hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Man Sues Former Employer For 'Anti-Rangers Discrimination'

"Eddie, from Bonnybridge near Falkirk, launched the action against energy construction firm Doosan Babcock, recruitment firm NRL, and his former boss Donald Ross.

He claims he was let go after managers said there was not enough work for him, but he was actually targeted for supporting Rangers."

“If people say their religion is protected, how many times do they go to church? I would argue it’s as important to me as someone who has a religion.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...acked-27125143

Poor wee soul.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Bonnybridge. It had to be that place.

@hibs.net private member
    What a roaster. Interesting that he picks out Celtic AND Hibs fans as the source of “anti the rangers” graffiti in the toilets. Not much sectarian nonsense going on in that man’s head then🤔
    To be fair, nobody should be stupid enough to use the death of 66 people as a “wind-up”. It’s just disgusting. However, to suggest that following a football team is some kind of “religion” is pathetic. But then he represents a fanbase that persuaded Nil by Mouth that the word “hun” is somehow sectarian.

And for those reasons, just because the world really has gone mad, the judge will rule in his favour. Just you wait and see. 🤨

I've seen a few like him on my travels abroad recently. Podgy men (and women) dressed in full kit to go on holiday. I suppose It's easy to choose what to wear and take. It's quite odd to me. The other day I saw a guy with wild greasy hair, dressed in a dirty tracksuit with a celtic top underneath in Lisbon airport on the way to Edinburgh. He looked like he'd spent days rummaging in skips.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've seen a few like him on my travels abroad recently. Podgy men (and women) dressed in full kit to go on holiday. I suppose It's easy to choose what to wear and take. It's quite odd to me. The other day I saw a guy with wild greasy hair, dressed in a dirty tracksuit with a celtic top underneath in Lisbon airport on the way to Edinburgh. He looked like he'd spent days rummaging in skips.
    Or partying since 1967? 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    What a roaster. Interesting that he picks out Celtic AND Hibs fans as the source of “anti the rangers” graffiti in the toilets. Not much sectarian nonsense going on in that man’s head then��
    To be fair, nobody should be stupid enough to use the death of 66 people as a “wind-up”. It’s just disgusting. However, to suggest that following a football team is some kind of “religion” is pathetic. But then he represents a fanbase that persuaded Nil by Mouth that the word “hun” is somehow sectarian.

And for those reasons, just because the world really has gone mad, the judge will rule in his favour. Just you wait and see. ��
    Sir William Orange-Peel Boyne presiding.
    Some material for this years fringe stand up guys/gals.
    Where's Ken Dodds tickling sticks these days

Comedy Club Front Row

!

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Told the story somewhere before, but, some years ago I was at a contract tendering presentation with a number of firms represented and keen to win the contract.

Most of the parties knew each other well enough. Pretty early on one guy who was a full blown Masonic hand shake hun let it be known that a couple of us, myself included were "known Hibbies". Banter with an underlying tone for the rest of the audience and I felt it was important to him to get his "credentials" out there.

Various other irrelevant remarks were made that go with the hun psyche.

The meeting was then called to order and the organiser introduced everyone round the table including myself, who had changed roles and was now the person awarding the contract.

There was a few awkward moments at the coffee break and the firm concerned never made the first cut.

Ironically the hun in question worked in an industry, and for a firm that had a reputation in the 70's for giving preferential treatment to candidates and employees of a certain persuasion.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Always the victim!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    I've seen a few like him on my travels abroad recently. Podgy men (and women) dressed in full kit to go on holiday.
    Went to Prague a few years back, was enjoying the sun and cheap beer, turned round and saw a full kit w*nker, love handles and about 50 in a full hertz kit.

Ruined the holiday.

@hibs.net private member
    I’d love it if it goes to court and then the Employers argue that Rangers are no more and it’s now The Rangers so canny be discrimination as I don’t except they are the same club.

Imagine if the Judge said that was the case??????

Please
    Please please
    Please please Please
    God let this be the employers defence.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    "Eddie, from Bonnybridge near Falkirk, launched the action against energy construction firm Doosan Babcock, recruitment firm NRL, and his former boss Donald Ross.

He claims he was let go after managers said there was not enough work for him, but he was actually targeted for supporting Rangers."

“If people say their religion is protected, how many times do they go to church? I would argue it’s as important to me as someone who has a religion.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...acked-27125143

Poor wee soul.
    Hun infested sh#thole.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    “I live my life in accordance with being a Rangers fan.

“I don’t go to church. I go to Rangers. It’s a belief to me.”

If ever a quote summed up the deeply ingrained bigotry in Scotland then here it is.

Forget the faux religious divide, blaming Catholic Schools etc - 99.9% of Rangers fans will never set foot in a church to practice their so called Protestant faith.

There is no actual “religious divide” in Scotland - just bigotry and aligning of views by simpletons depending on what Old Firm club they choose to support.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

If ever a quote summed up the deeply ingrained bigotry in Scotland then here it is.

