hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was on alba at 6pm as live.
    I was putting my kids to bed, not that I need to explain myself to anyone.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    So what you're saying is that no manager thats ever been sacked is a good manager?

You can't say the summer window is not a mitigating factor for a disappointing season.
    A good manager will just get on with it and deliver results with what he has through good coaching and management. 2 wins from 8 isn't great.

A good manager will just get on with it and deliver results with what he has through good coaching and management. 2 wins from 8 isn't great.
    No one is suggesting it is

Ah well, thats the mystery solved now anyway. I do hope the club read this, and that they just have to get on with it. Clearly no-one has told them this.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Left by mutual consent!
    No one is suggesting it is

Ah well, thats the mystery solved now anyway. I do hope the club read this, and that they just have to get on with it. Clearly no-one has told them this.
    What happened in the 70s when clubs had a squad of 14 players with worse facilities and pitches.

Yet a common theme on is here, let's blame the Summer window. Just get on with it.

What happened in the 70s when clubs had a squad of 14 players with worse facilities and pitches.
    I'm 28 mate, I haven't got a ****ing clue.

Hibs won 1 trophy though. 10 points to Gryffindor.

Sir Alex Ferguson

It's the players that deliver results- you do realise that aye? The manager isn't controlling them with a joy-stick.

It was sooooo predictable that because we lost a late debateable penalty that it would all be the fault of "Ross" because he didnae bring on Murphy and Allan- and that it's only when you have 'creative' players on that you win games.

The truth is- the only time Rangers looked dangerous was when they were countering on our attacks and space opened up.

The same team hammered Rangers at Hampden without Murphy and Allan on at all. Just because you don't fill the team with players who are supposedly 'attacking' doesn't mean you're not trying to win. The first thing Jack Ross has to deal with is the fact they have better players than us- it's funny how folk conveniently forget stuff like that.

JR had the team set up in a way where Rangers rarely looked a threat- THAT is good coaching.

What is to blame for this new culture where people genuinely believe they know so much about the game of football? The truth is most of us are utterly clueless but yet some think it's so simple to 'deliver' results like it's some kind of exact science or a computer game.

People have been asking the question already but who exactly is ever going to make these fans happy? The sorry fact is that if Klopp got the Hibs job we're unlikely to be getting any higher than 3rd, or as some put it 'accepting mediocrity'.

I never thought I'd ever read such a quote on here given our heritage and traditional style of play.
    I remember going to a game at Ibrox under Alex Miller with a team full of attacking players and we were walloped 7-0 with barely a sniff at their goal. as he says, loading the team with attack minded players isn't always a guarantee of a win, or anything for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    It's the players that deliver results- you do realise that aye? The manager isn't controlling them with a joy-stick.

It was sooooo predictable that because we lost a late debateable penalty that it would all be the fault of "Ross" because he didnae bring on Murphy and Allan- and that it's only when you have 'creative' players on that you win games.

The truth is- the only time Rangers looked dangerous was when they were countering on our attacks and space opened up.

The same team hammered Rangers at Hampden without Murphy and Allan on at all. Just because you don't fill the team with players who are supposedly 'attacking' doesn't mean you're not trying to win. The first thing Jack Ross has to deal with is the fact they have better players than us- it's funny how folk conveniently forget stuff like that.

JR had the team set up in a way where Rangers rarely looked a threat- THAT is good coaching.

What is to blame for this new culture where people genuinely believe they know so much about the game of football? The truth is most of us are utterly clueless but yet some think it's so simple to 'deliver' results like it's some kind of exact science or a computer game.

People have been asking the question already but who exactly is ever going to make these fans happy? The sorry fact is that if Klopp got the Hibs job we're unlikely to be getting any higher than 3rd, or as some put it 'accepting mediocrity'.
    Good post

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    I remember going to a game at Ibrox under Alex Miller with a team full of attacking players and we were walloped 7-0 with barely a sniff at their goal. as he says, loading the team with attack minded players isn't always a guarantee of a win, or anything for that matter.
    Don’t think anyone is asking for it to be loaded with attacking players. A tweak here or there. It’s not as if we weren’t on the front foot, but with the players we had on the park making things happen in the final third isn’t exactly playing to their strengths and was a big part IMO, why we failed to score again.

Well, the next best thing is to listen to the radio, read the match reports, look at the stats and to read Johnny's excellent summaries and testimony from people on here.

All theses told me we did more than enough to win the game, and would have been good value for the win even if Saints had kept 11 men on the pitch.

Do I still not count?
    😂 So your just going by someone else’s opinions then? Not your own!
    And if you want to go by stats, they say 11 v 11 we were losing, & it wasn’t until SA came on with 19 minutes to go & was involved in both goals that won us the game. Which statistically says if you play creative players, you have more chance of winning the game?

Quote Originally Posted by munchar View Post
    😂 So your just going by someone else’s opinions then? Not your own!
    And if you want to go by stats, they say 11 v 11 we were losing, & it wasn’t until SA came on with 19 minutes to go & was involved in both goals that won us the game. Which statistically says if you play creative players, you have more chance of winning the game?
    Right so now reading about something and forming an opinion doesn't count? Do you know how ****ing bonkers that is?

Sir Alex Ferguson

Right so now reading about something and forming an opinion doesn't count? Do you know how ****ing bonkers that is?
    “Reading Jonnies summaries” that’s his opinion, not yours. You’ve not seen the game How honkers is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post

Couldn’t agree more.

I think often it’s forgotten/not appreciate how hard it is to get the right balance.

Good going forward but poor defensively = boy band
    Poor going forward but good defensively = Not good enough we’re Hibs etc
    We need a defensive centre mid = Sign Gogic
    Gogic plays = He’s got but not good enough on the ball

It’s endless and so tiring.

