hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was no where near as bad as you are indicating. Their best chances came from individual errors on our part.

Which chance? I can remember 5 or 6 of their chances 1st half.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Bad luck is rarely a long term thing, it’s usually a problem that needs resolved.
    Totally agree.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    I’d still keep Ross and believe he deserves the January window to get the reinforcements in and see if he can take us forward from there.

Unfortunately outside of our cup run things feel a bit grim just now and our league targets are slipping week by week. If results were to continue like this beyond the January window into Feb/March then I would be looking to part company at the end of the season.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    Which chance? I can remember 5 or 6 of their chances 1st half.
    The biggest one that springs to mind was when McGinn played the boy through for a one on one.

Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    Whether the players stopped playing for Ross or not is irrelevant. The similarities between the 2 seasons are clear. We’re on our worst run of form since that season. If you think JR can turn it around fair enough but I’ve a sinking feeling in my stomach that says you’re wrong (people saying we’re too good to get relegated have short memories. I don’t think we will tbf but it’s bottom 6 for us this season).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nah it’s not. Likelihood is we won’t be bottom six this time next weekend. I’m very confident we won’t be by the end of the season, and talk of relegation or Terry Butcher is daft.

The biggest one that springs to mind was when McGinn played the boy through for a one on one.
    One thing that jumps out was mcginns last ditch tackle in the box during the first half.. As good a tackle as ur likely to see in modern football.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    We just humped the league champions and reached another final, there are mitigating circumstances to our league form. We've had a brutal run of injuries and bad luck, sometimes a season has to be written off and start afresh.
    Ask anyone who has ever managed a team and they'll tell you no different.
    What bad luck have we had?

One thing that jumps out was mcginns last ditch tackle in the box during the first half.. As good a tackle as ur likely to see in modern football.
    Which came from a Hanlon mistake. Motherwell didn't create much, more we make mistakes. Hibs definitely created the better chances, and could've scored a few in the 2nd half.

Motherwell fans at Waverley felt we battered them a bit 2nd half.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Which came from a Hanlon mistake. Motherwell didn't create much, more we make mistakes. Hibs definitely created the better chances, and could've scored a few in the 2nd half.

Nah it was boring, and jack ross needs to go

Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    What bad luck have we had?
    Doidge injury the biggest but I’ll chuck in Magennis too. Covid outbreak. I was going to chuck in poor refereeing decisions not going in our favour but it’s supposed to even itself out. I’m still waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I like him too.
    Who would you have as manager?

I’m sure that was from a Hanlon mistake tho.

Im not disagreeing with you about the mistakes or about the 2nd half , far from it. What im saying is that we were really poor first half , struggled to get going and thought we lacked any real drive or tempo to our play. We were lucky that motherwell didnt take advantage with their many chances before we scored.

My opinion is that this has been the case in the vast majority of our home league games this season , we struggle to get going and seem overly cautious, rubbish to watch to be perfectly honest and its not as if we are picking up the points playing this way. Something majorly wrong in the way the players are being coached and set up to play because this is almost every home game we are talking about

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    I think people have forgotten what a bad Hibs team is actually like. This isn't it. Very unlucky today.
    Unlucky? We could have been four down inside 30 minutes and couldn't have had any real complaints.

I’m sure that was from a Hanlon mistake tho.
    Yeah it was , i wasn’t referencing it to how poor we were playing.. I was just saying how good a tackle it was ..

Yeah it was , i wasn’t referencing it to how poor we were playing.. I was just saying how good a tackle it was ..

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Unlucky? We could have been four down inside 30 minutes and couldn't have had any real complaints.
    No chance. They had a few chances of our creating. Doig had a free header yards out. Nisbet had a header blocked. We scored a great goal. Motherwell had a few shots at our goalie and wide.

We hit the bar, and had 2 off the line. 4 down ffs, behave. We could've scored at least 3 second half if that's your logic.

The writing is on the wall, his teams are boring to watch and he is risk averse . Was sacked from Sunderland for that very reason.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Well the thread started out as "the non hysterical case for a new manager" A noble and novel idea.

Predictably turned into my opinion is right and yours is wrong. Good debate is give and take. If you dont like that idea FO

Quote Originally Posted by marleyhib View Post
    The writing is on the wall, his teams are boring to watch and he is risk averse . Was sacked from Sunderland for that very reason.
    Yeah, Doyle hayes and newall off for Allan and Murphy, boring and risk averse

No chance. They had a few chances of our creating. Doig had a free header yards out. Nisbet had a header blocked. We scored a great goal. Motherwell had a few shots at our goalie and wide.

We hit the bar, and had 2 off the line. 4 down ffs, behave. We could've scored at least 3 second half if that's your logic.

I think the point he is making is that the game could easily have already been lost before we had even got started. We cant go on this way and expect to pick up points. Its been the same all season. Games versus motherwell , dundee utd , st johnstone, st mirren off the top off my head have been the same and thats not including the first half against celtic and possibly the huns

@hibs.net private member
    How did that work for them ?