Forget the faux religious divide, blaming Catholic Schools etc - 99.9% of Rangers fans will never set foot in a church to practice their so called Protestant faith.

There is no actual “religious divide” in Scotland - just bigotry and aligning of views by simpletons depending on what Old Firm club they choose to support.
    What even is living your life in accordance with being a Rangers fans? Maybe we need a new Ten Commandmnets:

1. There is no God but John Greig, thou shalt honour him.
    2. Thou shalt not worship false idols such as the Scotland national team
    3. Thou shalt paint thy kerb stones red, white and blue
    4. Badly played flute music is sacred, thou shalt honour it.
    5. Thou shalt call out those not aligned with thy beliefs as fenians, tarriers and taigs
    6. Thous shalt covet thy neighbours European Cup but pretend it is not so
    7. Thou shalt make pilgrimage to Ibrox, ignoring all other arenas closer to thy home
    8. Thou shalt wear ill fitting club leisurewear on holiday further thou shalt wear thy ill fitting away tap after dark to dress with appropriate decorum for thy evening meal
    9. Thou shalt never admit that thy club was treated in the appropriate manner after liquidation in the year of our John 2012
    10. Thou shalt carry all grievances for eternity for thou hast been done wrong by the aforementioned fenians, tarriers and taigs
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Who goes to an employment tribunal with an argument like this? Sometimes, frequently, I really cannot abide humans. We're embarrassing.

@hibs.net private member Berwickhibby's Avatar
    Maybe it’s just me, but what I don’t understand with both the bigot brothers from the West and religion…. Is regardless of which faith you worship…is it not the same god ??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    What even is living your life in accordance with being a Rangers fans? Maybe we need a new Ten Commandmnets:

5. Thou shalt call out those not aligned with thy beliefs as fenians, tarriers and taigs
    7. Thou shalt make pilgrimage to Ibrox, ignoring all other arenas closer to thy home
    8. Thou shalt wear ill fitting club leisurewear on holiday further thou shalt wear thy ill fitting away tap after dark to dress with appropriate decorum for thy evening meal
    9. Thou shalt never admit that thy club was treated in the appropriate manner after liquidation in the year of our John 2012
    10. Thou shalt carry all grievances for eternity for thou hast been done wrong by the aforementioned fenians, tarriers and taigs
    Superb 🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Who goes to an employment tribunal with an argument like this? Sometimes, frequently, I really cannot abide humans. We're embarrassing.
    Someone who clearly thinks this would be an easy payday. Representing himself too! I love to picture him in his dark bedsit pouring through case files trying to find some legal precedents.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

Hear,hear
    My view for years.
    Just ignorant and mis-informed anti catholic bigots.
    Not just those with little or no education,either .
    I know in my youth i was denied employment due to my faith.
    Well,my surname is a give away.
    I was told more than once that was the reason.
    One time informed in a pub about an hour after the interview!

Goodness, it was worse for my fathers relatives in Ayrshire/Lanarkshire.
    A few of them left for England the US and Australia in 1950s/60s.
    All down to bigotry/religious hatred.
    Yet its still with us in Scotland.and i know no non catholics who attend kirk/church.

This guy and his claims "beggars belief "

@hibs.net private member Green Reaper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    He’s a Hun , not a Human 😬

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Berwickhibby View Post
    Maybe it’s just me, but what I don’t understand with both the bigot brothers from the West and religion…. Is regardless of which faith you worship…is it not the same god ??!!
    Yes. And the same God recognised by Judaism and Islam as well.

The Roman Catholic Church in Scotland and the Church of Scotland recently signed a formal accord of friendship and cooperation. It was basically making something that has been happening for the last couple of decades or more official. Churches across Scotland work together in their communities and hold ecumenical services regularly. The document in question recognised that and recognised what unites us whilst accepting that each Church has it's own traditions and beliefs that are sacrosanct.

Sectarianism in Scotland is largely driven by fringe groups (on both 'sides') and those who haven't attended a church of any denomination in years. It's tiresome.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Apparently case number 1690.
    I have worked with Rangers fans who have asked my religion and made inappropriate comments. Firms don't let people go because they support a certain football team.

@hibs.net private member
    Absolute chancer.

See Carheenlea's reply above.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Laugh out loud moment there.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Prayer mats should always point towards Larkhall.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Always the victim!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The real snowflakes reveal themselves yet again.

I'm an atheist but can definitely see where you are coming from.

Most of these people align themselves secondary to a religion which happens to flow from whatever mantra their particular club uses to exploit them....

Not many will be able to explain even the basics of their chosen religion let alone why following a recently formed football team is actually a religion or similar.

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Prayer mats should always point towards Larkhall.
    What if your guts too big / hun tops too tight to allow you to bend?

Sir Matt Busby

From the looks of him he will be able to sing all their hymns word perfect.