hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Best Scran

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Been making Turkish eggs in the morning - garlic 0% fat Greek yogurt, two poached eggs, fresh mint and just a little Aleppo pepper brown butter. Toasted mini seeded wrap to scoop it up.

About 325 calories and really quick.
    That sounds braw

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Made an amazing Greek sharing platter for the two of us - reduced calorie chicken souvlaki, honey drizzled halloumi, whole meal pitta, 0% fat tzatziki, salad and pickled chili. Glorious.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    Made Beef Bulbogi last night served in lettuce tacos.

Really thinly sliced rib eye marinated in a mix of gochujang paste, garlic, ginger, pear, sesame oil, soy sauce. Flash fried on a cast iron pan for about a minute each side and then topped with spring onion and sesame seeds. Was outstanding and only takes about 5-10 mins to make and about 10 mins to prepare the night before. It’s a Korean BBQ dish and is probably my favourite type of Asian cuisine.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post

Really thinly sliced rib eye marinated in a mix of gochujang paste, garlic, ginger, pear, sesame oil, soy sauce. Flash fried on a cast iron pan for about a minute each side and then topped with spring onion and sesame seeds. Was outstanding and only takes about 5-10 mins to make and about 10 mins to prepare the night before. It’s a Korean BBQ dish and is probably my favourite type of Asian cuisine.
    That sounds ****ing ace
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Made some saag aloo tonight and also got some naan dough proving overnight in the fridge.

Going to make little bridie style pasty’s with it, stuffed with the curry and a bit of side salad with raita and mango chutney.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

https://recipes.lidl.co.uk/recipes/p...-mustard-sauce

This is a home run of a recipe. Made warm chocolate brownies for pud and it was a proper treat for a rainy day.

This is going to give you the best potato and leek soup you’ll ever have. The “hack” in this is something I seen online and it gives the most flavoursome, creamy potato and leek soup.

This is what I put in it:

Two medium leeks, chopped
    Two cloves of garlic, grated
    One sharing bag of salt and black pepper crisps, crushed. I used Tesco Finest but could be Mackies, could be kettle chips, or any similar equivalent
    One chicken stock pot and one vegetable stock cube (it’s what I had)
    Approx 750ml boiling water (you may need a little more)
    About a teaspoon of dried dill

Method:
    Soften your leeks and garlic.
    Add the crisps and mix. Add the dill and stock cubes and most of the water.
    Simmer and let the crisps rehydrate. Add more water if it looks like it’s getting too thick, whether it’s what you left over or just from the kettle.
    After 15-20 minutes, blitz.

Restaurant quality, super delicious.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    This is going to give you the best potato and leek soup you’ll ever have. The “hack” in this is something I seen online and it gives the most flavoursome, creamy potato and leek soup.

One sharing bag of salt and black pepper crisps, crushed. I used Tesco Finest but could be Mackies, could be kettle chips, or any similar equivalent

Method:
    Simmer and let the crisps rehydrate. Add more water if it looks like it’s getting too thick, whether it’s what you left over or just from the kettle.

I shall give it a go.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

It’s Bulgogi not bulbogi but I make typos all the time too! Yes, it’s delicious and probably the most famous Korean dish along with kimchi, which you’d often have on the side with your bulgogi

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    It’s Bulgogi not bulbogi but I make typos all the time too! Yes, it’s delicious and probably the most famous Korean dish along with kimchi, which you’d often have on the side with your bulgogi
    I knew that. Must have been autocorrect glad you brought it up though as I forgot I ever made this. Will need to make it again now.

Kim’s Bulgogi in Stockbridge is very good for takeaway bulgogi if you’re ever looking for it.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 27-11-2022 at 08:23 AM.

I knew that. Must have been autocorrect glad you brought it up though as I forgot I ever made this. Will need to make it again now.

Kim’s Bulgogi in Stockbridge is very good for takeaway bulgogi if you’re ever looking for it.
    Thanks. My Korean friend says Ong Gi on brougham st near tollcross is the best in Edinburgh, there’s also a few Kalbi places on the Southside where the barbecue hot plate is on your table.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Winter is my favourite food season here in Germany. One of my favourite easy to make meals is Cabbage and mince.

Fry the mince with some onions and garlic using butter until the mince is brown and the onions are soft then add the cabbage and some beef stock mixed with white wine and cook until the chopped cabbage is soft. Shortly before serving add some chopped parsley and cream. Salt and pepper to taste.

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar

Method:

My wife and I made this. It was very easy and tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieT View Post
    My wife and I made this. It was very easy and tasty.
    Good to hear that you both enjoyed it.