hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

The non hysterical case for a new manager

This form is now no longer just a bad run, you could see in the first half that confidence was low. The longer it goes on for, the bigger the task to turn it around.

From 2011-2014, we were in a slump that spiralled and led to our ultimate relegation. We’re in nothing like as bad a situation like the 13-14 season but the general trend for us is that we’re getting weaker. The longer we leave this untreated the more ingrained it becomes in the team.

We don’t seem to be able to put together 90 minutes of consistent football as a rule and although there have been exceptions to this, they’re few and far between.

Commercially we need to give fans some hope to latch onto. The attendances reflect a lack of hope and although attendances for a lot of events are reduced, it’s a bit alarming. We need to invest money in the team and season ticket sales are in danger of being disasterous.

We’ve shown a bit more endeavour recently and if the club want to give him the cup final then fair enough, but it feels like the rot is beginning to set in and we need to look in a new direction. I’ve defended Jack in more emotionally charged arguments over his time here but don’t see how he wins the fans back nor he gets us into Europe.

Thanks Jack - you’re a good guy and I’d like a beer with you, but we need something different going forward.

2. Log in to remove the advert

A sensible and constructive post. I think the vast majority of folk that disagree with you (and I may still be one of those) will have no issue with your case and they way you’ve presented it.

I thought Ross reacted well to the situation today.

We could have been dead and buried after half an hour. He made a proactive change and we were the better side from then on.

I'm still in the camp of not really being that bothered about him staying or going. I'm not sure today pushed me any further towards wanting a change though.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I think it would be a massive own goal if we got rid of Ross. My opinion may change if we are toiling beyond the winter break.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it would be a massive own goal if we got rid of Ross. My opinion may change if we are toiling beyond the winter break.
    We are toiling before the winter break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    We are toiling before the winter break.

I know

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    I think JR has had plenty of time to make his mark at our club. It is time to look at a new HC for our club.

I think people have forgotten what a bad Hibs team is actually like. This isn't it. Very unlucky today.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I think people have forgotten what a bad Hibs team is actually like. This isn't it. Very unlucky today.
    Bad luck is rarely a long term thing, it’s usually a problem that needs resolved.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

I know
    Newsflash - we're in a Cup Final in 2 weeks time.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    If stadium gets any more empty then club won't really have a choice.

I don't think many fans, certainly on here, actually hate Jack Ross. I suppose in fairness to him, club and Ron Gordon keep talking about ambitious plans, already talking about bringing back the infrastructure days by getting an indoor facility at HTC, all while our ST numbers are going down, our attendances are going down, we are on an awful run of form and many people just have a "meh" feeling about Hibs.

I couldn't wait to get back to the football after all the lockdown business. Since the passport business came into play and new Covid concerns combined with our performances, judge me if you will but I've just not been bothered to go along. I've paid my money in the ST, Hibs store, HSL and HibsTV so I think I've done the necessary financial support side of this. Must admit, not solely down to current form, but I'm already questioning whether I renew for next season. I'm sure I won't be the only one.

Club need to stop talking all the positive vibes stuff and actually do something to strengthen our position as a football club. Feels a lot like Farmer and Petrie days - infrastructure and things around the club rather than the players on the pitch.

Club need to step up their game, with Jack Ross or without.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    If stadium gets any more empty then club won't really have a choice.

I don't think many fans, certainly on here, actually hate Jack Ross. I suppose in fairness to him, club and Ron Gordon keep talking about ambitious plans, already talking about bringing back the infrastructure days by getting an indoor facility at HTC, all while our ST numbers are going down, our attendances are going down, we are on an awful run of form and many people just have a "meh" feeling about Hibs.

I couldn't wait to get back to the football after all the lockdown business. Since the passport business came into play and new Covid concerns combined with our performances, judge me if you will but I've just not been bothered to go along. I've paid my money in the ST, Hibs store, HSL and HibsTV so I think I've done the necessary financial support side of this. Must admit, not solely down to current form, but I'm already questioning whether I renew for next season. I'm sure I won't be the only one.

Club need to stop talking all the positive vibes stuff and actually do something to strengthen our position as a football club. Feels a lot like Farmer and Petrie days - infrastructure and things around the club rather than the players on the pitch.

Club need to step up their game, with Jack Ross or without.
    As the OP said this is no longer a bad run of form and those who can’t see it need to take a right hard look at the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire HFC View Post
    Newsflash - we're in a Cup Final in 2 weeks time.
    That's great but the league form is atrocious. There are mitigating circumstances though which is why I've said I'd like to see him get the January window then see how we get on after the break. I have a feeling this could be a season of two halves.

