hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look, as the first sentence of my original post said I realise its not the most important thing in the world so I'm hardly getting in a state about it. Some people seem to be getting themselves in a state about some mild criticism of our media output.

I feel it's worthy of discussion as it reflects on the club - I can understand why some people wouldn't care either way and if people don't agree fair enough.

Re the tweet there's a comment from a Hibs fan pointing out it was a mistake to use that picture, which got more likes than the original tweet. There have been a few tweets recently that have been ideal for opposition fans taking the mickey.

I'm not losing any sleep over any of it - just feel it could be better judged at times

Agree, dunno why you’re getting such a hard time.

The Twitter pic is crap, there’s no getting away from it, and it deserves ridicule by opposing fans.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post
    Agree with LaMotta in principal. Not that I care too much but you can praise the club for having much more media content and a greater presence across social media all whilst thinking they've put out a few I'll judged posts and a slightly iffy statement.

Everyone laps it up when Budge or Sevco write a poor statement. Folk pick holes in everything that's said. It's always one way or another with some folk in here with no room for anything in between.

In the interests of balance I'm in favour of the classic Motherwell Dad joke Hibs have tweeted this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I think that for this job, in this situation, it is very helpful if the people involved are Hibs supporters. Possibly just short of absolutely essential.

There’s nuance involved - technical skill and knowledge is fine but “the ability to read a room” is probably key, and that probably comes best from a background in that occupation coupled with years of hard graft reading, talking, learning about and supporting our club.
    I think that's what's missing sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Agree, dunno why you’re getting such a hard time.

The Twitter pic is crap, there’s no getting away from it, and it deserves ridicule by opposing fans.

Hibs forum to discuss all things Hibs, guy starts a conversation surrounding a Hibs matter, imagine the shock. Anyway, staying on topic…

maybe it’s a generation thing. Myself and others of a younger age group might well stay more in tune with the social media side of the club than those older than us. Not saying that’s the overall consensus, just a suggestion. Having a background in communication might enhance my scrutiny a tad more too. In regards to our current social media performance I think it’s fairly representative of where the club and team on the pitch find themselves to be. Hit what you may call a peak a few seasons ago. Overhaul has clearly been implemented, some new exciting ideas have been shown but I think there’s a lot of room for improvement to still come. The OP isn’t the only one to find some posts recently a bit strange, and completely understand and agree with the point of the Tifo picture. Without opening a can of worms (really) I think the posts after the Duke of Edinburgh’s death were both very unnecessary and very very ill judged. With the old team and Kenny M it was pleasant to feel in sync for most of the time with the club’s online profile. A lot of the time now it doesn’t hit quite the same.

And please, it’s just opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    Hibs forum to discuss all things Hibs, guy starts a conversation surrounding a Hibs matter, imagine the shock. Anyway, staying on topic…

maybe it’s a generation thing. Myself and others of a younger age group might well stay more in tune with the social media side of the club than those older than us. Not saying that’s the overall consensus, just a suggestion. Having a background in communication might enhance my scrutiny a tad more too. In regards to our current social media performance I think it’s fairly representative of where the club and team on the pitch find themselves to be. Hit what you may call a peak a few seasons ago. Overhaul has clearly been implemented, some new exciting ideas have been shown but I think there’s a lot of room for improvement to still come. The OP isn’t the only one to find some posts recently a bit strange, and completely understand and agree with the point of the Tifo picture. Without opening a can of worms (really) I think the posts after the Duke of Edinburgh’s death were both very unnecessary and very very ill judged. With the old team and Kenny M it was pleasant to feel in sync for most of the time with the club’s online profile. A lot of the time now it doesn’t hit quite the same.

Thought Kenny Millar (if I’m thinking of the right guy) was great at the social media stuff. He obviously knew the club and the fanbase very well. Was a shame to see him leave.

Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post

You've explained that better than I did - 100% agree with the last couple of sentences, and I think that's a good analogy in relation to the on pitch performances.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    I think the stuff they are getting right far outweighs the ill judged stuff. The statements put out by the rangers & hearts was a regular stream of consciousness, pomposity & open for ridicule, no idea what the rest of their media output was like...could be great.
    That's fair and I agree. I think it's more a case of some of the questionable posts and content has been fairly recent and folk are a little concerned that it's making us look a little silly. Pointing that out and making sure we get things right will alleviate those concerns.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

In the interests of balance I'm in favour of the classic Motherwell Dad joke Hibs have tweeted this morning.
    I thought it was amusing too...............and yet, there are some people who have replied in a less positive way.

I guess thats the nature of running social media, you cant please everyone all the time

Shan comment.
    I haven’t seen someone use the word ‘shan’ since the 90’s

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Thought Kenny Millar (if I’m thinking of the right guy) was great at the social media stuff. He obviously knew the club and the fanbase very well. Was a shame to see him leave.
    Kenny was great, big loss.

