hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was in Darlington for the day yesterday, not attending football (watched the tele games though), just drinking and punting.
    Whats Darlington like Hutchy ? A few of our family are thinking about taking in a meeting at Sedgefield Races and staying in Darlington overnight. I've never been there but with the train stopping there it seems a logical choice and get a taxi to the racecourse

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    Whats Darlington like Hutchy ? A few of our family are thinking about taking in a meeting at Sedgefield Races and staying in Darlington overnight. I've never been there but with the train stopping there it seems a logical choice and get a taxi to the racecourse
    We go down quite often, plenty decent wee pubs in the compact town centre, prices ranged from £4.20-£6.00 for a pint of Strongbow and a John Smiths/Newcy Brown. 2 or 3 "above standard" pubs closer to Edinburgh prices, I would recommend The Hole in the Wall. The Premier Inn is right in the centre of town and is usually quite cheap.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    We go down quite often, plenty decent wee pubs in the compact town centre, prices ranged from £4.20-£6.00 for a pint of Strongbow and a John Smiths/Newcy Brown. 2 or 3 "above standard" pubs closer to Edinburgh prices, I would recommend The Hole in the Wall. The Premier Inn is right in the centre of town and is usually quite cheap.
    Thanks pal....appreciated......

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbymark View Post
    Blyth Spartans v Gateshead today. The big one !
    How did that one go then? An impressive win for Blyth Spartans as Gateshead were moving along well. Looks like they are recovering after Michael Nelson!

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    No game for me this weekend.

I almost headed to Bashford United as my nephew is going back to uni so was going to offer to take him.

He ended up going back down yesterday.

Will be heading to the new York City ground in Feb/March time to check that out. Got couple of games pencilled in to pick from. Looks on pictures like a 4 boxed stand with odd seats bit like Brentford.

My wife's sister lives at Eastwood (Eastwood Town) and they have a non league ground across the road. Plan on heading there to a game when we next go down. Looks good from the outside.
    My Yorkie pal tells me the new ground is a bit isolated with nothing much there including pubs.

There are quite a few clubs near to Eastwood around the Notts-Derbys border. Kimberley, Ilkeston Town, Belper, Heanor and Long Eaton.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    I live 2 mins from Gateshead's stadium and have been meaning to get myself along there for ages. Have, of course, been to see Newcastle, which is always a completely miserable affair!

Quote Originally Posted by stu in nottingham View Post
    My Yorkie pal tells me the new ground is a bit isolated with nothing much there including pubs.

There are quite a few clubs near to Eastwood around the Notts-Derbys border. Kimberley, Ilkeston Town, Belper, Heanor and Long Eaton.
    Yes I think with Eastwood as the ground is near by it would mean I can walk there and have a beer 😁.

Think might be a retail park near by so the Mrs can have a walk round and I can nip to a game at York. Went to their old ground a few times, it was very good, liked the terrace behind the goals. Old fashioned ground and pretty close to the centre.
    Cougars!!!

Yes I think with Eastwood as the ground is near by it would mean I can walk there and have a beer 😁.

Think might be a retail park near by so the Mrs can have a walk round and I can nip to a game at York. Went to their old ground a few times, it was very good, liked the terrace behind the goals. Old fashioned ground and pretty close to the centre.
    I dare say you’ll have been to the site of York’s new ground before and not realised it as it has been built on top of the old rugby/athletics ground. Retail park and park & ride are next door.

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    I dare say you’ll have been to the site of York’s new ground before and not realised it as it has been built on top of the old rugby/athletics ground. Retail park and park & ride are next door.
    Ah right didn't know it was built on the old site of the York Rl Ground. Went there a few times with the cougars.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Hoping to go to Eashouses v Preston on Wed but car has been taken off the road. Failed MOT. Don’t have the cash required for job at the min.

Anyone else going? Either from Seafield or Fairmilehead

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    Hoping to go to Eashouses v Preston on Wed but car has been taken off the road. Failed MOT. Don’t have the cash required for job at the min.

Anyone else going? Either from Seafield or Fairmilehead
    Unfortunately missing it due to work, but would’ve been heading from the pans anyway! Will be at the ‘Pit on Saturday for the visit of Hawick. Huge few weeks in the race for promotion.

East Lothian derby at Foresters on Saturday as Tranent take on Dunbar as well. Tranent trying to chase down Penicuik and high flying Lithgae. Incredible the leagues that EOS have put together this year, hopefully not long until there is a clear path from top to bottom of the pyramid instead of all this play off nonsense. Find teams’ proper place in the game rather than nothing clubs clinging onto their league status through proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Spartans v The Strollers on Tuesday night at Ainslie Park. Had planned on a couple of pints in Clarks beforehand then jump on a bus up but they are closed a Tuesday currently so will need another plan.

