hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same as anything really. When the going gets tough, you see who really supports Hibs, and who just likes a winning Hibs.

Usual excuses like style of play, or boredom, or weather. Na, just support your club. Easy.
    Aye thats why folk like my dad who's been going for around 50 years is struggling to find the motivation to go to games at the moment
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Aye thats why folk like my dad who's been going for around 50 years is struggling to find the motivation to go to games at the moment
    So this is the worst it’s been for 50 years?

3rd last season and made the last 2 cup finals …. when was this the norm?

Weird. My dad is having no problems going. Shouldn't need motivation to support your team. It's your team, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post

Yeah. If this is all it takes for folk to stop, they've definitely not been going 50 years. Duffy, yogi, Williamson, sauzee, calderwood. Butcher. Fenlon, hecky, Miller etc would've had them running for the hills.

Ross is klopp compared to most we've had.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Same as anything really. When the going gets tough, you see who really supports Hibs, and who just likes a winning Hibs.

Usual excuses like style of play, or boredom, or weather. Na, just support your club. Easy.
    We get it mate. You’re a massive massive hibs fan.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    15k was tickets sold not actually bums on seats. So includes any season ticket holder who didnt attend.
    They really need to quote actual attendance

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Weird. My dad is having no problems going. Shouldn't need motivation to support your team. It's your team, that's it.
    “My dads more motivated than your dad”.

Still doesn’t change that we’re losing a fair bit of revenue now.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

nope he's seen worse,

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar

I’ve fluctuated between being a home and away man to rarely attending throughout the years. Now I’m more of a customer, which given that’s how clubs treat fans then it’s not all that unreasonable. I’ve other things competing with Hibs these days, the main one being a young family, so it’s my time Hibs are really competing for. I no longer feel a duty to attend Hibs games. I care less about the result nowadays but how enjoyable I find the 90 minutes. I’ve not enjoyed many games the last few seasons regardless of the result and don’t think there’s anything wrong in other activities beginning to edge out an afternoon at Easter Road.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

Still doesn’t change that we’re losing a fair bit of revenue now.
    Yes, where would we be without the uber fans

nope he's seen worse,
    He’s seen a heck of a lot worse and a lot more boring.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    What’s most concerning is we no longer have a club changing thing like breaking the Scottish cup hoodoo to drive season ticket sales. A cup win would have some benefit but nowhere near 2016.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Eveyone is different, happy for you that your dad is a better supporter than my dad
    Last edited by SteveHFC; 04-12-2021 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I’ve fluctuated between being a home and away man to rarely attending throughout the years. Now I’m more of a customer, which given that’s how clubs treat fans then it’s not all that unreasonable. I’ve other things competing with Hibs these days, the main one being a young family, so it’s my time Hibs are really competing for. I no longer feel a duty to attend Hibs games. I care less about the result nowadays but how enjoyable I find the 90 minutes. I’ve not enjoyed many games the last few seasons regardless of the result and don’t think there’s anything wrong in other activities beginning to edge out an afternoon at Easter Road.
    Na you aren’t allowed to do anything else but hibs or you’ll lose your hibs supporter badge

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Yeah it’s coming through loud and clear that people don’t need much of a reason not to turn up and some seem quite proud of that. That’s absolutely fine, but it’s why we get mocked so often by the fans of other teams. If you have a big fan base but get very small crowds then we can’t claim to have brilliant fanatical fans. The truth is it’s hard to think of a more fickle fan base in the country. It’s always been the same. Things have been far worse than this on the pitch in the past 30/40 years so if people can’t stomach it now it explains our 4-6000 crowds in the really bad times.

Say what you want about clubs like Motherwell, Dundee, Dundee Utd etc but the size of their crowds is always pretty consistent and they have far smaller fan bases.
    Had to laugh today when Well fans started singing 'what a *****y home support'. Obviously sang in jest but shouldn't really be something that Motherwell fans should be able to sing at ER.

Home at 23.30 bad weather, train delays and well it's a day at the football.

Live the dream.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    Had to laugh today when Well fans started singing 'what a *****y home support'. Obviously sang in jest but shouldn't really be something that Motherwell fans should be able to sing at ER.
    Not sure it was in jest tbh!

Motherwell fans have a great connection with their players and the club in general. There’s not many of them, but I’ve seen a few videos this season from the end of their games where they all actually stay in the ground and clap and sing for the players who give them a bit of appreciation back. Another thing we’re missing at the moment and probably why their players are performing as well as they are.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    I'm bored watching the same players, playing the same way every week.