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    If stadium gets any more empty then club won't really have a choice.

I don't think many fans, certainly on here, actually hate Jack Ross. I suppose in fairness to him, club and Ron Gordon keep talking about ambitious plans, already talking about bringing back the infrastructure days by getting an indoor facility at HTC, all while our ST numbers are going down, our attendances are going down, we are on an awful run of form and many people just have a "meh" feeling about Hibs.

I couldn't wait to get back to the football after all the lockdown business. Since the passport business came into play and new Covid concerns combined with our performances, judge me if you will but I've just not been bothered to go along. I've paid my money in the ST, Hibs store, HSL and HibsTV so I think I've done the necessary financial support side of this. Must admit, not solely down to current form, but I'm already questioning whether I renew for next season. I'm sure I won't be the only one.

Club need to stop talking all the positive vibes stuff and actually do something to strengthen our position as a football club. Feels a lot like Farmer and Petrie days - infrastructure and things around the club rather than the players on the pitch.

Club need to step up their game, with Jack Ross or without.
    Where’s the money going to come from? Unlike Hearts and Aberdeen we don’t have 4 and 5 million donations to play with. In all the time I have been supporting Hibs we have never had an individual or otherwise willing to throw spare cash at our team. I have come to accept that and just enjoy watching football without too much expectation. Today for example was a cracking game of football with both teams hell bent on winning. Hibs will continue to be inconsistent as they always have been but there are always some great surprises along the way. The semi final was one of these occasions.

Today was anything but boring.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Inconsequential View Post
    Here we go. Change the manager, let's go again, hire and fire. The way it's always been done at Hibs. Why keep doing the same things and expect different results? Pay compensation to the former employee, pay compensation to the new employee's club. Less money for new players, have a clear out and start again. I am sick of that carry-on. Why not stick for once and see what happens. Things can change quickly in football the club could be cup winners in a couple of weeks. Persevere.
    Refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by inglisavhibs View Post
    Where’s the money going to come from? Unlike Hearts and Aberdeen we don’t have 4 and 5 million donations to play with. In all the time I have been supporting Hibs we have never had an individual or otherwise willing to throw spare cash at our team. I have come to accept that and just enjoy watching football without too much expectation. Today for example was a cracking game of football with both teams hell bent on winning. Hibs will continue to be inconsistent as they always have been but there are always some great surprises along the way. The semi final was one of these occasions.
    Ron Gordon shouldn't have made a rod for his back then by saying when he came in that he wanted the club to eventually challenge for the league. That's an ambition that chimes with mine, as I would love to see the club win the league at least once in my lifetime.

I read that as someone who wasn't going to inure to the club to mediocrity and who maybe, just maybe had a bit of spark and ambition about him. If there's no "expectation" at Easter Road, what's the point then?

I'm sincerely not trying to pick your post apart, but I really think that a Capital city club, with the fanbase that we have shouldn't really settle for a cup win once every twenty years and the odd sojourn into Europe once every 5 seasons either; problem is though is that successive managers haven't been set much in the way of lofty goals in the past 20 years, and I get the impression the current incumbent is another one in a long line who thinks he's doing us a favour by being our manager.

Testimonial Due
    JDH and Newell in midfield is a hard watch at times.

Main tactic seems to be hope for moments in every match for Boyle and Nisbet to do damage. The current system and approach is fine for big games like rangers in semi or Celtic in a final were you need to be resolute and play off moments. But not at home to most teams in the league. He really needs to let the handbrake off and stop picking the same 11 every week and mix it up abit

It’s becoming borderline just insulting for guys Scott Allan now were they get watch conservative football from guys like JDH and Newell and then get thrown on for 5/10mins every week and asked to take the pressure off him and save his job. I’m just getting abit bored now. A lot of games coming up and there’s a high chance he will just choose the same team again today despite voicing his thoughts on the amount of games.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    I think Steve Kean was brought in for this reason, I like JR but think he will be gone soon.
    Nah. Jack Ross was very instrumental in bringing Kean in. Talk about hiring your own executioner.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Nah. Jack Ross was very instrumental in bringing Kean in. Talk about hiring your own executioner.
    I can’t buy the theory that Kean will be the replacement (I realise that wasn’t your point ) …his managerial record makes Levein look like Pep ….his last gig was as assistant to Grant Brebner

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    one win, one draw and six defeats or whatever it is now in the league isnt what a good team is like thats for sure. We should be doing a lot better. Our first half performance against Rangers in the semi a few weeks ago was great, so we know we can play, too many turgid or moderate league performances over the last cuple of months. I'm not Jacks greatest fan, never have been, Im not calling for his head or making a song and dance about it but things need to improve and quickly. Hopefully we'll make a couple of key signings in the January window but that window is nororiously difficult to make good signings in.

It’s very poor form no doubt.

To be fair to Jack, key injuries have really hurt us. With Doidge and Magennis we’d have a few more wins on the board.