When I first started following hibs on Twitter (must’ve been around 2014) there wasn’t as much emphasis on “fan relations”. They used to tweet any important (I stress that word) news during the week and then literally tweet updates from the game on match day.

That was it, and that was fine for me, I get that it’s more focussed on younger Hibs fans now and more fan-oriented but, personally, I don’t need 500 tweets midweek about how Martin Boyle has had his second dump of the day or Drey Wright is scared of the dark.

Am I miserable? 100%

Hibs media output

I think the media output is ok & social media is vastly improved , what I did notice at the rangers game was the buzz around the screens had gone ? It seemed to be the same adverts and content

The team line ups for example were just put up like a static power point, all very boring, compare that to the team line ups being announced at hampden and the content on the screens there I’m not asking for a light show or anything (however I do think they are smart) I just think we could do more to get a buzz around the place for games

Last edited by dp00; 04-12-2021 at 12:07 PM.

Livingston Twitter have just absolutely mugged off Hibs Twitter. Ewan Cameron now getting pelters. Got to love Scottish football.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Livingston Twitter have just absolutely mugged off Hibs Twitter. Ewan Cameron now getting pelters. Got to love Scottish football.
    Sometimes I'm glad that I'm old and haven't a clue what comments like this mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Sometimes I'm glad that I'm old and haven't a clue what comments like this mean.
    That field next to the M8 where there isn’t anything have just insulted Hibernian football club on that Facebook phone thing

First Team Regular
    Sometimes I’m glad I’m old and couldn’t care less about these comments.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shan comment.
    Why is this any more of a shan comment (which I don't think it is btw) than your original post?

You have a problem, the poster told you if it bothered you that much to speak to them.

Isn't that how complaints are meant to be resolved?

Methinks, you thought you would come on here and jump on a bandwagon and get some fanboy posts agreeing with you and didn't like it much when you were called out.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Why is this any more of a shan comment (which I don't think it is btw) than your original post?

You have a problem, the poster told you if it bothered you that much to speak to them.

Isn't that how complaints are meant to be resolved?

Methinks, you thought you would come on here and jump on a bandwagon and get some fanboy posts agreeing with you and didn't like it much when you were called out.
    Jesus Christ what a weird response. Your last paragraph is hilarious!

I mean I've only pointed out several times on this thread that it's not a major issue of importance and that I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I'm hardly going to "complain" to the club. It's not a complaint its some mild criticism of our media output.

It's actually amazing how many people can't read things properly.

In all seriousness though, in case you hadn't noticed this is a Hibs messageboard for fans to post opinions about things related to the club. You don't get to choose what those opinions are but you can ignore threads if they don't interest you.

And you know what - quite a few people actually agree with me.

Ps the poster I responded to likes to dish out the "shan comment" response to others, so it was a wee silly dig about a comment which brought nothing to the thread
    Last edited by LaMotta; 04-12-2021 at 06:48 PM.

Totally agree. The PR and social media output from Hibs has been amateur at best recently… Seriously needs sorting out.

It's always been like this on here. Every time someone has a gripe about Hibs media output they get slaughtered, no matter how sensibly they make their point. I remember commenting about Hibs main banner headline in the official site back in Stuart Crowther's regime having "Hibernian" spelt wrongly. Jumped upon on here as usual, "who cares, it's trivial" "have you nothing better to do" etc. etc. The Newell statement is just dreadful, how it wasn't checked I have no idea.

It's always been like this on here. Every time someone has a gripe about Hibs media output they get slaughtered, no matter how sensibly they make their point. I remember commenting about Hibs main banner headline in the official site back in Stuart Crowther's regime having "Hibernian" spelt wrongly. Jumped upon on here as usual, "who cares, it's trivial" "have you nothing better to do" etc. etc. The Newell statement is just dreadful, how it wasn't checked I have no idea.
    Did you have something better to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fezziwig View Post
    Did you have something better to do?
    Than moan about our official site's main banner heading saying "HIBERNAIN"? Nope

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyFantastic View Post
    Totally agree. The PR and social media output from Hibs has been amateur at best recently… Seriously needs sorting out.
    Careful- you'll get accused of jumping on a bandwagon and being a fanboy

Than moan about our official site's main banner heading saying "HIBERNAIN"? Nope
    That's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fezziwig View Post
    That's a shame.
    Thanks for that valuable input on the thread, it's much appreciated by all

You seem to have recovered from being slaughtered for slaughtering someone. That's the main thing.

Some people are acting with a level of fury and defensiveness as if their own kids are being slagged off

Some people are acting with a level of fury and defensiveness as if their own kids are being slagged off
    Utterly bizarre. I'm even more confused than usual on here!