hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aftershave

@hibs.net private member
    Allbeauty.com usually has decent deals

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Currently Lacoste Blanc for everyday and Tom Ford Black Orchid for occasions

Liking Carolina Herrera Bad Boy too
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A timeless classic.

The Reiss one is majestic - I tried to buy recently in Reiss but they had none in stock.

Eccentric Mollecule 02 is my first choice. Not many people know about it and it always gets good comments.
    I’ve had mollecule before, cannae mine if it was 02 or if it’s a different one though. It’s great. As you say, not many folk have it, which is always a plus.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I’ve had mollecule before, cannae mine if it was 02 or if it’s a different one though. It’s great. As you say, not many folk have it, which is always a plus.
    Eccentric Molecule 01 is pretty amazing as well - that's the one that smells different on each person depending on how it reacts and the fragrance disappears and reappears over the course of the day.

Aftershave

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    John Paul Gaultier for me, nothing else.
    It’s always the one that people come up to me snd ask what it is as it’s a nice smell
    I also like Black Code by Armani
    And Chanel Allure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Eccentric Molecule 01 is pretty amazing as well - that's the one that smells different on each person depending on how it reacts and the fragrance disappears and reappears over the course of the day.
    Aye, that’s the one I’ve had. Cheers

Really liked Dior Fahrenheit

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    Really liked Dior Fahrenheit
    Thats a classic, its the one I used all the time when in my teens, I'm due a new aftershave and was thinking of getting that one again

I liked Cerutti 1881 as a youngster, nae point in wearing any at the moment, face masks just become scented!

Apparently Aramis was so good in the 1980s that you were in danger of being molested by Princess Di.

https://perfumesociety.org/wp-conten...s-758x1024.jpg

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Apparently Aramis was so good in the 1980s that you were in danger of being molested by Princess Di.

https://perfumesociety.org/wp-conten...s-758x1024.jpg
    Only if you were Ted Danson when he was in Cheers

Versace Eros. Has been that daily for about 5 years now, could probably do with a change though. Anyone know anything similar?

Picked up a bottle of Halfeti from Penhaligons.

I got a sample after hearing good things and was stopped by 3 different people asking what it was when wearing it so invested in a bottle. Fairly pricey but it is very, very nice. It's unisex in theory but it's definitely more masculine imo.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I got a sample after hearing good things and was stopped by 3 different people asking what it was when wearing it so invested in a bottle. Fairly pricey but it is very, very nice. It's unisex in theory but it's definitely more masculine imo.
    Fairly pricey as in £185 for 100ml fairly pricy?

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    100ml will last an age though but definitely at, and some way over, the upper end of my usual budget.

When you consider some of the Creed fragrances mentioned earlier in the thread are £140+ for 50ml then is seems a wee bit better.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    100ml will last an age though but definitely at, and some way over, the upper end of my usual budget.

When you consider some of the Creed fragrances mentioned earlier in the thread are £140+ for 50ml then is seems a wee bit better.
    All things are relative I suppose

Each to their own I suppose…but it reminds me of the convo I had with her indoors when she found out the cost of my nice new Driver in the golf bag…oh aye it wasn’t cheap darling but you should have seen how much more expensive the other one was that I could have bought

Oddly she was still less than impressed especially when I admitted it will probably make zero difference to my golf! At least you’ll benefit from smelling nice while I still hit that big slice into the rough.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    I also sell Essens stuff. It’s absolutely superb. Just sell it to pals and family so not for profit. Works out around £15 for 50mls. I find the quality and longevity better than the brands. My current favs are Allure Sport, which I’ve worn for years and usually cost £70 and Creed Silver Mountain Water, which would be over a ton a bottle.
    I've seen this Essens stuff on line but how can you tell which fragrance is similar? Big fan of Creed Silver Mountain Water but as you say at £150+ a bottle its not one I use a lot. if i could find similar at a fraction of the cost id be interested to test it out.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    How much! Jeez that or anything near that price will never end up in my bathroom cabinet. I was spoilt for many years when I worked for Jenners by having 100ml tester bottles of virtually any brand I wanted, I still loathe paying full price for any after shave to this day.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 09-02-2022 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    I've seen this Essens stuff on line but how can you tell which fragrance is similar? Big fan of Creed Silver Mountain Water but as you say at £150+ a bottle its not one I use a lot. if i could find similar at a fraction of the cost id be interested to test it out.
    With the Creed aftershaves a lot of what you might call high street brands have similar fragrances.

Davidoff Cool Water isn't massively dissimilar to Green Irish Tweed at about a tenth of the price. For the Silver Mountain Water the Bvlgari pour Homme Soir has a lot of the same notes albeit nothing smells quite like SMW.

I've tried a few of the non branded copies from the likes of the Essence Vault and so on and I've got another one recommended that I need to order from to try. I find them quite hit or miss. Some of them smell very like the originals but don't last as long, others last ages but there isn't the same depth of fragrance and some are very good on both albeit you will pay a bit more than the cheaper copies for that.

I always like to have 1 or 2 really nice bottles for special occasions and as such they last ages. For day to day I mentioned above I use Maurer & Wirtz 4711 Original which is under £20 and is a classic. I also use Paul Smith Extreme which again doesn't break the £20 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    How much! Jeez that or anything near that price will never end up in my bathroom cabinet. I was spoilt for many years when I worked for Jenners by having 100ml tester bottles of virtually any brand I wanted, I still loathe paying full price for any after shave to this day.
    Grow a beard and save a fortune on razors and smelly stuff. 👍🏻🤑

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    I’ll be putting in an order soon. Fire me a message if you want to try a bottle. I personally love it.

@hibs.net private member

I pinched Savoy Steam moisturiser by Penhaligons from the toilet of the Savoy in London when I was in their bar.

In my head it was like stealing a pint glass. I got home and seen it was £40 a bottle and realised I probably shouldn’t go back to the Savoy

Smells outstanding though.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    With the Creed aftershaves a lot of what you might call high street brands have similar fragrances.

Davidoff Cool Water isn't massively dissimilar to Green Irish Tweed at about a tenth of the price. For the Silver Mountain Water the Bvlgari pour Homme Soir has a lot of the same notes albeit nothing smells quite like SMW.

I've tried a few of the non branded copies from the likes of the Essence Vault and so on and I've got another one recommended that I need to order from to try. I find them quite hit or miss. Some of them smell very like the originals but don't last as long, others last ages but there isn't the same depth of fragrance and some are very good on both albeit you will pay a bit more than the cheaper copies for that.

I always like to have 1 or 2 really nice bottles for special occasions and as such they last ages. For day to day I mentioned above I use Maurer & Wirtz 4711 Original which is under £20 and is a classic. I also use Paul Smith Extreme which again doesn't break the £20 mark.
    Thanks re the Bvlgari pour Homme, I will give that a try.

I am normally a big fan of Oud and really like the Tom Ford Oud and use the Bvlgari Man Wood which is very similar to it. The YSL M7 is also a stick on for Tom Ford Oud but only because he created that when he worked for them and its a fraction of the price.