hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Away End

The Away End

What is going on with it?

Last night it was clear there were far too many people in there. A huge chunk of the lower tier was absolutely rammed with no stairways visible at all. There was nowhere near enough empty seats elsewhere in the stand to explain it as people simply moving to stand next to their mates. The same thing happened when both Rangers and Celtic were in town. A lower tier clearly operating at above the capacity it should.

I've seen it at Hibs away days too. Guys with 1 ticket bundling through the turnstiles in pairs. Surely it's something Hibs need to address though. If there was a fire or a crush or whatever then we would be at least partially liable. We are paying for the services of a stewarding company to supervise the turnstiles, if they are unwilling or unable to do so then they should be seeking assistance from the Police.

I'm no killjoy and I'm not into the whole sanitised football thing. People can stand, sing, shout, make hand gestures and whatever else but if there is an incident and anyone is injured then it's going to cause Hibs major problems.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hearts fans getting in without tickets. Been happening for years. My mates pass their tickets back or follow close behind. Definitely unsafe.

On another note they were absolutley ***** last night. Very quiet for an away derby support.
    Last edited by Since452; 02-02-2022 at 07:16 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hearts fans getting in without tickets. Been happening for years. My mates pass their tickets back or follow close behind. Definately unsafe.

On another note they were absolutley ***** last night. Very quiet for an away derby support.
    You can’t pass tickets back…doesn’t work twice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post

That's what I was thinking

The latter then.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Hearts fans getting in without tickets. Been happening for years. My mates pass their tickets back or follow close behind. Definitely unsafe.

Them being silent is nothing new. Very loyal, but brutal support

I noticed last night that the access door on the West Side of the ffl was closed and only had two stewards on. We got in about 7:10 and folk were already having issues getting in

What was going on near the end of the game? I saw a whole stream of Jambos being lead out at the front of the stand.

@hibs.net private member
    How do you get 2 folk through the turnstile with 1 ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    How do you get 2 folk through the turnstile with 1 ticket?
    Stand really close together and push through as a pair. Essentially turning 2 skinny people into one fat person by wrapping arms round each other.

I've seen it done by Hibs fans at Tynecastle and their turnstiles are far tighter than ours.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar

I saw a Hibs fan do it at Tynecastle. They called a steward over and presumably said their ticket won’t scan and we’re let in.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Stand really close together and push through as a pair. Essentially turning 2 skinny people into one fat person by wrapping arms round each other.

I've seen it done by Hibs fans at Tynecastle and their turnstiles are far tighter than ours.
    I’ve seen it done also, one of the times there were about four stewards the other side who just stood there and watch it happen without saying a word.

@hibs.net private member

Despite the current diet I don’t think I’ll ever manage to do this.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar

Last night it was clear there were far too many people in there. A huge chunk of the lower tier was absolutely rammed with no stairways visible at all. There was nowhere near enough empty seats elsewhere in the stand to explain it as people simply moving to stand next to their mates. The same thing happened when both Rangers and Celtic were in town. A lower tier clearly operating at above the capacity it should.

I've seen it at Hibs away days too. Guys with 1 ticket bundling through the turnstiles in pairs. Surely it's something Hibs need to address though. If there was a fire or a crush or whatever then we would be at least partially liable. We are paying for the services of a stewarding company to supervise the turnstiles, if they are unwilling or unable to do so then they should be seeking assistance from the Police.

I'm no killjoy and I'm not into the whole sanitised football thing. People can stand, sing, shout, make hand gestures and whatever else but if there is an incident and anyone is injured then it's going to cause Hibs major problems.
    I think a lot of them aren't going to their designated seats.

The lower tier at the east side was rammed but the west side was "emptier".

Not doubting that some are getting in without tickets but I'm sure some of them just head to the bit next to our East Stand.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I think a lot of them aren't going to their designated seats.

The lower tier at the east side was rammed but the west side was "emptier".

Not doubting that some are getting in without tickets but I'm sure some of them just head to the bit next to our East Stand.
    It’s been mentioned before with the Huns and Celtic - seems to be more fans in the stand than there is allowed.

Also seems fans try to be at front of the lower close to the East Stand.

Are fans coming down from upper tier to lower ? Or using upper tier tickets to get into lower ? The crowds / queues at back of South before game looked pretty big going by that video posted on another thread.

This is the kind of thing I would hope our fans rep / supporter liaison would feedback and get the police / stewards to sort. Maybe KP can feedback? It’s becoming a creepy thing for the jambos to try get as close as they can to the East Stand.

Usual quiet support from them too - Motherwell fans made more noise in 2 blocks.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 02-02-2022 at 08:10 AM.

There was loads of seats in the west side of the away stand.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Its mentioned on Kickback that someone opened doors inside the South Stand and folk with tickets for the upper all piled into the lower, happens every game involved Hearts, Rangers and Celtic. Hearts fans for some reason all pile into the corner nearest the East. There should be no access to the upper to the lower once you're in and vice versa. Looked dangerous last night yet again.

