hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Motivation (or lack of)

I don’t know if it is just me, and if it is fair enough. But the way we are playing and the general style of play hasn’t got me buzzing to get up on Saturdays and get to the games.

That’s not to say there hasn’t been really good moments in certain games, but I feel like we are always just falling short somehow or we aren’t having a proper go at teams the way I feel Hibs teams should and not having enough shots on goal etc.

As I said, it might just be me, and I am not wanting to moan here, more looking for others feelings and thoughts and if I’m well of the mark, to be put in my place and a rocket up my a**e 😂

What’s the positives?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exuberance1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don’t know if it is just me, and if it is fair enough. But the way we are playing and the general style of play hasn’t got me buzzing to get up on Saturdays and get to the games.

That’s not to say there hasn’t been really good moments in certain games, but I feel like we are always just falling short somehow or we aren’t having a proper go at teams the way I feel Hibs teams should and not having enough shots on goal etc.

As I said, it might just be me, and I am not wanting to moan here, more looking for others feelings and thoughts and if I’m well of the mark, to be put in my place and a rocket up my a**e 😂

What’s the positives?
    got to agree I’m no looking forward to Saturday. Our style of play is boring and slow. Last night was more intensity but it will be back to pass square back square side ways then dunt it forward into channel. We need a result Saturday or pitchforks will be out.

@hibs.net private member
    I was in your camp before the break we had for covid but I think we’ve played well since coming back, yeh we lost against county and last night but there’s been a huge difference in tempo work ethic and there’s been some really good passing moves, guys like JDH and Cadden have been playing extremely well since we came back, Nisbet looks sharper doidge is on the road back now few more weeks we’ll have tait and mueller in the door.

It’s not all bad the results should be better but I don’t think we’re far away

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    got to agree I’m no looking forward to Saturday. Our style of play is boring and slow. Last night was more intensity but it will be back to pass square back square side ways then dunt it forward into channel. We need a result Saturday or pitchforks will be out.
    Apart from all the forward passes out the back and midfield in to the foot of the strikers and wing backs yes.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

I'm hoping if we can get doidge fit and playing we can get back to the 1 touch layoff stuff from him and Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Apart from all the forward passes out the back and midfield in to the foot of the strikers and wing backs yes.
    I take it your happy with our style off play or are you being sarcastic.
    ( best form of wit by the way).

I’m also well aware of the cup final and the run to the final has consisted of really good performances, but just looking for that a bit more.

It’s more wanting to see our creative players get more frequent opportunities.

Well. The Huns behave badly and get away with it. There are shiny new big screens. There's a club or Association or whatever for particular sorts. Behind the goals is still closed. Can't get a beer inside the stadium- see point no.1.
    Referees appear to be no longer being Inept/biased, probably both.

That's surely enough to fire yourself up.

I take it you're being sarcastic?

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I take it you're being sarcastic?
    😂👍

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    No I’m not being sarcastic, I’m recalling the game and thinking about how well I thought we knocked the ball about.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    No I’m not being sarcastic, I’m recalling the game and thinking about how well I thought we knocked the ball about.
    Can definitely see some improvement the past few matches when it comes to how nice the football is.

I'm not sure I'm ever going to really love this Hibs team in it's current guise (that's team, not club). However it would be churlish not to acknowledge the improvement in performance since the covid break.

That improvement really needs to translate into points though. For all I acknowledge the improvement, it's still 3 points from a possible 9 in our last 3 games.

Fwiw I'm not particularly enthused about watching Hibs at the moment and haven't been for some time. Last season I put it down to not being there, I thought I would be buzzing to be back but I'm not really. Truth be told I haven't enjoyed football, aside from Hibs, for years. Maybe that lack of enjoyment is just slowly spreading.

I genuinely think we’re absolutely brutal to watch at the moment and have been for a while now. Jack Ross is far too negative for my liking. I don’t care who we play against, but in this league we should never be settling for a draw at home against anyone.

The game was crying out for Allan & Murphy to come on to give us a spark as Rangers were there for the taking . Bringing them on as soon as we conceded was laughable and hugely predictable. The crowds seem to be getting worse as the season goes on and I firmly believe it’s due to the totally boring football on offer.

I know this comes across as a negative post but it’s just my honest assessment on how we’re doing at the moment. Hopefully in January with good recruitment we can start playing more attractive football and start picking up better results along the way.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by THESHIP View Post
    I genuinely think we’re absolutely brutal to watch at the moment and have been for a while now. Jack Ross is far too negative for my liking. I don’t care who we play against, but in this league we should never be settling for a draw at home against anyone.

The game was crying out for Allan & Murphy to come on to give us a spark as Rangers were there for the taking . Bringing them on as soon as we conceded was laughable and hugely predictable. The crowds seem to be getting worse as the season goes on and I firmly believe it’s due to the totally boring football on offer.

