hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tranent v Dunbar now off, but two cracking EOS Premier games in Midlothian currently still on with Whitehill playing Penicuik at Rosewell and Newtongrange at home to Musselburgh, leaders Bonnyrigg also at home in the Lowland League.
    Bonnyrigg game sold out - seriously impressive time and again! Would imagine Penicuik-Tranent will be similar next week.

Was impressed with whitehill at Dunbar last week, a horrible side to play against - similar to when they played at Tranent earlier in the season, Penicuik won’t have it easy.

Looking forward to Preston’s first competitive game since the 20th November as Hawick visit the Pennypit.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Spartans v The Strollers on Tuesday night at Ainslie Park. Had planned on a couple of pints in Clarks beforehand then jump on a bus up but they are closed a Tuesday currently so will need another plan.

Lincoln v Oxford next Saturday. The Mrs is from Lincolnshire and her dad is a Lincoln fan so I've sort of adopted them and keep and eye out for their results and the like. Both the bairns get Lincoln and Hibs strips every season so will be good to get the eldest to a game down there at last.
    Good win for the Imps then?

@hibs.net private member
    Great win for my most local team. Star beating Musselburgh AFC 2-0
    _A929893 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

_A929291 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

_A9_0604 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

@hibs.net private member
    Edinburgh United 1 Leith Athletic 1

Nice trip to Paties Road today. Game wasn’t the best and the result more suited Haddington.

Pies were delightful.

On to Edinburgh South v Heriot Watt on Wednesday, free entry.

Going to Halifax v Grimsby at the shay on Tuesday.

First time I have been down there since early 2020.

Next Saturday I am taking in Huddersfield v Swansea for £5.00.
    Cougars!!!

Coaching Staff
    Kirkcaldy and Dysart v St. Andrews East of Scotland league, Kirkcaldy ran out 3 - 1 in an entertaining game which was well attended being a Fife Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Bonnyrigg game sold out - seriously impressive time and again!
    Probably a good few hundred short of what would have been at the game were it not for the absolutely ludicrous restrictions as well.

Hopefully some money filters down from the support the football authorities were hoping to get.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Probably a good few hundred short of what would have been at the game were it not for the absolutely ludicrous restrictions as well.

Hopefully some money filters down from the support the football authorities were hoping to get.
    Agreed. Slight advantage was seeing 130+ at the Preston-Hawick game today, around double the Panners average gate - mostly down to nobody having any football to go to. £8 for a ticket, pie and a ‘pint’ (can/bottle beer) is cracking value and an 8-0 win (biggest in their history I was told).

Spent the afternoon enjoyably at Edinburgh Uni v East Stirlingshire at Peffermill. Surprisingly good standard from both teams, who tried to get the ball down and play football. Shire were too powerful all round and ran out well deserved 3-0 winners. Still pressing in the Uni half moments from time - both teams looked very fit. Caught up with some old colleagues, and watched the match in a relaxed fashion, as I didn’t care who won. Bit cold, but took my own Bovril!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Gateshead 0-1 Chorley. £15. Both teams in play off zone in front of 850 fans, 42 from Chorley. Standard I’d think is similar to Div 2 in Scotland. Not much to choose between the teams. Stadium similar to watching football at the old Meadowbank. The Heed Army sang right through the game.

The Schooner pub near the ground is excellent. Great range of beer and scran at good prices. Mince pie in the ground £3 and far superior to anything on offer at ER. Good day out and it’d be worth going back for the derby v Blyth Spartans.

A reminder I’m actually watching a good standard of player at ER.
    Last edited by Bishop Hibee; 09-01-2022 at 03:06 PM.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Good day out in Carlisle yesterday to see Carlisle beat a Derek Adams managed Bradford. Decent turnout from the Bradford fans. Bradford passed the ball about well at the start but after losing the first goal they seemed to give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Gateshead 0-1 Chorley. £15. Both teams in play off zone in front of 850 fans, 42 from Chorley. Standard I’d think is similar to Div 2 in Scotland. Not much to choose between the teams. Stadium similar to watching football at the old Meadowbank. The Heed Army sang right through the game.

The Schooner pub near the ground is excellent. Great range of beer and scran at good prices. Mince pie in the ground £3 and far superior to anything on offer at ER. Good day out and it’d be worth going back for the derby v Blyth Spartans.

I’m keen to get down to a Blyth game, stadium looks great and fine colours. Gateshead looks a bit barren but I’ll need to get there too!