In fairness the same thing happens at Tynecastle with us, idiots that don't have tickets for the lower section pile in there taking others seats sometimes leading to confrontations. Last time there was someone in my seat at Tynine in the front row of the lower and a steward had to empty 4 or 5 folk from the lower who had tickets way back in the upper.
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 02-02-2022 at 08:41 AM.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    There was loads of seats in the west side of the away stand.
    Yeah this is also true. Maybe they are scared of the West stand folk ?

I've said it before but why are Hearts allowed to corner off the away stand (Roseburn) at the PBS reducing the number of Hibs fans able to attend and we do nothing at ER to stop away fans standing at the front.

Hibs need to do more to sort the away end.

@hibs.net private member
    I think its a bit of an illusion too... meaning that as they all stand for the entirety of the game they tend to spread more than if all seated, so naturally people overflow into the stairways.

Not excusing the fact that there were likely more fans in there than tickets sold, but i think there's less of that than it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Yeah this is also true. Maybe they are scared of the West stand folk ?

I've said it before but why are Hearts allowed to corner off the away stand (Roseburn) at the PBS reducing the number of Hibs fans able to attend and we do nothing at ER to stop away fans standing at the front.

Hibs need to do more to sort the away end.
    Its because the stands are so close to avoid confrontations. No idea why we don't do that because last night the folk in the corner of the South was double what it should be.

I mentioned on another thread the calibre of steward we have is not the brightest they're not going to do anything.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    By the same token, the corner of east looked more packed than you’d expect if everyone is sat/stood by their seat. There was definitely a lot of space to the west of the south lower as others have highlighted above so probably more to do with relocation more so than over capacity. Not denying the two through the turnstile doesn’t happen as it definitely does, but probably only a handful gaining access last night via that method.

Natural place for the young ones to congregate, and I think the games on YouTube when we played Aberdeen at Easter Road early 90’s and the camera was in the main stand. As it panned the ground, the east was packed up to half way line then became more sparse, and the away end had a good crowd in the middle then lots of empty terracing. Up at the segregation fence in corner however - absolutely rammed either side

Away fans were "different gravy" according to Robbie Replay

Genuinely couldn't hear them on Hibs TV. They were silent as we dominated the first half. A bit of noise when they came in to it but for a team sitting comfortably third their fans were pish

Definitely over capacity last night, but nowhere near as much as it has been for recent Rangers visits in particular. My
    seat in FF gives a perfect face on angle to make comparison. Unfortunately the club don't seem remotely interested in addressing the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Definitely over capacity last night, but nowhere near as much as it has been for recent Rangers visits in particular. My
    seat in FF gives a perfect face on angle to make comparison. Unfortunately the club don't seem remotely interested in addressing the issue.

What more can they do? Plenty stewards and police there.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Is it time for pre gate ticket check cordons?

I’ve had that loads of times across the world. (Euros was excessive for the small crowd at Hampden, works perfectly fine at the Principality in Cardiff for the rugby.)

First cordon checks to see that you have a ticket, that then allows you access to the gates.

I know it will cost more but will solve the problem instantly. The away end is custom designed to be cordoned off.

Publicise well in advance that rocking up 5 minutes before KO WILL result in you missing the game.

Have stewards and a decent police presence.

Jobs a good un.

J

Safe standing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Away fans were "different gravy" according to Robbie Replay

Genuinely couldn't hear them on Hibs TV. They were silent as we dominated the first half. A bit of noise when they came in to it but for a team sitting comfortably third their fans were pish
    They started HEA a few times when they were awarded a corner or free kick but didn’t even get to the bit where we take over as went silent after another over hit sh*t ball went in. In all honesty I’ve heard both fans a lot louder in terms of songs at derbies. Their songbook seems to have bled even more every time they come.

Maybe they were quiet through fear of looking like they were celebrating.. as apparently we were ‘celebrating a draw’ again… by applauding our team’s efforts, (same as them).

We were celebrating a draw while they all went home disappointed at not winning… how they know how we went home I’m not sure but it’s all fact.

Frank Doufan couldn't get in through a turnstile so what chance 2 fat jambo bar stewards together?

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Is it time for pre gate ticket check cordons?

I’ve had that loads of times across the world. (Euros was excessive for the small crowd at Hampden, works perfectly fine at the Principality in Cardiff for the rugby.)

First cordon checks to see that you have a ticket, that then allows you access to the gates.

I know it will cost more but will solve the problem instantly. The away end is custom designed to be cordoned off.

Publicise well in advance that rocking up 5 minutes before KO WILL result in you missing the game.

Have stewards and a decent police presence.

Jobs a good un.

J

They are in place at every cat a game including last night out the back of the south