hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fezziwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lot of people think he is. He's already achieved much more than Jason Cummings.
    I'll happily eat humble pie if he proves me wrong, but he won't.

Was more referring to Cummings being a flop down south.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Maybe we could have a running value on the old scoreboard, goes up when he scores goes down when he misses!

Coaching Staff
    He seems happy there but I wouldn't be averse to bidding for Tony Watt in the window. Seems to have matured on the pitch last two seasons and a great character off the field.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...-star-25608798

usual stirring it up from the Daily Ranger.

How much would you take ?

Poll over on we are Hibs FB page if you want to get involved too

https://www.facebook.com/groups/WeAreHibs
    Each to their own but does this level of biting not simply encourage them? I won’t click through on either - you talk about them stirring it up and you’re simply adding to it. Cue a link to your poll citing whatever mad conclusions folks will draw from a bogus online poll (aren’t they all Boaty McBoat-face?)

Will We are Hibs stop at nothing as long as it draws attention or will you stop facilitating the tabloids?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    He seems happy there but I wouldn't be averse to bidding for Tony Watt in the window. Seems to have matured on the pitch last two seasons and a great character off the field.
    Nor I. I’ve watched a few well games on the tv this season and he’s matured into a very handy player. Today underlined that. Great finish midweek and that wasn’t a shabby one today either.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    He's looking lot better again and far more involved in the play. Something was definitely up in the games before the semi. I think he is a good player but doesn't have enough of one ability (strength, skill or pace) to go that much further in the game. He's probably a better all round player than Doidge but Doidge's strength and ability in the air probably make him more important to Hibs.

If he could really knuckle down then he has the potential to be a very good Hibs player. If I was a Celtic fan though, I would be setting my sights higher.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Totally agree. I would add he hasn't really improved any aspect of his game over his 18 months here. I just can't see the old firm or an english championship team being interested.

I can't see Celtic being interested. Not at the price some are suggesting.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I think Kev will do well when he moves on. I see him playing in the English Championship where he will improve with good coaching an better players around him. He'll win a few more caps for Scotland and make himself a handsome living. Dont think he'll move to another Scottish Club myself.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Appeared to? You implied he’d put in a few good performances cos we’ve got a cup final coming up and the transfer windows about to open…and says he’d get the petted lip again if he didn’t get a move in January.

You were slaughtering him, no “appeared” about it.
    I was actually trying to be balanced about it - not just focussing on his negatives but acknowledging his positives.

The boy can take a chance. He’s scored a few goals, for us and for other teams and his scoring record (at times) is such that other teams should show interest in him. There are weaknesses in his game though, weaknesses that I don’t see being improved upon drastically - and weaknesses that I don’t see clubs like Celtic paying £3m for and turning a blind eye to.

Why is he inconsistent? Why is anyone inconsistent? I’m not convinced in Nisbet’s case that it is necessarily ability, nor do I think it is the fault of the players around him.

I’m not convinced he is as rounded a player as we’d like him to be and I don’t think he’s as mentally robust as we’d like him to be.

Is it that unreasonable for a player to raise his game in the run up to a transfer window with a view to winning a move that might never on the table in future? Is it that unreasonable for a player to go through the motions at other times?

He’s human, and I’ll have a critical fan’s view on him that may be unfair.

Or maybe accurate.

Been a big critic of his work ethic over the last few months - what a difference to see him involved , great goal too.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    I was his biggest fan and his ardent defender on here but like others I feel he has been a major disappointment this season

Hoping he can kick on in the next four weeks with some decent performances to put more zeros onto his value

My preference would be for him to stay but based on what I have seen so far this season he can go at the first acceptable offer as I don’t think he really wants to be here
    You think ? Been obvious for months he’d rather be somewhere other than at Hibs. Anyone coming close to £3m can have him, plus the taxi ride. Nisbet would not get away with the kind of performances he regularly puts out for Hibs.

We’d be better off with the money and wage to bring in someone with some hunger.

