hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 152

Thread: Best Scran

  1. #121
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    16,240
    Made a cracking healthy Chinese fakeaway tonight - made a thin two egg omelette, put to one side then diced and softened a red pepper, baby corn, broccoli, onion, leek, carrot and some pineapple using 1 calorie cooking spray. Added a finely chopped red chili, two cloves of garlic and root ginger along with half a teaspoon of five spice. Added a microwave pack of whole grain rice. Added soy sauce. Added a few raw king prawns and cooked through.

    Rolled the thin omelette and cut into ribbons and added. Made up a quarter portion of Chinese takeaway curry sauce. Scattered some chopped spring onion on top and served a little of the curry sauce on the side.

    According to my app, around 500 calories per portion and plenty protein, fibre, veg and the like but tastes like a proper filthy takeaway.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #122
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    51
    Posts
    19,321
    Filthy takeaways are more than acceptable.

    A lot less effort too.

  4. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Made a cracking healthy Chinese fakeaway tonight - made a thin two egg omelette, put to one side then diced and softened a red pepper, baby corn, broccoli, onion, leek, carrot and some pineapple using 1 calorie cooking spray. Added a finely chopped red chili, two cloves of garlic and root ginger along with half a teaspoon of five spice. Added a microwave pack of whole grain rice. Added soy sauce. Added a few raw king prawns and cooked through.

    Rolled the thin omelette and cut into ribbons and added. Made up a quarter portion of Chinese takeaway curry sauce. Scattered some chopped spring onion on top and served a little of the curry sauce on the side.

    According to my app, around 500 calories per portion and plenty protein, fibre, veg and the like but tastes like a proper filthy takeaway.
    The Chinese curry sauce you get in the supermarket is outstanding. I usually hate when people say that something tastes just like the real thing because 99% of the time it doesnít - it might be good but it doesnít taste the same - but that sauce really does.

    Itís great for when you want something that feels a bit more indulgent but itís not really.

  5. #124
    @hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    East Lothian
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,346
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Hibby70
    Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the well fired morning roll. The really burnt ones.

  6. #125
    @hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 'Mains
    Posts
    4,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the well fired morning roll. The really burnt ones.
    Proper crispy ones, not the supermarket ones that feel like a normal roll with some sort of black flavouring painted on 'em!
    cým fallain

  7. #126
    @hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    East Lothian
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,346
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Proper crispy ones, not the supermarket ones that feel like a normal roll with some sort of black flavouring painted on 'em!
    Absolutely , ones that you have to cut and don't have a natural hinge edge

  8. #127
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    60
    Posts
    40,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the well fired morning roll. The really burnt ones.
    Stephenís well fired in selected Scotmid stores, canít beat them

  9. #128
    @hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The wrong side of 30
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Made a cracking healthy Chinese fakeaway tonight - made a thin two egg omelette, put to one side then diced and softened a red pepper, baby corn, broccoli, onion, leek, carrot and some pineapple using 1 calorie cooking spray. Added a finely chopped red chili, two cloves of garlic and root ginger along with half a teaspoon of five spice. Added a microwave pack of whole grain rice. Added soy sauce. Added a few raw king prawns and cooked through.

    Rolled the thin omelette and cut into ribbons and added. Made up a quarter portion of Chinese takeaway curry sauce. Scattered some chopped spring onion on top and served a little of the curry sauce on the side.

    According to my app, around 500 calories per portion and plenty protein, fibre, veg and the like but tastes like a proper filthy takeaway.
    Sounds class - though whatís the curry sauce recipe :-)

  10. #129
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    16,240
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds class - though what’s the curry sauce recipe :-)
    You can buy little tubs of concentrate from Tesco that are just add water - it’s one of those things you’ll never be able to quite replicate so you may as well have a cheat for it. As Stubbsy 90+2 said, it's exactly the same as you get from a takeaway but you just need to add a little over the top to get the same feeling of a takeaway but much healthier.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 20-05-2022 at 12:07 PM.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  11. #130
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    54
    Posts
    21,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can buy little tubs of concentrate from Tesco that are just add water - itís one of those things youíll never be able to quite replicate so you may as well have a cheat for it. As Stubbsy 90+2 said, it's exactly the same as you get from a takeaway but you just need to add a little over the top to get the same feeling of a takeaway but much healthier.
    I used to buy blocks of it from the Chinese supermarket for the house, now I take it from my Chippy!

  12. #131
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    60
    Posts
    40,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I used to buy blocks of it from the Chinese supermarket for the house, now I take it from my Chippy!
    The Gold Fish Brand?

  13. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stephenís well fired in selected Scotmid stores, canít beat them
    Definitely.

    With tomato crisps in them.

  14. #133
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    51
    Posts
    19,321
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Definitely.

    With tomato crisps in them.
    I think the well fired rolls have been covered earlier in the thread, worth numerous mentions though.

    Heavily buttered, then either a doorstep of cheddar cheese with onion, or GW Salt & Vinegar crisps (by themselves). 1980's school holidays food from the Gods! 😀

  15. #134
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thankerton, SL
    Age
    29
    Posts
    14,300
    I got a well fired roll once by accident and thought Iíd taken a bite out an ashtray.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I donít think thereís a better football celebration ever in the game.Ē

    Sir Alex Ferguson

  16. #135
    @hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 'Mains
    Posts
    4,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I got a well fired roll once by accident and thought Iíd taken a bite out an ashtray.
    Philistine!!!!!
    cým fallain

  17. #136
    @hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 'Mains
    Posts
    4,881
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the well fired rolls have been covered earlier in the thread, worth numerous mentions though.