I know this comes across as a negative post but it’s just my honest assessment on how we’re doing at the moment. Hopefully in January with good recruitment we can start playing more attractive football and start picking up better results along the way.
    Absolutely brutal at St Johnstone at the weekend right enough. I’ll even Chuck in the semi final. Brutal right enough.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Absolutely brutal at St Johnstone at the weekend right enough. I’ll even Chuck in the semi final. Brutal right enough.
    To be fair, my original does state there has been good moments here and there, it’s more the way we play the majority of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Exuberance1875 View Post
    To be fair, my original does state there has been good moments here and there, it’s more the way we play the majority of the time.
    I wasn’t replying to your original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm not sure I'm ever going to really love this Hibs team in it's current guise (that's team, not club). However it would be churlish not to acknowledge the improvement in performance since the covid break.

That improvement really needs to translate into points though. For all I acknowledge the improvement, it's still 3 points from a possible 9 in our last 3 games.

Fwiw I'm not particularly enthused about watching Hibs at the moment and haven't been for some time. Last season I put it down to not being there, I thought I would be buzzing to be back but I'm not really. Truth be told I haven't enjoyed football, aside from Hibs, for years. Maybe that lack of enjoyment is just slowly spreading.
    I hope this changes for you, there’s nothing better than having that real buzz of going to the games knowing you’d be entertained!

2 games out of how many? Let’s be honest, Hibs playing attractive football hasn’t been the norm this season.

Left by mutual consent!
    Who would have ever thought the only real excitement from the fitba’ the now would be following the national side 🤣.

Worlds went topsy turvey.

PB has it spot on though. As the same age it might be a generational thing.

First Team Breakthrough
    You’re spot on. We also started the season playing some really good football and were exciting to watch. But injuries to magennis, Murphy and doidge, combined with little or no recruitment have made it difficult and performances suffered.

Quote Originally Posted by THESHIP View Post
    2 games out of how many? Let’s be honest, Hibs playing attractive football hasn’t been the norm this season.
    You said at the moment . I’m going back two weeks and four games.
    Last edited by greenlex; 02-12-2021 at 06:26 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Can't disagree, it's great to get out of the house on a Saturday and I really enjoyed the game at Perth but I was honestly half thinking of watching last night's game on TV with a beer and that's not something I do. It's the home games that are wearing me down a bit, maybe I was expecting too much after that Ross Co game early in the season.

Folk on here can moan all they want but we haven't had a "bounce" since the false dawn of the early Hecky days and even that was nowhere near the heights of early 2018. Rightly or wrongly a lot of fans just won't go to the games until we start playing more attractive football. I was really pleased with the way we kept the ball on Saturday but disappointed JR didn't really go for it last night by bringing on Murphy as we just were not going to score.

Looks like we will need to be patient, the January window isn't going to solve everything. We were pretty expansive and good to watch early season so hopefully JR still intends to have us playing this way once he gets the right players in.

I have been guilty myself of posting how boring the football can be under Ross and it would be impossible to play like man city or Liverpool every weekend but we have played some good stuff this season.

Played some decent stuff at Motherwell first game of the season and then we blew away both Ross County and Livingston at home (which we should be doing)

Battled away at tyncastle and then Ibrox where it looked to To good to be true at 0-1 how well the season had gone so far.

No doubt we put in some stinkers later on but no one can accuse the manager or the players for not responding and starting to buckle up, last night was disappointing not to take anything but let's get behind the boys Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Can't disagree, it's great to get out of the house on a Saturday and I really enjoyed the game at Perth but I was honestly half thinking of watching last night's game on TV with a beer and that's not something I do. It's the home games that are wearing me down a bit, maybe I was expecting too much after that Ross Co game early in the season.

Folk on here can moan all they want but we haven't had a "bounce" since the false dawn of the early Hecky days and even that was nowhere near the heights of early 2018. Rightly or wrongly a lot of fans just won't go to the games until we start playing more attractive football. I was really pleased with the way we kept the ball on Saturday but disappointed JR didn't really go for it last night by bringing on Murphy as we just were not going to score.

Looks like we will need to be patient, the January window isn't going to solve everything. We were pretty expansive and good to watch early season so hopefully JR still intends to have us playing this way once he gets the right players in.
    Valid point about the home games and pretty much how I feel. Home form is patchy at best and the there’s no life about the place. Much prefer an away day (not so much Dingwall on a Wednesday night) and generally find them more enjoyable.

You said at the moment . I’m going back two weeks and four games.
    You must have missed the point right after that where I stated “and have been for a while now”

Left by mutual consent!
    Neilson is a scruffy tramp. Boyd is a prick.

First Team Breakthrough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Every time I read another unhappy post in another thread moaning about the manager and/or the style of play, I can't help but think... : thank **** there was no social media in Alex Miller's day. The internet would have broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    Every time I read another unhappy post in another thread moaning about the manager and/or the style of play, I can't help but think... :thank **** there was no social media when Alex Miller was manager. The internet would have broken.
    Yer no wrong.