hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disappointing

Would have been some performance from him if he was on the sauce just a few hours before the game. Motm performance.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Can we merge this with the other thread about this? Nae point having two threads.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Isnt Edinburghlive part of the D***y r****d company ?

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyle89 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing to do with not being a newell fan I just don't think he was at it tonight and hasn't been for a while. Felt jdh broke up play more and used the ball better than jn. Also thought jc played better than jn. Sponsors motm can be a crap shoot at the best of times. Even after giving away the pen I would've given it to porto.
    The stats don't backup what you say at all

Newell created 2 chances, JDH created 0.

Newell made 5 tackles and 4 interceptions, JDH made 5 tackles and 0 interceptions.

I'd say from that Newell both used the ball better and broke up play more effectively

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Two mitigating factors; first, hes in a very rural location, second, he's caught according to the cops he's driving at a 'very slow speed'. A stupid mistake but its not reckless or endangering life. Pitchforks away please.
    What a load of bollocks, it’s both reckless and endangering life when you get behind the wheel whilst pissed, regardless of location or how fast you drive!

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Two mitigating factors; first, hes in a very rural location, second, he's caught according to the cops he's driving at a 'very slow speed'. A stupid mistake but its not reckless or endangering life. Pitchforks away please.
    If you've had any kind of drink you don't get in the driver's seat.

First Team Breakthrough
    There are no mitigating factors for drunk driving.

Testimonial Due
    I thought he played well last night. He has obviously
    apologised and realised the error of his ways.

Wallyford? It’s 10 mins from town! Driving after any drink is reckless. It’s not like he can’t afford a taxi!

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Wallyford? It’s 10 mins from town! Driving after any drink is reckless. It’s not like he can’t afford a taxi!
    Yep. No excuse for drink driving.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    The stats don't backup what you say at all

Newell created 2 chances, JDH created 0.

Newell made 5 tackles and 4 interceptions, JDH made 5 tackles and 0 interceptions.

I'd say from that Newell both used the ball better and broke up play more effectively
    Fair enough if thats what the stats say but I just dont remember him doing any of that. Yes there was the chance at the throw in, something he needs to do more of. But what was the other chance he created? Also where did you find these stats? Not trying to be arsey I genuinely want to know.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Fair enough if thats what the stats say but I just dont remember him doing any of that. Yes there was the chance at the throw in, something he needs to do more of. But what was the other chance he created? Also where did you find these stats? Not trying to be arsey I genuinely want to know.
    the nice through ball to Nisbet to put him in behind, where he would have had plenty time to take it across his body and shoot on his left but opted to cut inside and the shot got blocked.

Got the stats for the match from whoscored.com who are usually quite reliable but don't have the most advanced/complex set of
    metrics:

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/15...ernian-Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    the nice through ball to Nisbet to put him in behind, where he would have had plenty time to take it across his body and shoot on his left but opted to cut inside and the shot got blocked.

Got the stats for the match from whoscored.com who are usually quite reliable but don't have the most advanced/complex set of
    metrics:

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/15...ernian-Rangers
    I'd forgotten all about that chance😂. Yeah should have let it run across and his it with his left. Cheers👍

Felt like it affected his performance tonight. Seemed so off the pace. Can't believe ross played him after that. I think hes been off form for quite some time but sadly ross won't drop him.
    Also so stupid of him to do it.
    I thought he was really good tonight and probably my motm.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    What a load of bollocks, it’s both reckless and endangering life when you get behind the wheel whilst pissed, regardless of location or how fast you drive!

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    Isnt Edinburghlive part of the D***y r****d company ?
    Yes. Basically an Edinburgh-centric edition. Think there’s a Glasgow version too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They've only gone and done it! They've only gone and won the Scottish Cup! What kept you, Hibs?!

I never said it wasn’t reckless or life threatening. I think it’s utter bollocks trying to pretend every version of the same crime is the same. You may as well say every theft or manslaughter is equally severe so should carry the same sentence. Nonsense.

