Livingston (A)
    St Mirren (A)
    Dundee (H)
    Celtic (N)
    Aberdeen (H)
    Dundee Utd (A)
    Celtic (A)
    Hearts (H)

A fairly tough run especially near the end, and potentially career-defining for Ross as far as his tenure at Hibs are concerned.

For me, personally, a win at Hampden will put any doubts to bed, and likewise if we lose the derby I'll find it hard to support him long-term. I'm probably one of Ross' biggest fans on here as it stands, but defeats to them at home are unacceptable, and he's already managed one.
    Last edited by Diclonius; 04-12-2021 at 05:34 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Aberdeen games at home BTW.

Busy schedule but the most important one is Livingston this midweek. Can’t look too far ahead but really need to be taking full points from next three if we class ourselves as a top 4 club. Feels like we are a bit away from those standards right now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eight games coming up before the winter break, all half a week apart:
    Livingston (A)
    St Mirren (A)
    Dundee (H)
    Celtic (N)
    Aberdeen (A)
    Dundee Utd (A)
    Celtic (A)
    Hearts (H)

A fairly tough run especially near the end, and potentially career-defining for Ross as far as his tenure at Hibs are concerned.

For me, personally, a win at Hampden will put any doubts to bed, and likewise if we lose the derby I'll find it hard to support him long-term. I'm probably one of Ross' biggest fans on here as it stands, but defeats to them at home are unacceptable, and he's already managed one.
    On current form, we’d be doing well to pick up 5 from 21.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Eight games coming up before the winter break, all half a week apart:
    Livingston (A)
    St Mirren (A)
    Dundee (H)
    Celtic (N)
    Aberdeen (A)
    Dundee Utd (A)
    Celtic (A)
    Hearts (H)

What will you do if we win the cup AND lose to hearts?

Coaching Staff
    Need Doidge back in the side and Magennis and Murphy to overcome their ‘McGeouchitis’ 😷

The football first half today was as poor as I’ve seen in decades. Small squad, no depth or real quality, hampered by incredibly poor recruitment.

The team lacks character and personality on the pitch. I’m not exaggerating when I say this squad needs another winger, striker, creative midfielder and right back. Don’t think we’ll see that happening in January though, hopes will be pinned on Tait and Meuller and neither have me overly enthused but time will tell.

Our midfield at times look like they’re wearing lead boots. Not one player willing to drive, dribble, take men on. Needs a Latapy type player in there to get folk off their seat - uncovering a rough diamond like that is not easy, but we need a creative dynamo in that area.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    Spontaneously combust.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    If we win the cup I'll probably still be p****d and wont notice the hearts defeat

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    That run after the final is not easy, but I genuinely believe we are not far off turning back in to a team that competes at the top end of the league. The performance today was mixed but we had 2 chances off the line and hit the bar, against Rangers we were a touch away from having the ball in the net (Goldson clearance), St Johnstone a couple of disallowed goals that are ambiguous at best, even against Ross county we hit the post.

I know people don’t like this phrase, but it really is fine margins that are costing us points. We need more bodies to be able to change influence games. By all accounts Ross changes formation today and we looked the better team thereafter.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member
    9 points and a cup win in the next 2 and a bit weeks will see us going into those 4 tough games on a high.

Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post
    9 points and a cup win in the next 2 and a bit weeks will see us going into those 4 tough games on a high.
    I did say during the week that for me 10 points would be a minimum for the next four fixtures coming up. So far we have 1 so would be nice for 9 in the next three.

Funny,that was my first thought as well.

Hibs win cup: All doubts put to bed

Hbs then get beat by Hearts: Changed my mind, he can gtf

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Funny,that was my first thought as well.

Hibs win cup: All doubts put to bed

Hbs then get beat by Hearts: Changed my mind, he can gtf

There are people out there that will think that.

I genuinely think there is a section of Hibs support that cannot be won over by Jack Ross, so entrenched are their opinions that he’s dull, his team is dull and the football is dull. Even with a cup win.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    There are people out there that will think that.

I genuinely think there is a section of Hibs support that cannot be won over by Jack Ross, so entrenched are their opinions that he’s dull, his team is dull and the football is dull. Even with a cup win.
    It appears there are thousands with that opinion. Them not turning up because of it is a real worry

That isn’t their opinion by accident either. Whilst I don’t think we’re eye bleeding, some of the stuff yesterday particularly in the 1st half had me questioning why I’d bothered. We were beyond sloppy. 2nd half was an improvement and we should’ve won the game but didn’t
    Last edited by Stuart93; 05-12-2021 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    It appears there are thousands with that opinion. Them not turning up because of it is a real worry

That isn’t their opinion by accident either. Whilst I don’t think we’re eye bleeding, some of the stuff yesterday particularly in the 1st half had me questioning why I’d bothered. We were beyond sloppy. 2nd half was an improvement and we should’ve won the game but didn’t
    I don’t disagree with that at all, but I think there will be a proportion of those people that stayed away yesterday because of weather and COVID as well. I do think we need to improve style, with players like Magennis coming back in that will happen.

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I don’t disagree with that at all, but I think there will be a proportion of those people that stayed away yesterday because of weather and COVID as well. I do think we need to improve style, with players like Magennis coming back in that will happen.
    I’d have agreed with that but our attendances haven’t been great for a while now. I don’t think yesterday is an outlier

Yep we do, definitely missing magennis. We have no choice but to spend in January to save our season or we face a lot more empty home games next season