hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most of us rate him higher then some of us. The doubters are very much in the minority.
    Some weeks minority, others perhaps a majority. It’s all performance based really. I just don’t feel there’s the same buzz around him this season compared to last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

We'd be in a stronger position to sell Nisbet if we'd done our business properly over the summer and signed another striker.

I think we should be looking to cash in on Nisbet soon but it's more of a risk now that we must sign his replacement in the same window as we sell him.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    He’s played well against Rangers a couple of times in recent weeks - Davie Provan will have watched those games and will be basing Daily Record articles on those performances. He won’t have seen many of the games that have seen us pick up one league win in a few months.

Unfortunately for us clubs will scout players fully and will know that there’s a good bit of rough to go with the smooth.

Turning up in the big games can at least get your name spoken about though.
    Yep, totally agree with that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    The thing about him which can be favourable for us is he appears these days to be much higher rated across Scotland compared to what most of us here, who have the opportunity to watch him every week see and think. Going by this season at least anyway.

That's a good point and why some on here were surprised he was called up in the latest Scotland squad.

Smartie is not wrong in his post either with a Cup Final and transfer window on the horizon that we could see improved performances from him. The world of modern day footballers sadly.

If a club offered £3m in June for him I'd gladly take it.

Find it a bit strange that Doidge has had far more plaudits and support than our best striker by many on here for the last few months, when all he’s kicked is an opponent’s ghoullies.

(And that’s not intended as an attack on a Christian, who I obviously know has been injured..)

Having said that, I think 3 million wouldn’t be an unfair price should it come at the right time and suit all parties.
    Last edited by WeeRussell; 04-12-2021 at 11:23 AM.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Just to clarify - this is Davy Provan saying Celtic should sign Nisbet?

Nisbet was poor on Wednesday night, should have scored with his left foot when put through...poor decision making

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'd take £3M for him, in the summer.

It would make him second only to Scott Brown in the list of record fees between Scottish clubs and value him, initially at least, higher than John McGinn.

We aren't going to get much more for him. He'll be 25 by the time the summer window comes around, he's not some untried rookie. There's a ceiling all players reach and he isn't going to get that much better.
    This and i think he s in real danger of losing his place in the Scotland squad to Tony watt AS things are panning out this season i hope ime wrong tho

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    They’ve already got the Doig one out the way. Sure it was Charlie Nicholas.
    Celtic News has already had an article on signing
    Boyler. Red tops will no doubt pick up on these just to fill their papers. I am sure we on here will people on here who will be able to come out with the banner headlines before the papers do. AUSSIE ANGE ADMIRES AUSSIE BOYLE etc.

£3m?

I’d bite their hand off.

We’ll probably see some good stuff from Nisbet this month - with a cup final and a transfer window coming up - but if the next window closed with him still at Easter Road it would be back to petted lip and playing like we were a man down.

Anything north of £1m I’d be biting the hand off tbh.

Nail, hit, head. Really hope someone,anyone, offers £3m be mugs not to take it.

Just watching the West Ham - Chelsea game and you can hear the murmurings from the crowd when the ball goes up to Antonio and he does nothing with it, giving the ball away easily. I suppose he's disinterested as well.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Just watching the West Ham - Chelsea game and you can hear the murmurings from the crowd when the ball goes up to Antonio and he does nothing with it, giving the ball away easily. I suppose he's disinterested as well.
    He didn’t bother to mark Thiago Silva for the goal either. Clearly got a petted lip.

He hasn't played like £3m player, I think if Hibs get offered £1.5m plus a % of next sale, they might do a deal.

Ha, I trust most at Easter Road will have a bit more managerial experience of football teams and I trust them to do what's best for the club and the player, they will not be playing at football manager, making up hypothetical selling figures. Which although just opinions is no different to that offered by the weegie rag or the other poor newspapers on offer these days.
    The guy is a Hibs player and a very good one at that, one that I hope we manage to keep for as long as possible.

Gamer IDs

Create chances and he’ll score

I thought he started poorly today, constantly giving away possession, getting outmuscled and his touch was poor. He was much better in the second half of the first half though and he took his goal really well. Hopefully that'll do his confidence the world of good.

£3 million and he'll be off to Celtic. The money is decent and the club will be aware that he's likely to take the hump and his form drop off if it was rejected.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Not sure why he feels the need to try and nutmeg every single defender.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    £4m now.
    And back to £3m.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Create chances and he’ll score
    Apart from the easiest chance of the game!! Thought he played well apart from that

@hibs.net private member
    He's looking lot better again and far more involved in the play. Something was definitely up in the games before the semi. I think he is a good player but doesn't have enough of one ability (strength, skill or pace) to go that much further in the game. He's probably a better all round player than Doidge but Doidge's strength and ability in the air probably make him more important to Hibs.

If he could really knuckle down then he has the potential to be a very good Hibs player. If I was a Celtic fan though, I would be setting my sights higher.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    I thought he started poorly today, constantly giving away possession, getting outmuscled and his touch was poor. He was much better in the second half of the first half though and he took his goal really well. Hopefully that'll do his confidence the world of good.
    Agree, thought he started dreadfully but grew into it. Great finish for the goal but definitely should’ve had two if not a hat trick.

He will go eventually but think his heart is set on English football, much more money than the biscuit tin rattlers will offer.

Nisbet is never good enough to do well in England. He no doubt thinks he is but I'll tell you right now with 100% confidence that he'll be Jason Cummings 2.0 if he goes down there.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Aldot View Post
    Apart from the easiest chance of the game!! Thought he played well apart from that
    We created chances and he scored. I certainly didn’t say he’ll score them all. No striker does.

Tony Watt’s header in the first half was an absolute sitter, he scored later on.

Having appeared to have slaughtered him earlier on in this thread - I don’t think it’s necessarily so much that he’s a bad player but that he doesn’t really fit into the way we play - and that he’s not good enough to build a team around.

We created a chance, he took it, which is great. But I don’t think he offers us enough to be even thinking about turning down £3m offers for.

Gamer IDs

Having appeared to have slaughtered him earlier on in this thread - I don’t think it’s necessarily so much that he’s a bad player but that he doesn’t really fit into the way we play - and that he’s not good enough to build a team around.

We created a chance, he took it, which is great. But I don’t think he offers us enough to be even thinking about turning down £3m offers for.
    Appeared to? You implied he’d put in a few good performances cos we’ve got a cup final coming up and the transfer windows about to open…and says he’d get the petted lip again if he didn’t get a move in January.

You were slaughtering him, no “appeared” about it.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

I don’t think he offers enough without the ball. He doesn’t chase or worry defenders too often and they have all the time in the world to stroll about. If he could just play on the shoulder of defenders just like his goal today instead of dropping deep he’d bag a lot more and we would be winning more games. Even when Doidge came on you know he’s winning headers and flicking them on. Nisbet should be feeding off that. Instead he’s behind instead of in level and running if it or anticipating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Nisbet is never good enough to do well in England. He no doubt thinks he is but I'll tell you right now with 100% confidence that he'll be Jason Cummings 2.0 if he goes down there.
    A lot of people think he is. He's already achieved much more than Jason Cummings.