hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

Groundhopping Outside of the Hibs - Where you heading?

After a chat with HH81 on the Boxing Day football, opening this thread for folks to contribute with match day visits outside of our beloved Hibs.
    Interested to hear of the local, the far flung, the weird wonderful and ordinary.

I’m heading to Morpeth. A great wee market town I always enjoy visiting but this is the first time for football….

Craik Park Morpeth for Morpeth Town v Whitby Town, Northern Premier League, 3pm KO.

Anyone else up to much?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I'm in a cottage near Longframlington. If
    you come down the 697, you should pop in for a drink.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm in a cottage near Longframlington. If
    you come down the 697, you should pop in for a drink.
    Driving. A1. Are you near the Granby? Great fish n chips!
    Last edited by Iggy Pope; 01-01-2022 at 11:20 AM.

No game for me this weekend.

I almost headed to Bashford United as my nephew is going back to uni so was going to offer to take him.

He ended up going back down yesterday.

Will be heading to the new York City ground in Feb/March time to check that out. Got couple of games pencilled in to pick from. Looks on pictures like a 4 boxed stand with odd seats bit like Brentford.

My wife's sister lives at Eastwood (Eastwood Town) and they have a non league ground across the road. Plan on heading there to a game when we next go down. Looks good from the outside.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Lewes FC and their ‘Dripping Pan’ ground is high on my list. Fascinating little place and the burgers and ale are supposed to be great!

also, forest green rovers

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    I have been to 45 of them. Cheers for the link.
    Cougars!!!

Spartans v The Strollers on Tuesday night at Ainslie Park. Had planned on a couple of pints in Clarks beforehand then jump on a bus up but they are closed a Tuesday currently so will need another plan.

Lincoln v Oxford next Saturday. The Mrs is from Lincolnshire and her dad is a Lincoln fan so I've sort of adopted them and keep and eye out for their results and the like. Both the bairns get Lincoln and Hibs strips every season so will be good to get the eldest to a game down there at last.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    After a chat with HH81 on the Boxing Day football, opening this thread for folks to contribute with match day visits outside of our beloved Hibs.
    Interested to hear of the local, the far flung, the weird wonderful and ordinary.

I’m heading to Morpeth. A great wee market town I always enjoy visiting but this is the first time for football….

Craik Park Morpeth for Morpeth Town v Whitby Town, Northern Premier League, 3pm KO.

Anyone else up to much?
    2-0 to Morpeth fiesty stuff and a late red card for the home side.
    Nice little set up, busy clubhouse, tidy steak n kidney pie.
    Noisy Whitby young team whose repertoire included an interesting take on “Anarchy in the UK” with something about Whitby boys Yorkshire boys and someone I couldn’t make out that they wanna destroy (not passers by). Wee scrap behind the goals after the 2nd which was surprising as it was all convivial up to then!
    Enjoyable and a crowd in the high hundreds I’d think.
    Last edited by Iggy Pope; 01-01-2022 at 06:45 PM.

Anyone else up to much?
    Ainslie Park today for University of Stirling v Edinburgh University in the Lowland League, finished 3-2 to Stirling

Noisy Whitby young team whose repertoire included an interesting take on “Anarchy in the UK” with something about Whitby boys Yorkshire boys and someone I couldn’t make out that they wanna destroy (not passers by). Wee scrap behind the goals after the 2nd which was surprising as it was all convivial up to then!
    The return game in Whitby would be good. Lovely wee place Whitby and lovely fish n chips

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    I went to the Barrow v Oldham game.

Finished 0-0, not a great game and swirling winds straight off the Irish Sea.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Bus taking a group from my nephew's football team to the Man U v Wolves game on Monday. They were supposed to go last year but Covid scuppered the trip.

Lancaster City v Atherton Collieries for me today. 0-0 draw but a good day out all the same with my mate, my mrs and my 14 year old lad. Going to Hartlepool c Bolton on Tuesday in the pizza plate.

