hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exuberance1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don’t know if it is just me, and if it is fair enough. But the way we are playing and the general style of play hasn’t got me buzzing to get up on Saturdays and get to the games.

That’s not to say there hasn’t been really good moments in certain games, but I feel like we are always just falling short somehow or we aren’t having a proper go at teams the way I feel Hibs teams should and not having enough shots on goal etc.

As I said, it might just be me, and I am not wanting to moan here, more looking for others feelings and thoughts and if I’m well of the mark, to be put in my place and a rocket up my a**e 😂

What’s the positives?
    So many trolling. You not got a game to watch tonight.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Was thinking exactly same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    Every time I read another unhappy post in another thread moaning about the manager and/or the style of play, I can't help but think... : thank **** there was no social media in Alex Miller's day. The internet would have broken.
    Funny, whenever I read the negative posts about Ross it always makes me think about Miller. For all the boring football, Miller turned us from relegation fodder into a side that won a cup and got into Europe. So, Mr Ross, if your looking in I would like to say thanks for getting us out of the relegation fight, thanks for Europe.....but if you ever want to be an Alex Miller we would like the League Cup please.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    I take it your happy with our style off play or are you being sarcastic.
    ( best form of wit by the way).

Have you watched us play since the break?

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    I’m looking forward to Saturday. Expect it to be a good contest and a decent game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    I have been guilty myself of posting how boring the football can be under Ross and it would be impossible to play like man city or Liverpool every weekend but we have played some good stuff this season.

Played some decent stuff at Motherwell first game of the season and then we blew away both Ross County and Livingston at home (which we should be doing)

Battled away at tyncastle and then Ibrox where it looked to To good to be true at 0-1 how well the season had gone so far.

No doubt we put in some stinkers later on but no one can accuse the manager or the players for not responding and starting to buckle up, last night was disappointing not to take anything but let's get behind the boys Saturday.
    Yeah this is fair, I was more thinking, is it just me that feels this way?! I’m not one to moan about Hibs frequently. Good performance on Saturday and it’s happy days again.

Missing Doidge and looking forward to Mueller coming in

Every time I read another unhappy post in another thread moaning about the manager and/or the style of play, I can't help but think... : thank **** there was no social media in Alex Miller's day. The internet would have broken.
    Would love to see social feedback on some of the game I went to early eighties struggling against teams like East Stirlingshire, Stirling and Berwick. Then again, hardly anyone went to the games. Still had a laugh though

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Massively disappointing however unsurprising that you can’t have an opinion or even ask for opinions without some people calling you a troll because they feel differently…such is life, I suppose.

Given the state of things and the experience of the last few years. I'd say lack of motivation isn't just related to the style of football being played by Hibs (which I think is pretty good). Is for me anyway. Languishing is the term I've heard that felt right. For me, the football is a positive outlet regardless of the results or the quality of play. Everyone is different though of course

A shocking end to the window coupled with injuries to important players in Doidge and Magennis

With Mueller joined by hopefully 3 quality signings we'll see us playing football similar to the start of the season and what we've seen since our wee break (exc County away)

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Have you watched us play since the break?
    If I hadn’t seen us play since the break then I wouldn’t have made a comment.

got to agree I’m no looking forward to Saturday. Our style of play is boring and slow. Last night was more intensity but it will be back to pass square back square side ways then dunt it forward into channel. We need a result Saturday or pitchforks will be out.
    I think this is a lazy narrative as it’s not how we play at all. If anything I’d take us being a bit more direct into a channel at times

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    I think this is a lazy narrative as it’s not how we play at all. If anything I’d take us being a bit more direct into a channel at times
    just shows that some fans are happy with our style off play and all I’m saying most of it is boring imo.

@hibs.net private member
    Bertie Auld and Bobby Williamson too. By contrast, there are plenty of examples where this current team have been a joy to watch but never for a whole match. One day we’ll click for 90 mins and some side will get it tight. I may be in a minority on here but I do like what Jack Ross is developing at Hibs

Nothing at all wrong with our football since the break. Some people have very short memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    I’m looking forward to Saturday. Expect it to be a good contest and a decent game.

I am also looking forward to attend a rare Saturday game (if I can throw off the lurgy).

Lunch/drinks with family and friends, off to game, win, draw or lose (though prefer to win) analysis in Hibs Club/bar afterwards.

My perfect day out.

Alex Miller won us a trophy and was not as negative as some people think. I can tell you that some of the stuff played under Jack Ross makes Alex Millers style of play look swashbuckling.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Alex Miller won us a trophy and was not as negative as some people think. I can tell you that some of the stuff played under Jack Ross makes Alex Millers style of play look swashbuckling.
    I reckon Alex Miller's 93/94 team wipes the floor with this current team.

