hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

How much for nisbet ?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...-star-25608798

usual stirring it up from the Daily Ranger.

How much would you take ?

Poll over on we are Hibs FB page if you want to get involved too

https://www.facebook.com/groups/WeAreHibs

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    £3.5m plus 20% sell on fee

Edit: If he was on form I'd be looking for £5m plus 20%

£3m?

I’d bite their hand off.

We’ll probably see some good stuff from Nisbet this month - with a cup final and a transfer window coming up - but if the next window closed with him still at Easter Road it would be back to petted lip and playing like we were a man down.

Anything north of £1m I’d be biting the hand off tbh.

I’m stunned. It’s almost like they’re publishing unsettling stories in the run up to a big game with one of the uglies, I’ve never seen this tactic before

@hibs.net private member
    I don't want to sell him this season. Wait till after the World Cup a year from now.

Some on here would have taken fifty quid a couple of weeks ago.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    I was his biggest fan and his ardent defender on here but like others I feel he has been a major disappointment this season

Hoping he can kick on in the next four weeks with some decent performances to put more zeros onto his value

My preference would be for him to stay but based on what I have seen so far this season he can go at the first acceptable offer as I don’t think he really wants to be here

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    £3m?

I’d bite their hand off.

We’ll probably see some good stuff from Nisbet this month - with a cup final and a transfer window coming up - but if the next window closed with him still at Easter Road it would be back to petted lip and playing like we were a man down.

Anything north of £1m I’d be biting the hand off tbh.
    Absolute rubbish. How about supporting one of our players instead of constantly running him down.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Absolute rubbish. How about supporting one of our players instead of constantly running him down.

I think the story is probably just the standard weegie press before a big game for one of them against us. That said, I'm certain Nisbet would score plenty goals for Celtc. They create so many chances. He's well out of form, but we're barely creating anything for him. He's proven he can score at this level and internationally.

He's a good player, and I'm glad we have him.

Jesus, some on here can't see a good player when we have one.

When he was off form, so was Boyle and Doidge was injured. So he lacked service and support.

He is the only one we have who is regularly in the Scotland squad. A squad that is as near to a World Cup in over 20 years.

Appreciate him and enjoy him while he is here. I've seen some forward players at Hibs in the last 10 years nowhere near the class Nisbet is in.

Value....£3m with a 20% sell on fee.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post

I think the story is probably just the standard weegie press before a big game for one of them against us. That said, I'm certain Nisbet would score plenty goals for Celtc. They create so many chances. He's well out of form, but we're barely creating anything for him. He's proven he can score at this level and internationally.

He's a good player, and I'm glad we have him.
    So if we arent creating that much then how come boyle is scoring as much, sometimes players need to create their own chances, that being said nisbet has looked sharper lately and i wouldnt be trying to keep hold of him in january

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Aldot View Post
    So if we arent creating that much then how come boyle is scoring as much, sometimes players need to create their own chances, that being said nisbet has looked sharper lately and i wouldnt be trying to keep hold of him in january
    But Nisbet is nothing like Boyle. There's no point comparing them. Different kind of attacking players.

But Nisbet is nothing like Boyle. There's no point comparing them.
    Both were playing up front so quite easy to compare, one was scoring, taking responsibility, creating chances, one wasnt at that time, again he looks sharper but this not creating chances for him chat is nonsense

But Nisbet is nothing like Boyle. There's no point comparing them. Different kind of attacking players.

TBH, if Nisbet is worth £3M, then you could argue that Boyle must be worth double that.

He's scored a decent amount of goals as a midfielder and you can see how much he worries other sides by the number of players they often use to close him down.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Aldot View Post
    Both were playing up front so quite easy to compare, one was scoring, taking responsibility, creating chances, one wasnt at that time, again he looks sharper but this not creating chances for him chat is nonsense
    You're wrong.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    You're wrong.
    Not sure he is. He’s missed a good few chances of late that he should be scoring if he’s got a value of millions.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Not sure he is. He’s missed a good few chances of late that he should be scoring if he’s got a value of millions.
    All strikers miss chances. I saw Aubameyang hit the post with an open goal from about 4 yards out against Newcastle last week. What's his value?