I never said it wasn’t reckless or life threatening. I think it’s utter bollocks trying to pretend every version of the same crime is the same. You may as well say every theft or manslaughter is equally severe so should carry the same sentence. Nonsense.
    Drink Driving should carry a prison sentence its that bad a crime !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Funny I thought he was great, as was JDH.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    That’s exactly what you said!
    Getting behind the wheel of a car whilst pissed is severe and should always result in a ban, no exception. To suggest otherwise is indeed Nonsense.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 02-12-2021 at 01:06 PM.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Agreed. This coming from a previously convicted drunk driver.

You attempted to downplay it by choosing to emphase "mitigating factors".

Newell was an idiot who was lucky it wasn't worse and deserves the punishments he got from both the court and Hibs. I can't find any mitigating factors for him just because he's a good player for us.

And he was a very good player for us last night.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    You attempted to downplay it by choosing to emphase "mitigating factors".

Newell was an idiot who was lucky it wasn't worse and deserves the punishments he got from both the court and Hibs. I can't find any mitigating factors for him just because he's a good player for us.

And he was a very good player for us last night.
    You don’t get to decide what im ‘attempting’ to do. If I thought drink driving was OK I would say that. Join in a ‘drink driver lover’ pile on if you want, I just think it’s pretty ridiculous that nobody is willing to engage with the idea that not all versions of the same crime deserve the same opprobrium.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    You don’t get to decide what im ‘attempting’ to do. If I thought drink driving was OK I would say that. Join in a ‘drink driver lover’ pile on if you want, I just think it’s pretty ridiculous that nobody is willing to engage with the idea that not all versions of the same crime deserve the same opprobrium.
    I get what you’re saying but nobody gets to decide how alcohol is going to effect their abilities to do something. Different levels effect different folks in different ways. It’s a face the more you take the better you think you are at something. ( Karaoke is a great example ) Thats why we have a limit. Doesn’t matter what the individual thinks they can handle. A split second of under or over reaction could just be as lethal one pint to ten pints. The crimes the same. Consequences don’t differentiate.
    Last edited by greenlex; 02-12-2021 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Disappointing a Hibs fan feels the need to publicise his misdemeanour in a stand alone post. He’s been punished so leave it at that.
    Disagree, actually I find it quite encouraging that despite our obvious bias towards our own man that as fans are still willing to call out actions that simply don't reach even a base level moral standard. Yes he's been punished, both by the law and by the club.....nothing wrong with our own fans voicing that it doesn't meet our standards either.
    That said though, we move on and give him our full support when he's on the pitch. We might not be talking about this next week but he will remember.

Can we at least agree that it’s not difficult to get it wallyford after a couple of pints. Harder to get out tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I get what you’re saying but nobody gets to decide how alcohol is going to effect their abilities to do something. Different levels effect different folks in different ways. It’s a face the more you take the better you think you are at something. ( Karaoke is a great example ) Thats why we have a limit. Doesn’t matter what the individual thinks they can handle. A split second of under or over reaction could just be as lethal one pint to ten pints. The crimes the same. Consequences don’t differentiate.
    Well that is all absolutely true, agreed. The example I gave earlier though, Henry Ruggs, Raiders Wide Receiver recently imprisoned and awaiting trial for killing an innocent woman doing 156mph through Las Vegas in his corvette with the mother of his child in the passenger seat twice over the limit… there is SOME daylight there between him and Newell, i think you’ll agree.

Well that is all absolutely true, agreed. The example I gave earlier though, Henry Ruggs, Raiders Wide Receiver recently imprisoned and awaiting trial for killing an innocent woman doing 156mph through Las Vegas in his corvette with the mother of his child in the passenger seat twice over the limit… there is SOME daylight there between him and Newell, i think you’ll agree.
    2-3 times over the limit is drink driving no matter what speed he was doing, theres no grey area here, it was wrong and irresponsible.

Felt like it affected his performance tonight. Seemed so off the pace. Can't believe ross played him after that. I think hes been off form for quite some time but sadly ross won't drop him.
    Also so stupid of him to do it.
    He was my man of the match by a stretch last night.

I’m not condoning anything but I’m not sure what your definition of pissed is. The limit is so low now that 2-3 times over would be unlikely to have you anywhere near pissed.