Went to Morpeth a year or two ago watching Atherton Collieries. A very well to do town to say the least! First time I’ve seen a ground’s catering to include a pitch side pizza oven!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    I have been to 45 of them. Cheers for the link.
    46 for me. Sorry not sorry 😁

@hibs.net private member
    Armadale v Bathgate for me today. Hosts ran out 4-0 winners in the West Lothian New Year Derby. Two of the goals were crackers and I was quick enough on the shutter to get them. Bullet header from 15 yards and a curler into postie's corner

ArmadalevBathgate_1Jan2022_SWootton187 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

ArmadalevBathgate_1Jan2022_SWootton207 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

Blyth Spartans v Gateshead today. The big one !

Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    Ainslie Park today for University of Stirling v Edinburgh University in the Lowland League, finished 3-2 to Stirling
    Are they always at Ainslie Park? I would have thought they'd play their games at Peffermill.

@hibs.net private member
    East Fife v Montrose today

Anyone else up to much?
    Been to Morpeth a few times in the last year,the clubhouse with the big decking is a goldmine.

Players are well looked after and paid well.

Remember seeing bamber bridge there and they were excellent, full of players released from academies.

It's a decent standard and great value👍💚

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    Lancaster City v Atherton Collieries for me today. 0-0 draw but a good day out all the same with my mate, my mrs and my 14 year old lad. Going to Hartlepool c Bolton on Tuesday in the pizza plate.

Went to Morpeth a year or two ago watching Atherton Collieries. A very well to do town to say the least! First time I’ve seen a ground’s catering to include a pitch side pizza oven!

46 for me. Sorry not sorry 😁
    It was shut yesterday! But they had the marquee open…
    And 38 of those for me with a few definitely on the list.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Driving. A1. Are you near the Granby? Great fish n chips!
    High Weldon
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    Anyone else got the App Futbology? Found it great for locating smaller local matches, and keeping track of matches attended, grounds visited etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Are they always at Ainslie Park? I would have thought they'd play their games at Peffermill.
    It was Stirling's home game with a change of venue because the floodlights at Forthbank have a fault. Stirling Albion's home game on Saturday coming is kicking off at 1 because of the problem.

Not going anywhere, but looking forward to the Fife derby today. Leaning toward Dunfermline for the Yogi and Whittaker connection, but would like to see Rovers up, as it’s a cracking away day, so will just enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by KdyHby View Post
    Anyone else got the App Futbology? Found it great for locating smaller local matches, and keeping track of matches attended, grounds visited etc.
    I tried starting to use it recently but was finding it would take me days to fill in my back catalogue of games attended. Will stick to my trusty spreadsheet!

I'm going to Carlisle v Bradford on Saturday.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BegbieHSC View Post
    Not going anywhere, but looking forward to the Fife derby today. Leaning toward Dunfermline for the Yogi and Whittaker connection, but would like to see Rovers up, as it’s a cracking away day, so will just enjoy the game.
    Well done on getting tickets, envy!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    I tried starting to use it recently but was finding it would take me days to fill in my back catalogue of games attended. Will stick to my trusty spreadsheet!
    Have made good progress with the backdating, still got many more to do.

Anyone else up to much?
    I was in Darlington for the day yesterday, not attending football (watched the tele games though), just drinking and punting.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 02-01-2022 at 02:34 PM.

Before the pandemic we had an annual family boys trip to a big overseas game, something I can't wait to restart after travel restrictions begin to eventually lift.

I could recommend all the games & stadiums so far. We got lucky with goalfests too. We saw:

Lazio 1 Roma 4 (2016)
    Inter 3 Ac Milan 2 (2017)
    Real Madrid 2 Barcelona 3 (2018)
    NY Knicks 110 Washington 109 (2019)

Of those, the most bonkers atmosphere of the lot was the San Siro. 82,000 fans, including 13,000 "away" fans at one end. It was constant continual bedlam, topped off with Milan having a goal ruled out for offside (late flag too, delicious) and inter wrapping up 3-2 with a soft as butter injury time pen, for an icardi hat trick. Recommend!