hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha, I’m so confused, I have no idea if he’s been appointed or we’re all just following one daft rumour!!
    It's the Caldwell part that makes me hope you're right

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

I’m just bumping my gums in a non angry, bemused kinda way.

I’ll get over it it if happens.
    Do you not think it sounds like he’s served a half decent apprenticeship… and has earned the chance for someone, somewhere to take a punt on him?

Gray is still very early in his coaching career although not as early as the others you mentioned.

Every appointment is a risk and everyone we’ve been linked with has imperfections.

I like the sound of him - and the more times has gone by I’ve struggled to see anyone of the other names we’ve been linked to as being an obvious step up from Jack Ross.

Ben’s comments earlier today about an attacking philosophy and now what I read about Maloney - all sounds pretty good to me tbh.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Mowbray, Collins and Stubbs were all young managers with no prior experience. They also had the dreaded link to Celtic.

They all did well enough (the much-maligned Collins still won a cup). What's the problem this time around?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Mowbray, Collins and Stubbs were all young managers with no prior experience. They also had the dreaded link to Celtic.

They all did well enough (the much-maligned Collins still won a cup). What's the problem this time around?
    Collins had Tommy Craig , Stubbs had Doolan and Taff, Mowbray had been coaching at club reserves level ….I think the management team is as important as the Head Coach

I'm confused as to what people actually want from a Hibs manager. What makes this such a disastrous appointment?
    The fans want a progressive manager who plays attacking football. Someone who is European or has some European experience and can take us to the next level to compete with Rangers and Celtic.

Assuming it is Maloney......

The club act quickly to recruit a highly regarded young Scottish coach. He has a sound philosophy and belief in the "positional football" favoured by Roberto Martinez and Pep Guardiola. He has a masters from the Johan Cruyff Football Institute and a good few years as assistant manager with Belgium managing some of the best players in Europe. In addition, the Assistant appears to be Gary Caldwell who is working at Man City under Guardiola, a double appointment which appears to have been well though with strategic thinking from the club.

Hibs Fans "Maybe we should just go for McInnes".

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    ^^ If we’re going for untried but with potential I’d have rather stuck with JR.

With that ship having sailed, If we’re going for someone with no managerial experience, then might as well keep it in house and let SDG crack on if he wants to.

Maloney will be like Heckingbottom, absolutely nothing to lose by coming here.

I hate the fact that anyone with such little experience has the audacity to apply for the Hibs gig as if it’s just any old job.

It’s not. It’s one of the top 5 jobs in Scottish football and should be treated as such.

I work in financial services. It would be like me applying for a directors role at Barclays or HSBC.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Collins had Tommy Craig , Stubbs had Doolan and Taff, Mowbray had been coaching at club reserves level ….I think the management team is as important as the Head Coach
    This is a real worry for me. Could do with an experienced coach that is proven. This is also not the type of appointment that usual works mid season

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    BBC Article from a few years ago

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49944760
    Cracking read, it's this type of footballing philosophy that gets the juices going. Having an attack minded coach who appreciates possession and control is something to get excited about, Gerrard had Rangers playing that fluid passing/ attacking football also and Ange at Celtic trying to do the same.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Willing to give Maloney a chance. He seems to have a decent pedigree as a coach, if no management experience (that didn't count against Stubbs and Mowbray).

I'm less keen on Calamity Lego Heid being involved with the Club.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Cracking read, it's this type of footballing philosophy that gets the juices going. Having an attack minded coach who appreciates possession and control is something to get excited about, Gerrard had Rangers playing that fluid passing/ attacking football also and Ange at Celtic trying to do the same.
    Need the quality of player that can do this, although the board have said they have plans in place to support whoever gets the managers job.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

Both Mowbray and Stubbs had extensive experience of club football including managing youth levels.

Collins had destroyed the morale of a cup winning team within 6 months of being appointed. While tactically he was good, his man management was lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Willing to give Maloney a chance. He seems to have a decent pedigree as a coach, if no management experience (that didn't count against Stubbs and Mowbray).

