hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by munchar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deary me. “Trusted opinions”? That’s someone else’s opinion. How can you possibly debate on a game you’ve not watched? It’s an accumulation of random folks thoughts, 0% of your own.
    So if you were arguing the merits of a player you wouldn't think it relevant to mention certain managers/pundits/ex-players opinions of that player?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Deary me. “Trusted opinions”? That’s someone else’s opinion. How can you possibly debate on a game you’ve not watched? It’s an accumulation of random folks thoughts, 0% of your own.

Wrong, professional journalists and expert pundits - some of whom have actually played the game, and trusted contributors on this site.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Wrong, professional journalists and expert pundits - some of whom have actually played the game, and trusted contributors on this site.
    It’s not YOUR opinion. “Boyle played well, Hanlon was poor” because someone who watched the game said so.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    For me he speaks for the sane and knowledgeable element of the support- which is very refreshing in terms of what you see on the internet. The reports are free from hyperbole either way with a slight bias towards Hibs which is what all Hibs "supporters" should have and he doesn't try to write like he's a football expert. In short, most reasonable Hibs fans will most likely more or less agree with most of the report and will certainly believe they were at the same game. The hysterical cry babies looking for blood after every dropped point not so much.

I'm going to take a knowledgeable Hibs fan - which he is, over a Scottish football journalist any day of the week. Perfectly good reference on a Hibs game.
    Interestingly, the knowledgable poster in question noted “ Jack Ross – It seemed to me as though he was settling for a point and should have reacted in kind when the Rangers made their first two changes” in his match report, which is what a lot of the debate has centred on in this thread.

Does that fall under your observation about the new culture of folk thinking they know so much about the game, it not being a computer game etc?
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 03-12-2021 at 02:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    It’s not YOUR opinion. “Boyle played well, Hanlon was poor” because someone who watched the game said so.
    Right ok.

I'll leave it at that.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Interestingly, the knowledgable poster in question noted “ Jack Ross – It seemed to me as though he was settling for a point and should have reacted in kind when the Rangers made their first two changes” in his match report, which is what a lot of the debate has centred on in this thread.

Does that fall under you observation about the new culture of folk thinking they know so much about the game, it not being a computer game etc?
    Exactly, brilliant observation.