hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you Jack

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

Thank you Jack

I knew this may seem hypocritical seeing as how I was wanting him gone, but with the pandemic this must have been the most difficult time to transform a football team and he got us third. He did so with grace and a personal classiness.

There have been some very good times which I’ll fondly remember from his time at the club and although it was defo time for both parties to move on I hope his next step is a success.

Thanks Jack.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    The Horgan derby. The Boyle derby.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Thanks for everything Jack. Really sad at this.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Gutted for him, would have at least given him the final. Even if we'd lost it would have been a chance at going out in a blaze of glory.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Thank you Jack - seemed a good guy and think there is a very good manager in there. The recruitment shambles in the summer seems to have really hampered us and sorry it has ended this way. Would have waited for the final personally. At least all the boo boys will 🤫🤫🤫

Agreed. Felt he should have been given more time to turn it around but this is modern football for you.

Left by mutual consent!
    History will show if this is the correct decision, history will also show Jack done a good job for the club.

Thank you.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Horgan derby was under Hecky.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    The Horgan derby was Heckingbottom wasn’t it?

There were plenty positives from his time here and they shouldn't be whitewashed.

I think the biggest issue was that when we had an off day, we really had an off day. The latest run of form would have any fanbase and any board getting twitchy. The modern football world is so cut throat and so reliant on various commercial income streams that you just don't get a lot of time. Sacking him is a risk but giving him money to spend in January on the back of this run and the general trajectory we are on is equally so.

I never once had any personal dislike of Ross and that's not something I can say about some of his predecessors. He came across well, was evidently respectful and passionate about Hibs and the job he had and he performed well in that job for a long spell. I think I can grudgingly accept the club have made the right decision but there is no pleasure in it. I was delighted when we sacked someone like Calderwood, I feel a bit melancholy about this.

We move on to the next man and I'm sure JR will have no trouble finding work when he is ready. I hope whatever he does works out well for him.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    The Horgan derby was Heckingbottom wasn’t it?
    Yep and the Boyle derby was actually quite a poor performance but hearts were even worse. Did well to get us 3rd though.

I was never a huge fan but I'd quite sad about this. I thought he spoke well last night. Let down badly by the players.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    All the best Jack.

Shame to see it ending like this but P9 W1 D1 L7 in the league you can't be too surprised.

Feel a bit sorry for him as recruitment always looked like it could come back to bite us we could see it at the time.

No song and dance from me that he's leaving, personally thought the chants of GTF were out of order. Has a good win % as Hibs manager. But It's the right time for a change now.

Thanks for the great clobber. Tbh the white gutties was the start of the end Jack. Best wishes.

It's all ended very sad. The players that he's stuck by so fiercely, simply let him down badly. All the best.

Really saddened by this. I really liked Jack Ross but even i thought his time was over after last night. The players need to take a long ****ing look at themselves though.

Jack conducted himself with dignity throughout, and maybe with a couple of breaks could have been a long term success. Not to be. Some very good memories in there and I wish him well.

First Team Breakthrough
    I'm sad too he's gone but not surprised after last nights second half performance. My son said it was the worst he had seen hibs play in many a year.
    All the best Jack for the future. You were badly let down by the players

Agreed, thank you Jack. Think he was severely let down in the summer transfer window on recruitment which has let us down massively, we need to make sure this does not happen again.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Gutted for him, would have at least given him the final. Even if we'd lost it would have been a chance at going out in a blaze of glory.
    Waiting until the Final may have kept him in the job longer than we need at this point.

I was a fan of Ross' but the games since the Rangers semi were too much to keep him...

Fresh start now, and hopefully reinvigorate the players in the lead up to the final.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Incredible to think it was only a few weeks ago we were celebrating at Hampden after a brilliant win. Don't know whether the right or wrong decision but the home attendances and performances would have rocked the executives in the club. Just hope there is a viable plan in place already for his replacement as need someone in quick imo. Liked the way he spoke and he really seemed to like being our boss however his record had many highs and also many low points. Probably best for all concerned including Jack himself and thank him for his efforts for our great club.

Conducted himself with grace and dignity throughout his time at our club.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Conducted himself with grace and dignity throughout his time at our club.
    Spot on. This is sad news really. Some of the players need a look at themselves as well

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Is this the thread where everyone who has been shouting for him to be sacked come on and make themselves feel better?

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Is this the thread where everyone who has been shouting for him to be sacked come on and make themselves feel better?
    There’s always one.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Thought he'd at least get until the cup final. Could have left after that game if we'd won with a legacy.

But football is a results based business, can turn quickly, and if you only get 4 points from 27 then any manager would be under severe pressure.

He goes with my best wishes and memories of the Boyle wins against Hearts & Rangers and a first 3rd place finish in 16 years

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    A likeable person and had his successes no doubt, but ultimately the correct decision.

Relied far too much on 1 player to provide a cutting edge (Boyle). That led to awful football which drove the fans away and poor form.

Basically, you stop Boyle and Hibs don't win.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Best win rate in the top league of any manager since the 60s.

Probably the right call after our recent run but wish him all the best

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Very sad to see him go, but seemed inevitable after the last nine games - and last night in particular.

His record on paper is very good, and wouldn't be surprised to see him employed again in the SPL this season - and do well.

Thanks Jack, crazy how quickly it unraveled, and hard not to think that a better summer could have seen things turn out very differently.

Good luck wherever you end up.

Whatever you think of him, he has been one of the better managers in the last 20 years all things considered.