@hibs.net private member
    Maybe my memory is failing but that’s not what I recall. Alex Miller was dull with a capital D.
    Jack Ross’ sided are way more progressive. However, it’s when teams come and put 10 behind the ball the present side struggles to find an answer. So maybe you’re right. Miller’s side would have done that

First Team Breakthrough
    There'll be a launch mob after me for saying this, but I tend to agree with the OP. The semi was a great result, and a great defensive effort, but hardly a thrilling Hibs performance (we basically spent the entire second half defending heroically and then giving the ball away). I've got a ST and go to all the home games out of loyalty and habit, but I can't say I spend the morning pre-match excitedly looking forward to a scintillating afternoon's entertainment, because we just haven't had that for a long time. I really really really hate to say it, but looking at the Jambos 5-2 win over the Arabs, I couldn't help thinking what a great game it must have been for that shower, and wishing we could have some of that again ourselves.
    Nights like the 6-2 seem a long way off. Maybe like the OP I'm just getting too old for it. But from this thread it seems there are a fair few who feel the same, and I do worry that attendances will suffer. Wednesday was a case in point - far too many empty seats for what should be a big event.

I’m looking forward to the game tomorrow.

Motherwell got a good result midweek and will be a tough game but we really need to win to close the gap above us.

Many fans say we are boring to watch but few explain what they would change to make us more exciting. Play Scott Allan more often ? Sign more creative players ? Be more direct ?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    I’m looking forward to the game tomorrow.

Motherwell got a good result midweek and will be a tough game but we really need to win to close the gap above us.

Many fans say we are boring to watch but few explain what they would change to make us more exciting. Play Scott Allan more often ? Sign more creative players ? Be more direct ?
    How about some more attempts at goal playing at home instead off playing safe all the time.

Alex Miller was awful.

How about some more attempts at goal playing at home instead off playing safe all the time.
    I think this is a fair point and comes down to creativity and someone from midfield who can shoot from distance.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    The owners have the business model all wrong

Improve the product on the park and I will pay the going rate

No way am I paying £30-35 to watch that crock of ****

Oh and before anyone asks yes I do have my ticket for the Final

C’mon the HIBS

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    As often in these polarised discussions I find myself seeing the argument on both sides, with the truth lying somewhere in the middle.

Like others I find myself not particularly looking forward going to games at Easter Road these days and judging by the empty seats, there's a good few who feel the same. When teams camp themselves in their own half most of the game, we are clueless how to break them down. We have some decent industrious players, but other than Boyle and Scotty (who is usually benched) few have a cutting edge. There is next to zero creativity from free kicks/set pieces either.

What I would say in Ross' defence is that the injuries to Murphy, Doidge and particularly Magennis have had a massive impact on us offensively. It's no coincidence that our form has gone downhill since Magennis got injured. He was on fire at the start of the season, was creative and scored goals. Doidge's injury has also had a massive impact on Nisbet as well and he looks isolated in games.

Wednesday was a big missed opportunity for me. I thought Rangers were poor and there for the taking. With Boyle quiet though we lacked the quality to put them under pressure.

If we can get our players fit though, and make a couple of decent acquisitions in January we won't be far away from being a really decent team, so it's not all doom and gloom.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    As often in these polarised discussions I find myself seeing the argument on both sides, with the truth lying somewhere in the middle.

Like others I find myself not particularly looking forward going to games at Easter Road these days and judging by the empty seats, there's a good few who feel the same. When teams camp themselves in their own half most of the game, we are clueless how to break them down. We have some decent industrious players, but other than Boyle and Scotty (who is usually benched) few have a cutting edge. There is next to zero creativity from free kicks/set pieces either.

What I would say in Ross' defence is that the injuries to Murphy, Doidge and particularly Magennis have had a massive impact on us offensively. It's no coincidence that our form has gone downhill since Magennis got injured. He was on fire at the start of the season, was creative and scored goals. Doidge's injury has also had a massive impact on Nisbet as well and he looks isolated in games.

Wednesday was a big missed opportunity for me. I thought Rangers were poor and there for the taking. With Boyle quiet though we lacked the quality to put them under pressure.

If we can get our players fit though, and make a couple of decent acquisitions in January we won't be far away from being a really decent team, so it's not all doom and gloom.
    Like many players Magennis gets better the longer he is injured.
    To say he was on fire at the start of the season is a huge exageration.
    I am looking forward to having him back injury free but was he really scoring goals earlier in the season.
    I remember one in Croatia.

Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    Like many players Magennis gets better the longer he is injured.
    To say he was on fire at the start of the season is a huge exageration.
    I am looking forward to having him back injury free but was he really scoring goals earlier in the season.
    I remember one in Croatia.
    thought I seen one statistic this season when Kyle was in the team we lost only one game in eight. And since he has been out it’s been the opposite.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    thought I seen one statistic this season when Kyle was in the team we lost only one game in eight. And since he has been out it’s been the opposite.
    He scored 4 goals from midfield in 13 games, of which we only lost 1 (Rijeka away). Kyle was excellent in the majority of those games.

His first signings were Dougie Bell, Tommy McIntyre and Graham Mitchell and we were never in any kind of relegation danger when he was manager. For anybody interested in football biographies, Dougie Bell's biography (title, Signed Twice by Fergie) has just reached sales of 1400 through Amazon, with all proceeds going to charity.