Lincoln v Oxford next Saturday. The Mrs is from Lincolnshire and her dad is a Lincoln fan so I've sort of adopted them and keep and eye out for their results and the like. Both the bairns get Lincoln and Hibs strips every season so will be good to get the eldest to a game down there at last.
    The Spartans programme for tonight with a nod to The Clash has caught interest....

Huddersfield v Swansea 15.01.22 is only £5.00 per head if anyone is in the area and fancies a game to tick a ground off etc.

https://www.htafc.com/news/2022/janu...ainst-swansea/
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    I went to the Barrow v Oldham game.

Finished 0-0, not a great game and swirling winds straight off the Irish Sea.
    I went to Barrow to see them play Leyton Orient three or four years back. An unremittingly bleak place.

Yoker Athletic v Vale of Clyde for me on Saturday, in the West of Scotland Conference C.

Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post
    I went to Barrow to see them play Leyton Orient three or four years back. An unremittingly bleak place.

Yoker Athletic v Vale of Clyde for me on Saturday, in the West of Scotland Conference C.
    I have been to Barrow too.

What I have never got my head around is the football and rugby league grounds are about a mile apart and pretty similar in terms of appearance. I know there is history etc but seems a bit odd. Always felt should play at the same ground.

Also RL ground is closer to the town centre, which is very run down.

Huddersfield v Swansea 15.01.22 is only £5.00 per head if anyone is in the area and fancies a game to tick a ground off etc.

https://www.htafc.com/news/2022/janu...ainst-swansea/
    I did Huddersfield on Boxing Day v Blackpool. Great game and a tidy ground. Nice touch to keep their old turnstiles from Leeds Road.

Youngest son is Man U daft so going to see SJM do them in the Cup at Old Trafford next Monday 10

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    The Spartans programme for tonight with a nod to The Clash has caught interest....

Match was postponed. Frozen pitch.

Ended up sitting in the boozer instead....
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Match was postponed. Frozen pitch.

Ended up sitting in the boozer instead....
    It’s an Astro park, surprised it’s frozen

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Toying with going to watch Bath rugby at the Recreation Ground on Sunday.

They are having a miserable winless season so far so not a major incentive. Plus had two weeks with no games due to COVID.

Got to win some time right?

J

Spartans v The Strollers on Tuesday night at Ainslie Park. Had planned on a couple of pints in Clarks beforehand then jump on a bus up but they are closed a Tuesday currently so will need another plan.

Lincoln v Oxford next Saturday. The Mrs is from Lincolnshire and her dad is a Lincoln fan so I've sort of adopted them and keep and eye out for their results and the like. Both the bairns get Lincoln and Hibs strips every season so will be good to get the eldest to a game down there at last.
    Got a mate down there, drinks in the Golden Eagle on the High St near Sincil Bank. Good pre match venue next time youre down. Big beer garden out back.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Four of us, two born in Gateshead but have lived in Edinburgh for years, off to Gateshead v Chorley on Saturday. £15 a ticket. Heading to The Schooner pub nearby pre-match. Looks decent from their website.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Four of us, two born in Gateshead but have lived in Edinburgh for years, off to Gateshead v Chorley on Saturday. £15 a ticket. Heading to The Schooner pub nearby pre-match. Looks decent from their website.
    Was in the Schooner about 5 years ago when up for a game, was decent and the food was good.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    Got a mate down there, drinks in the Golden Eagle on the High St near Sincil Bank. Good pre match venue next time youre down. Big beer garden out back.
    Theres plenty of pubs within walking distance of Sinclair Bank, assuming they have survived the pandemic, my one of choice would be the Shakespeare or the Anchor.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Looking forward to it

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

I was at Halifax v Chorley a few years ago well supported are Chorley and should be a decent game.
    Cougars!!!

Had a good day out at Lincoln earlier in the season watching Bolton. Had to sit in the home end but that’s another story! Loads of decent boozers dotted about.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    NY Knicks 110 Washington 109 (2019)
    Good lord, the defending in the MLS must be awful.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Unfortunately missing it due to work, but would’ve been heading from the pans anyway! Will be at the ‘Pit on Saturday for the visit of Hawick. Huge few weeks in the race for promotion.

East Lothian derby at Foresters on Saturday as Tranent take on Dunbar as well. Tranent trying to chase down Penicuik and high flying Lithgae. Incredible the leagues that EOS have put together this year, hopefully not long until there is a clear path from top to bottom of the pyramid instead of all this play off nonsense. Find teams’ proper place in the game rather than nothing clubs clinging onto their league status through proxy.
    Tranent v Dunbar now off, but two cracking EOS Premier games in Midlothian currently still on with Whitehill playing Penicuik at Rosewell and Newtongrange at home to Musselburgh, leaders Bonnyrigg also at home in the Lowland League.

Off to Gateshead tomorrow to watch Chorley play there.

Both sides fighting for promotion to the National League.