We always start at a pedestrian pace at ER, none of the players seem fired up for it and the fans appear to feel the same.

We need freshened up. We need some character in the squad and an identity.

We're just so meh / bland / beige.

We don't even get many folk going radge on here after defeats anymore, we just kinda collectively shrug our shoulders and wait for the next game.
    This 100%

Same team. Same system. Same approach to games. It’s just all frankly dull and little surprise folk stay away especially with the weather. There is very little flair or character about the team.

Pragmatic set up and approach to games and hope Boyle and Nisbet have a couple of good moments.

JDH and Newell both crab footballers. No one running beyond. No one capable of scoring from 25 yards. Just same old same old get it to Boyle and hope.

Busy hectic schedule and there will be little rotation as his favourites continue to play every week. Scott Allan / Murphy subbed on 65/70mins every week when the games crying out for abit of spark. Same subs manager makes , and every soo often one of them pull him out the fire only to be benched next again week to watch JDH and Newell play 2 yard passes to one another.

I’m beginning to lose patience

Eveyone is different, happy for you that your dad is a better supporter than my dad
    My point is, it's not really some mental thing to say, not some grand statement because there are many many more still going.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    Sorry I misread your post, I was one of the diehards back then and I wouldn't say the atmosphere was toxic at all, not compared to the fans of today that's for sure.
    Agree I was a diehard then to. Even during the horrendous runs against Hearts the fans got behind the team. We were down to real fans then.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar

Aye that’s exactly what it is. Me and my group of pals who’ve had season tickets and never missed a game through what we’ll call the ‘widlerness and bang average pish of 07-11 from Collins to Calderwood’ be it home and away, then through Fenlon and Butcher, and relegation til we finally got back up, then Heckingbottom, still never missed a game, there is my old man that endured all that and some, who still hardly never missed a game home or away but still persevered from the late 70s to early 90s and on and on, yet all of a sudden this is the season he chose not to renew his season ticket? OK

Aye it’s our fault. It’s garbage and you know it.

I have read some absolutely garbage over the years on here - and admittedly posted more than my fair share of it - but loyal Hibs supporters who have had enough of below average and boring guff being part of the problem takes the pish
    Last edited by .Sean.; 04-12-2021 at 11:07 PM.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Yeah. If this is all it takes for folk to stop, they've definitely not been going 50 years. Duffy, yogi, Williamson, sauzee, calderwood. Butcher. Fenlon, hecky, Miller etc would've had them running for the hills.

Ross is klopp compared to most we've had.
    Ross is Klopp. You certainly can’t expect to be taken seriously by anyone after that statement. Enjoy your night Jack

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Aye that’s exactly what it is. Me and my group of pals who’ve had season tickets and never missed a game through what we’ll call the ‘widlerness and bang average pish of 07-11 from Collins to Calderwood’ be it home and away, then through Fenlon and Butcher, and relegation til we finally got back up, then Heckingbottom, still never missed a game, there is my old man that endured all that and some, who still hardly never missed a game home or away but still persevered from the late 70s to early 90s and on and on, yet all of a sudden this is the season he chose not to renew his season ticket? Get yourself so far to 🤣

Aye it’s our fault. It’s garbage and you know it.
    Seems to me like priorities likely changed, because its laughable to suggest we're worse now than then. This Hibs team is worth supporting

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    Ross is Klopp. You certainly can’t expect to be taken seriously by anyone after that statement. Enjoy your night Jack
    Try reading the rest pal

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Seems to me like priorities likely changed, because its laughable to suggest we're worse now than then. This Hibs team is worth supporting
    Maybe poorer teams have been easier to support due to character and desire?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

To you it is. Clearly there are plenty who don’t share that view. It’s not as if it’s just a really vocal minority that don’t seem to enjoy it now.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    To you it is. Clearly there are plenty who don’t share that view. It’s not as if it’s just a really vocal minority that don’t seem to enjoy it now.
    It is, though. That's exactly what it is.

Yeah, I remember watching Calderwood lose every week thinking man, we're loaded with character and desire.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Correct.

Said to my mates when the game was kicking off it was sad to see easter road so empty on a Saturday at 3pm on a match day

Something along those lines IMO.

I couldn’t believe how happy some folk were after the Rangers game on Wednesday merely because we’d competed. We pretty much did nothing of note, offensively, but the fact we were tracking runners and competing was some form of positive when, to me, it’s just the minimum requirement. It’s not the kind of football that’s going to entice people back.