I get why some are frustrated over recent form but I still have 100% faith in Ross. IMO he has got the balance right more often than not, made us hard to beat and gets us creating chances and being clinical when we get them.

January will be a huge window and I think we’ll see a fair change in our squad.

He’ll get us 4th this season at least.

@hibs.net private member
    We saw what happened in the first half against them at Easter Road.
    We did. What did Hearts do last night? That nearly worked.

Left by mutual consent!
    “Reading Jonnies summaries” that’s his opinion, not yours. You’ve not seen the game How honkers is that?
    I thought exactly the same thing.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

He’ll get us 4th this season at least.
    At this moment in time that is a big prediction. I do hope you are right.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    At this moment in time that is a big prediction. I do hope you are right.
    Have a bit of faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    We were 1-0 down against St Johnstone despite dominating the game, so the subs were undoubtedly a good idea. There was very little danger that the change could potentially have worked in the opposition's favour.

Up until the 82nd minute, were were equally balanced against Rangers, with the players and the way they were set up pretty much nullifying any threat.

There was a possibility that making the subs could have changed the game in our favour, but also a very strong possibility it could have gone the other way.
    They brought Arfield on and started to be the more dominant looking likely to score, Ross allowed that to happen, one or two were tiring after 60 mins but he did nothing till after the penalty.

I thought exactly the same thing.
    Funny that.

Sir Alex Ferguson

I'm not a manager and i don't know the status of everyone's fitness but i did think that he made the subs too late. Especially with the sheer number of games we have to play this month and the effort the lads put in in Perth at the weekend. Maybe Ross didn't want to disrupt the game too much. If it wasn't for the penalty we'd have got a deserved draw so i'm not going to be too critical of him.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    They brought Arfield on and started to be the more dominant looking likely to score, Ross allowed that to happen, one or two were tiring after 60 mins but he did nothing till after the penalty.
    Nobody was tiring after 60 - absolutely nobody. We were probably on top at that stage and for a good bit of the 2nd half.

Johnny who goes to matches and writes very articulate, honest summaries that I wouldn't disagree with in the vast majority of cases. You also forgot about the bit where I read match reports and listened to experts.

I don't have to justify where I get my information from in the slightest anyway, this isn't a conspiracy theory, it's a football game. You're opinion is different to mine, thats fine, what isn't fine is questioning the validity of someone elses opinion, especially when the person has taken their information from reliable sources and statistics.

Sir Alex Ferguson

Left by mutual consent!
    Johnny who goes to matches and writes very articulate, honest summaries that I wouldn't disagree with in the vast majority of cases. You also forgot about the bit where I read match reports and listened to experts.

I don't have to justify where I get my information from in the slightest anyway, this isn't a conspiracy theory, it's a football game. You're opinion is different to mine, thats fine, what isn't fine is questioning the validity of someone elses opinion, especially when the person has taken their information from reliable sources and statistics.
    Accredited journalists fair enough. But, not sure I'd cite a fellow posters opinion as a source to debate on other threads though.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Accredited journalists fair enough. But, not sure I'd cite a fellow posters opinion as a source to debate on other threads though.
    Depends who the poster is. The one in question has a good knowledge of the game and all things Hibs. He’s probably seen more of Hibs than you’ve seen daylight. He’s certainly up there with any accredited journalist you care to mention.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Depends who the poster is. The one in question has a good knowledge of the game and all things Hibs. He’s probably seen more of Hibs than you’ve seen daylight. He’s certainly up there with any accredited journalist you care to mention.
    Nobody’s questioning Jonnies opinion, but that’s what it is, his opinion. You can’t have a debate & use someone else’s opinion ffs

Nobody’s questioning Jonnies opinion, but that’s what it is, his opinion. You can’t have a debate & use someone else’s opinion ffs
    Why not? It's a credible opinion in the Hibs.net, probably one of the best, there are others out there too. At the end of the day thats what we are doing, debating on a football forum.

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Nonsense. You don’t just form an opinion on something from first hand experience. You form it from various sources including trusted opinions. You don’t have to be at a game to have an opinion on how it’s gone. That’s plain daft. In any case the post I was commenting on was saying if you’re an accredited journalist your opinion is more valid than someone else’s. Probably even more daft. In fact no probables about it. Let me see Any Daily record journalist Keith Jackson, Jim Traynor or Johns?
    Last edited by greenlex; 03-12-2021 at 01:15 PM.

Nonsense. You don’t just form an opinion on something from first hand experience. You form it from various sources including trusted opinions. You don’t have to be at a game to have an opinion on how it’s gone. That’s plain daft.
    Someone better let munchkin know about things like academic work, reference books etc.

Sir Alex Ferguson

For me he speaks for the sane and knowledgeable element of the support- which is very refreshing in terms of what you see on the internet. The reports are free from hyperbole either way with a slight bias towards Hibs which is what all Hibs "supporters" should have and he doesn't try to write like he's a football expert. In short, most reasonable Hibs fans will most likely more or less agree with most of the report and will certainly believe they were at the same game. The hysterical cry babies looking for blood after every dropped point not so much.

I'm going to take a knowledgeable Hibs fan - which he is, over a Scottish football journalist any day of the week. Perfectly good reference on a Hibs game.

Nonsense. You don’t just form an opinion on something from first hand experience. You form it from various sources including trusted opinions. You don’t have to be at a game to have an opinion on how it’s gone. That’s plain daft.
    Deary me. “Trusted opinions”? That’s someone else’s opinion. How can you possibly debate on a game you’ve not watched? It’s an accumulation of random folks thoughts, 0% of your own.