You're wrong.
    Nope dont think i am, but if you think we havent been creating chances for him then fair enough

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    TBH, if Nisbet is worth £3M, then you could argue that Boyle must be worth double that.

He's scored a decent amount of goals as a midfielder and you can see how much he worries other sides by the number of players they often use to close him down.
    I couldn't even put a price on Boyle. Whatever it would be wouldn't be enough, we couldn't replace him.

Agree with some of the comments on here - the boy is a very good footballer, but has struggled this season due to the lack of support, lack of fitness and possibly a lack of confidence. This has spawned the "not interested" guff.

He's improved year on year, albeit not (yet) this year. He's a Scotland internationalist, played three games in a major tournament and appears to be on the watchlist of a number of clubs. Yet some on here want to knock him at every opportunity with the sly digs.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Agree with some of the comments on here - the boy is a very good footballer, but has struggled this season due to the lack of support, lack of fitness and possibly a lack of confidence. This has spawned the "not interested" guff.

He's improved year on year, albeit not (yet) this year. He's a Scotland internationalist, played three games in a major tournament and appears to be on the watchlist of a number of clubs. Yet some on here want to knock him at every opportunity with the sly digs.
    I'm not seeing any sly digs, i'm seeing valid critisicm of him.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I'm not seeing any sly digs, i'm seeing valid critisicm of him.
    Dunno, I'd say Smarties post is a bit of a sly dig. That's the only one though.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post

He had a rapid ascent up to about November last year. Since then he has regressed or stood still. With a rapid ascent, you could argue that it was always going to happen somewhere, at some point. He might be able to kick on and be stronger for the experience but that would depend on him being happy where he was and I just never get the feeling he is happy at Hibs.

I don't think he fits into the way the manager wants to play and his body language is often dreadful. We can pick what - on paper - looks like a solid looking team and it just doesn't go out and perform - and I reckon the majority of our troubles have come from Nisbet being unable to play that role.

What I say isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference to him but if we're talking about figures like £3m - I reckon we could get a whole lot more with a sum of that size than have a striker who can't play centrally in a 3 and blows as hot and cold as he does.

The thing about him which can be favourable for us is he appears these days to be much higher rated across Scotland compared to what most of us here, who have the opportunity to watch him every week see and think. Going by this season at least anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd take £3M for him, in the summer.

It would make him second only to Scott Brown in the list of record fees between Scottish clubs and value him, initially at least, higher than John McGinn.

We aren't going to get much more for him. He'll be 25 by the time the summer window comes around, he's not some untried rookie. There's a ceiling all players reach and he isn't going to get that much better.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Next story will be about Boyle, then Porto, then Doig happens all time. Hope Nisbet gets back on the goalscoring trail. Doidge returning might just be the catalyst. £3m is a starting bid if he gets back to scoring.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Next story will be about Boyle, then Porto, then Doig happens all time. Hope Nisbet gets back on the goalscoring trail. Doidge returning might just be the catalyst. £3m is a starting bid if he gets back to scoring.
    They’ve already got the Doig one out the way. Sure it was Charlie Nicholas.

Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    The thing about him which can be favourable for us is he appears these days to be much higher rated across Scotland compared to what most of us here, who have the opportunity to watch him every week see and think. Going by this season at least anyway.

Most of us rate him higher then some of us. The doubters are very much in the minority.

We shouldn’t be entertaining any bids for KN in January. This looks like some lazy story off the back of Provan’s personal views. Highly doubtfull we’d be able to replace him in January so how much cash we got doesn’t really help us imo at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post

He’s played well against Rangers a couple of times in recent weeks - Davie Provan will have watched those games and will be basing Daily Record articles on those performances. He won’t have seen many of the games that have seen us pick up one league win in a few months.

Unfortunately for us clubs will scout players fully and will know that there’s a good bit of rough to go with the smooth.

Turning up in the big games can at least get your name spoken about though.