Left by mutual consent!
    You must feel that JR will turn things around then.
    Personally I don't see it but hopefully I'm wrong.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    We had a terrible summer recruitment period which has been acknowledged and we can’t rectify that yet, we have the players we have. Sometimes they let the manager down and sometimes they don’t, the way we set up today wasn’t bad, we created more chances and should have won, the big players we have are missing key chances we create and the defenders are making costly mistakes. Without being able to currently replace anyone in the playing staff not much is going to change.

That's great but the league form is atrocious. There are mitigating circumstances though which is why I've said I'd like to see him get the January window then see how we get on after the break. I have a feeling this could be a season of two halves.
    If we can win the cup and finish 1 place above relegation, then it will have been a great season.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    It’s not a bad Hibs team, it’s not a good or exciting team either IMO. We’ve invested more than most other Hibs teams so expectations should also align with the increased invest IMO.

Left by mutual consent!
    I agree with you regarding the game today but our league form is atrocious and Jack Ross has a huge job on his hands starting with improving our record at ER.

Quite simple now

Ross must go

Although we have a lot of very decent players, we still look like a very poor team. JR does not seem able to gel the team into an inspired unit. We are dull, with the occassional bright spot.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    one win, one draw and six defeats or whatever it is now in the league isnt what a good team is like thats for sure. We should be doing a lot better. Our first half performance against Rangers in the semi a few weeks ago was great, so we know we can play, too many turgid or moderate league performances over the last cuple of months. I'm not Jacks greatest fan, never have been, Im not calling for his head or making a song and dance about it but things need to improve and quickly. Hopefully we'll make a couple of key signings in the January window but that window is nororiously difficult to make good signings in.

I said in October that I felt we were a good while from seriously considering the manager's position. We're significantly closer to that point here in December.

The club have publicly said they didn't back the manager properly in the summer, I'd imagine that buys him until just after January. Unless we continue to drop like a stone before then, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    You must feel that JR will turn things around then.
    Personally I don't see it but hopefully I'm wrong.
    I don't think we're playing badly at the moment but we need to start winning and winning soon. Very unlucky today but I'm getting a bit tired of saying that. Someone on the match day thread mentioned we were well on top and I said that that'll be a Motherwell goal incoming. 2 mins later that happened. It's so predictable. Ross must be pulling his hair out as much as me. It's a results driven business though so it needs to change soon.

@hibs.net private member
    I always felt that JR would eventually have a problem when we started hitting a bad spell of results.

The style of football has never been great, but he's improved us and he win record is impressive.

However, now that results have turned and winter is upon us, I (and it looks like many others) are finding other things to do than get down to ER on a Saturday. I just don't feel a massive affinity with the manager and although I realise this is unfair, I still have a lot of anger at the missed chances for glory last season.

I think he needs a bit more time but lose the cup final, and continue to struggle for the rest of December and I'd be wary about having him still in charge when we will hopefully invest in January.

Blog Entries
    It appears that a vocal minority want JR out immediately. The majority, while disappointed, are willing to stick by him for the foreseeable future. I think RG will stick by him. I honestly think that if we got a new guy in now, we might move upwards but are equally, if not more likely to sink even further. A new manager now would be a gamble. I think we should stick by him and see how things pan out in the second half of the season. If we continue to drift downwards, while I don’t think there is the remotest chance of a relegation struggle, I would support the case for a change for next season.

To the people who want Jack Ross out who do they suggest Hibs bring in?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    It appears that a vocal minority want JR out immediately. The majority, while disappointed, are willing to stick by him for the foreseeable future. I think RG will stick by him. I honestly think that if we got a new guy in now, we might move upwards but are equally, if not more likely to sink even further. A new manager now would be a gamble. I think we should stick by him and see how things pan out in the second half of the season. If we continue to drift downwards, while I don’t think there is the remotest chance of a relegation struggle, I would support the case for a change for next season.
    How have you weighed up "minority" and "majority"? A sizeable number of fans are not turning up to games. Based on our attendances and atmosphere at ER, I think this "vocal minority" are actually not that vocal (unless booing) and are quickly changing their status from "minority" to "majority". More than likely most will be staying at home or finding better things to do. Not turning up and not coming on here or social media platforms to have a go or a debate. Apathy has crept in, quite a few fans are getting to stage of not caring what the club does with regards to JR or otherwise. I wouldn't mistake the apathy and general likeable nature of JR as willingness to stick by him. Willingness to stick by him would surely mean they would turn up to ER?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This sounds familiar

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Quite simple now

Ross must go
    Who do you bring in.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    To the people who want Jack Ross out who do they suggest Hibs bring in?
    I’d use the same thorough recruitment process as the club would use if someone came in for Ross tomorrow or if he was to resign. Failing that I could just list some names, like Alex Neil, without any knowledge of what budget we are working to or how obtainable those names are.