Quote Originally Posted by Crab apple View Post
    Good day out in Carlisle yesterday to see Carlisle beat a Derek Adams managed Bradford. Decent turnout from the Bradford fans. Bradford passed the ball about well at the start but after losing the first goal they seemed to give up.
    I’m heading to Carlisle next Saturday for their game against Crawley, been to Carlisle a few times but never been to the stadium, looking forward to it.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    I’m keen to get down to a Blyth game, stadium looks great and fine colours. Gateshead looks a bit barren but I’ll need to get there too!
    Stadium is 70’s brutalist architecture. If any less of the floodlight bulbs were working they’d have had to abandon the game. Fans were great though. A few disgruntled Mags who’ve given up swelling the crowd.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post

Suprised at 42, thought they would take couple 100.

Gateshead for a long time used go get under 500 so that's not actually a bad crowd for them.
    Cougars!!!

Halifax 1 Grimsby 0.

Poor standard of football, had 0-0 written all over it until a penalty out of nothing.

Crowd 2900 ish.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Halifax 1 Grimsby 0.

Poor standard of football, had 0-0 written all over it until a penalty out of nothing.

Crowd 2900 ish.
    Couple of good wins, think they can go up?

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Couple of good wins, think they can go up?
    If they can put a run together I think they can win it.

Got some good away games coming up which my mate asked if fancied Wrexham and Notts County.

What did suprise me was it was all ticket and Halifax were selling none on game day. Must have been room for 7000 more and fans locked out.

People were asking fans outside if had any spares. Crazy
    Last edited by HH81; 12-01-2022 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    If they can put a run together I think they can win it.

Got some good away games coming up which my mate asked if fancied Wrexham and Notts County.

What did suprise me was it was all ticket and Halifax were selling none on game day. Must have been room for 7000 more and fans locked out.

People were asking fans outside if had any spares. Crazy
    Might have been no sales because Grimsby sold all theirs I guess? Looked a good following on a picture I saw on Twitter.

Presume the Wrexham game takes place after fans are allowed back at games in Wales?

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    Might have been no sales because Grimsby sold all theirs I guess? Looked a good following on a picture I saw on Twitter.

Presume the Wrexham game takes place after fans are allowed back at games in Wales?
    The Wrexham game is in March so you would like to think there was a chance of that then.

I was hearing Grimsby were still selling ones left over on the day but Halifax took them off sale. Someone sent me this earlier -
    https://twitter.com/Awaydays23/status/1481004661767380994?t=4xKtwdORa1NAZZH1846RXg&s=08

Great turn out from Grimsby. If someone can fix link 😁

Been doing some digging, I read was trouble at Wrexham home game and some fighting so police made it all ticket. Doesn't seem like was any restrictions on how they sold them.
    Last edited by HH81; 13-01-2022 at 05:47 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Heading to St Andrews v Thornton Hibs match on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by KdyHby View Post
    Think I’ll go to Olivebank for Musselburgh Athletic v Whitehill but the above sounds good!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by KdyHby View Post
    Down to Den Field for Kirkcaldy & Dysart v Star Hearts, opportunity for Kirkcaldy to consolidate 4th place.

@hibs.net private member
    Penicuik v Tranent this Saturday for me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Down to Den Field for Kirkcaldy & Dysart v Star Hearts, opportunity for Kirkcaldy to consolidate 4th place.
    Less than a 5 minute walk from my house, but wanting to visit a new ground. Hope K&D do well, one of my neighbours was one of their coaches.

@hibs.net private member
    Taking images of The Pars v Hamilton on Saturday. Really enjoy a trip to East End Park and such a shame they look like they may drop a league

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Dunbar Utd v Nitten tomorrow should be decent game

I'm at Huddersfield v Swansea today as its £5.00.

They charge £1.25 per ticket admin fee no matter how you receive the ticket.

Still at £6.25 decent value and hopefully a good game.
    Cougars!!!

Anyone know of the chances of being able go get in to the Gala vs Bonnyrigg or Kelty vs Edinburgh City games?

Had a look online for avg. attendances etc. but not a lot of info to see if it's worth the journey

Quote Originally Posted by Conj View Post
    I’m heading to Carlisle next Saturday for their game against Crawley, been to Carlisle a few times but never been to the stadium, looking forward to it.
    A group of ten of us head down for hospitality every Christmas. It’s a great wee day out and decent value at £45.