    Heavily buttered, then either a doorstep of cheddar cheese with onion, or GW Salt & Vinegar crisps (by themselves). 1980's school holidays food from the Gods!
    They were and they are

    Bakers along the road getting a wee visit on Sunday morning
    cým fallain

  18. #137
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    51
    Posts
    19,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They were and they are

    Bakers along the road getting a wee visit on Sunday morning
    Enjoy! 🖒

  19. #138
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    54
    Posts
    21,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Gold Fish Brand?
    No, used to buy Maysan extra hot or Malaysian from the Chinese supermarket for the house. We use Dinaclass Irish Recipe Curry sauce in the Chippy.

  20. #139
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    16,240
    Attempting to replicate Dishoomís biryani tonight. Got my chicken marinating early.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  21. #140
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    16,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Attempting to replicate Dishoomís biryani tonight. Got my chicken marinating early.
    https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/dishoom-chicken-berry-britannia-biryani/amp/

    An absolute humdinger of a recipe. Replaced the desi maggi with chili powder and the saffron with turmeric.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  22. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/dishoom-chicken-berry-britannia-biryani/amp/

    An absolute humdinger of a recipe. Replaced the desi maggi with chili powder and the saffron with turmeric.
    If youíre from Edinburgh and looking for particular spices for curryís, amma spices on Gorgie Road is brilliant. Iíve been a few times for some obscure spices from the Dishoom book.

  23. #142
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    16,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you’re from Edinburgh and looking for particular spices for curry’s, amma spices on Gorgie Road is brilliant. I’ve been a few times for some obscure spices from the Dishoom book.
    I'm not unfortunately but thanks for the heads up - I do have friends near Gorgie Road (who pleasingly ****ing hate the Hearts) so can ask them to pick me up some if they're on the way up or pop by myself.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 24-05-2022 at 09:10 AM.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  24. #143
    Just made a home made buratta pizza.

    3 day cold proofed dough made with Caputo Americana flour from Naples. Yester Farms Fior Di Latte, home made sauce made from Mutti San Marzano tomatoes. Cooked in the Ooni on a low heat (low for a pizza oven anyway!) for about 7 minutes.

    Out the oven, topped with some torn basil, some broken up buratta (never cook the buratta) and a bit pecorino romano over the top. Sublime.

  25. #144
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    16,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just made a home made buratta pizza.

    3 day cold proofed dough made with Caputo Americana flour from Naples. Yester Farms Fior Di Latte, home made sauce made from Mutti San Marzano tomatoes. Cooked in the Ooni on a low heat (low for a pizza oven anyway!) for about 7 minutes.

    Out the oven, topped with some torn basil, some broken up buratta (never cook the buratta) and a bit pecorino romano over the top. Sublime.
    That sounds fabulous.

    I'm cracking out the BBQ tomorrow to make a chicken gyros - will have three skewers through around twelve chicken thighs which will have been marinated overnight in yoghurt, garlic, cumin, paprika, a tiny bit of cinnamon, garam masala, pepper and lemon juice. Will turn regularly and carve off strips once cooked and will make flatbreads and serve with halloumi, salad, tzatziki and hot sauce.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  26. #145
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Gross Kienitz
    Posts
    15,437
    Made some homemade bruschetta yesterday. Easy to prepare and delicious. Finely chopped tomatoes and onion mixed in a bowl with garlic, basil and olive oil to make a thick paste and salt to taste. Slice a thick crusted white bread or baguette so that it fits in the toaster and spoon on the mixture while the bread is still warm. I will definitely do this more often.

  27. #146
    Air Fryer Baby Potatoes with Rosemary in 15 Minutes (tastyoven.com)

    I made these over the weekend. went heavy on seasoning but they were fantastic and a real crowd pleaser. Making again tonight

  28. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Made some homemade bruschetta yesterday. Easy to prepare and delicious. Finely chopped tomatoes and onion mixed in a bowl with garlic, basil and olive oil to make a thick paste and salt to taste. Slice a thick crusted white bread or baguette so that it fits in the toaster and spoon on the mixture while the bread is still warm. I will definitely do this more often.
    I've made this a few times (minus the onions) - absolutely tremendous and really easy as you say. You can elevate it to epic levels if you use the traditional Italian toasting bread meant for Bruschetta - pan pugliese. Available in Sainsbury's and Waitrose - quite expensive but def worth it, especially if you toast it on a griddle pan.

  29. #148
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    54
    Posts
    21,646
    Experimented with a pizza tonight, used the Chippy curry sauce instead of tomato for the base, topped with halloumi, grated mozzarella, jalapeŮos, sweetcorn and some torn pepperoni, it was outstanding.

  30. #149
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    7,771
    Got a starter and have been making sourdough bread. Surprisingly so easy, a lot better than sourdough from the shops. Thinking of doing kombucha

  31. #150
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    16,240
    Been making Turkish eggs in the morning - garlic 0% fat Greek yogurt, two poached eggs, fresh mint and just a little Aleppo pepper brown butter. Toasted mini seeded wrap to scoop it up.

    About 325 calories and really quick.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)