One million dollars.

It's been obvious for months he's had no striker to play alongside him, and no striker to replace him when he's needed a rest. The chat about him having a poor attitude, lack of desire or poor work rate is pure fantasy.

Apparently Kevin couldn't care less, Martin's a diver and Ryan is a brutal thug. I expect that kind of garbage from huns and jambos. Not Hibs fans.

It's been obvious for months he's had no striker to play alongside him, and no striker to replace him when he's needed a rest. The chat about him having a poor attitude, lack of desire or poor work rate is pure fantasy.

Apparently Kevin couldn't care less, Martin's a diver and Ryan is a brutal thug. I expect that kind of garbage from huns and jambos. Not Hibs fans.
    Regarding the last bit - I think even the biggest Kevin Nisbet fan would struggle to support his work rate before the international break. I don’t know what it was, if he was carrying an injury or something, but he was miles off what I expected from him.

He wasn’t closing down, there was no intensity in his play on or off the ball and he wasn’t making it difficult for the opposition.

Since we’ve came back though it’s been night and day and there’s a huge difference which funnily enough has seen him score twice. He’s also getting a lot of chances again which he just wasn’t getting before.

Kevin’s a good player, he could become a very good player if he sticks to those levels and does it consistently.

100% agree. Our failings this season are down to a very poor summer transfer window, when we've not recruited enough quality players. It's clear that we've played players who were not 100% fit.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    £3m?

I’d bite their hand off.

We’ll probably see some good stuff from Nisbet this month - with a cup final and a transfer window coming up - but if the next window closed with him still at Easter Road it would be back to petted lip and playing like we were a man down.

Anything north of £1m I’d be biting the hand off tbh.
    Getting back what we paid for him would be a good deal.

Anyone expecting 7 figures for him is utterly deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post

Now you are just being daft for the sake of it. Scotland international now and we would be lucky to get back what we paid?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Now you are just being daft for the sake of it. Scotland international now and we would be lucky to get back what we paid?
    He’s a Scotland international because the alternatives are rotten.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    He’s a Scotland international because the alternatives are rotten.
    Do you honestly think steve clarke would pick players just because other players are "rotten"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldot View Post
    Do you honestly think steve clarke would pick players just because other players are "rotten"
    He picks from what’s available, just like every other manager.

He kept picking McBurnie, enough said.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar

Utter nonsense 😂

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    He kept picking McBurnie, enough said.
    And then dropped him when he wasnt performing, enough said

@hibs.net private member

I’m assuming you are just showing out with this post - to underline your point

If you mean it , on the other hand, your grasp of football ability and values would seem the equivalent of Craig Levein’s grasp of how to win cups and leagues ….

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Utter nonsense 😂
    I’d be delighted to be proved wrong on this but you can bookmark that. We’ll not get anywhere 7 figures. Absolutely no chance.

I’d be delighted to be proved wrong on this but you can bookmark that. We’ll not get anywhere 7 figures. Absolutely no chance.
    So you think we will get less than a million for someone with a good few years left on his contract, has scored 6 goals so far for club and country despite not not being in form for part of that, and is still a current international player(despite what you think of his selection) if the club dont get 7 figures then id be amazed

Blog Entries
    So you think we will get less than a million for someone with a good few years left on his contract, has scored 6 goals so far for club and country despite not not being in form for part of that, and is still a current international player(despite what you think of his selection) if the club dont get 7 figures then id be amazed
    6 goals you say. I stand corrected. 😂

6 goals you say. I stand corrected. 😂
    Plenty of time left in the season to score more, folk are raving about tony watt just now yet he has only scored 4 more(i think). Morelos at the rangers has only scored about 4 or 5 more also and is apparently worth millions

I must be utterly deluded.
    I think you are talking nonsense but heyho

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    I can't see Celtic being interested. Not at the price some are suggesting.
    I'd be amazed. I think Nisbet has found his level. An English Championship team might take a punt.