I'm less keen on Calamity Lego Heid being involved with the Club.
    TBF the role is Head Coach, manager's are a thing of the past, he's being brought in to coach the players and do the odd press conference, the buying and selling of players is now done by others.

^^ If we’re going for untried but with potential I’d have rather stuck with JR.

With that ship having sailed, If we’re going for someone with no managerial experience, then might as well keep it in house and let SDG crack on if he wants to.

Maloney will be like Heckingbottom, absolutely nothing to lose by coming here.

I hate the fact that anyone with such little experience has the audacity to apply for the Hibs gig as if it’s just any old job.

It’s not. It’s one of the top 5 jobs in Scottish football and should be treated as such.

I work in financial services. It would be like me applying for a directors role at Barclays or HSBC.
    Its really not though, he is the assistant manager at one of the top international teams in the world. He has done his time as an assistant, and now looking for the next step as ALL managers have to do at some point??

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    Its really not though, he is the assistant manager at one of the top international teams in the world. He has done his time as an assistant, and now looking for the next step as ALL managers have to do at some point??
    As were Thierry Henry and Graeme Jones who both turned out to be quite dreadful as managers in their own right.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Need the quality of player that can do this, although the board have said they have plans in place to support whoever gets the managers job.
    This is my hope, the players we have cannot play a high press/high tempo game, it can't be done over night but if it is Maloney the I expect to see a good few changes, especially in midfield and up front.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    As were Thierry Henry and Graeme Jones who both turned out to be quite dreadful as managers in their own right.
    Aye you have already posted that, and it is still irelevant. The point is, Maloney is qualified to apply for, and get the hibs job, if he does. That was the point. We will have to wait and see if he is success.

Left by mutual consent!
    Caldwell is a big heided donkey. Maloney is meh.

Would rather have given Jack more time. Club obviously looking for young coaches to develop players and sell on instead of experience of building a team to compete.

I'm confused as to what people actually want from a Hibs manager. What makes this such a disastrous appointment?
    I dont think its a disaster as such, or at least not yet, but more of a gamble.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Again, thank goodness we’re not hiring Thierry Henry or Graeme Jones as manager then.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    TBF the role is Head Coach, manager's are a thing of the past, he's being brought in to coach the players and do the odd press conference, the buying and selling of players is now done by others.
    Despite the job title and specifics of who does what, the Head Coach is essentially the manager. A manager does more than recruitment. Being the main man, providing leadership to the players, making tough decisions, being the one who is ultimately responsible and accountable for results is very different to what a coach or even assistant manager/assistant Head Coach is asked to do. Some will be able to transition easily. Some won't.

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Caldwell is a big heided donkey. Maloney is meh.

Would rather have given Jack more time. Club obviously looking for young coaches to develop players and sell on instead of experience of building a team to compete.
    And you know this how? Are you privy to what is said at board meetings or just talking bollocks.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    When does Knudsen start?

A safe pair of hands possibly. Someone with experience tried and tested SPL manager.
    Why should Hibs risk it with some new kid?
    It could all go south damn quick and we'll find us in the Championship again.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I think as I get older and the managers get younger my faith in them to do a good job lessens. How old was Mowbray when he took over?

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by StockholmHibs View Post
    A safe pair of hands possibly. Someone with experience tried and tested SPL manager.
    Why should Hibs risk it with some new kid?
    It could all go south damn quick and we'll find us in the Championship again.
    2014 left some deep scars on here.

Left by mutual consent!
    And you know this how? Are you privy to what is said at board meetings or just talking bollocks.
    What credentials does Maloney bring then?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I think as I get older and the managers get younger my faith in them to do a good job lessens. How old was Mowbray when he took over?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    I'm struggling to see the thinking behind this tbh. An assistant manager with decent experience in International football and a coach with a fairly patchy past in management. Both quite young and inexperienced when it comes to their elective roles. Bit strange when tied in with Jack Ross sacking tbh.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    That was ancient to me at the time

United we stand here....

So has Maloney been appointed or is all this chat conjecture?