hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Display

Left by mutual consent!

Display

Hats off to the guys who organised this and hopefully there are many more to come but I think you need to up your game a bit after that effort.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Hopefully a learning curve, the effort was great, just a shame the stand was 3/4s full.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member
    Hats off but it ‘up your game’! Eh? The only problem was 1/3 of the east stand was missing, they can’t control that. Looking forward to your positive contribution to the atmosphere, what you got planned?

Probably not wise to organise a display just now except against Hearts.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hats off but it ‘up your game’! Eh? The only problem was 1/3 of the east stand was missing, they can’t control that. Looking forward to your positive contribution to the atmosphere, what you got planned?
    I think you maybe need to calm down.

First of all from the pics I’ve seen, it looked pretty much full were the display was, however I could well be wrong about that.
    Second of all I’m the first to congratulate when they pull off a display and there’s been plenty over the last few years!
    However I’m also allowed to be a little critical as way of feedback. In no way was this a piss take.
    It just didn’t look upto the high standards as of previous displays in my opinion.
    I

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    I think you maybe need to calm down.

First of all from the pics I’ve seen, it looked pretty much full were the display was, however I could well be wrong about that.
    Second of all I’m the first to congratulate when they pull off a display and there’s been plenty over the last few years!
    However I’m also allowed to be a little critical as way of feedback. In no way was this a piss take.
    It just didn’t look upto the high standards as of previous displays in my opinion.
    I
    There were loads of empty seats. Nothing wrong with the display, just lack of bodies to carry it off.

@hibs.net private member
    They don't do anything for me but my daughter likes them. Different strokes and all that. From an impact point of view it would have worked so much better with one solid colour of green and the white flags on the white seats with the display basically mirroring the seating or the opposite of the seating. It looked like you were trying to be too clever and have the HFC split half and half green and white. It may have looked good on a PC screen but it never worked. Hope you keep trying as my daughter certainly appreciates your efforts and when done well they can look pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    They don't do anything for me but my daughter likes them. Different strokes and all that. From an impact point of view it would have worked so much better with one solid colour of green and the white flags on the white seats with the display basically mirroring the seating or the opposite of the seating. It looked like you were trying to be too clever and have the HFC split half and half green and white. It may have looked good on a PC screen but it never worked. Hope you keep trying as my daughter certainly appreciates your efforts and when done well they can look pretty good.
    This 100%, only issue was all the flags needed to be white not half green.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    There were loads of empty seats. Nothing wrong with the display, just lack of bodies to carry it off.
    From the pics I’ve seen it looked like a poor display and had nothing to do with numbers.
    Seats in that area look pretty much full.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    From the pics I’ve seen it looked like a poor display and had nothing to do with numbers.
    Seats in that area look pretty much full.
    It’s the fact that the lettering is half green on white and half white on green. So when the two colours meet at the “F” it looks like there’s people missing when it’s actually just the colours mixing. If it was all green on white or white on green it would’ve looked fine IMO.

The banner at the bottom was good, seems to have been missed by most

Appreciate the time and effort that goes in to these things but the only full houses we'll get this season will be against Hearts. Hopefully do something for those games

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    It’s the fact that the lettering is half green on white and half white on green. So when the two colours meet at the “F” it looks like there’s people missing when it’s actually just the colours mixing. If it was all green on white or white on green it would’ve looked fine IMO.
    Yeah spot on,, nothing against the lads trying it but would have looked much better if it had just matched the colours of the seats