hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That Flare

@hibs.net private member

That Flare

At a time in the match when were enjoying the upper hand and building a head of steam some half wit throws a green flare on the park and stops the game. By the time the west coast football fans had retaliated with their own flare and the game was restarted we never reached that level again.
    What is it about attention seeking idiots that they just have to have their moment?
    Thanks, you idiot!!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

I said pretty much the exact same to my friend at the game.

Thought it was our best period in the game and all our momentum was halted.

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At a time in the match when were enjoying the upper hand and building a head of steam some half wit throws a green flare on the park and stops the game. By the time the west coast football fans had retaliated with their own flare and the game was restarted we never reached that level again.
    What is it about attention seeking idiots that they just have to have their moment?
    Thanks, you idiot!!!!
    Agreed - if that has come from the new Block 7 group then that isn't going to endear them to the club

Thanks, you idiot!!!!
    Anyone above the age of 14 who gets excited by smoke bombs or flares is an absolute roaster. Between that and the IRA songs, don't ****ing come back

Thanks, you idiot!!!!
    Should have been easy to pick him out on cctv and ban him.

@hibs.net private member
    We commented the same. That fanny could have cost us at least one point.

I trust the enhanced cctv that we installed will mean the culprit can be identified. I hope we put it in the south stand too.

I hope the rangers fans with flares at beginning are found and banned too … I suspect not given they stood there for a good few minutes and no steward or police done anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aye thought the same at the time. Big fan of smoke and flares but used effectively, not needlessly. Likely daftness by some wee dingle, don’t think it cost us the game. Equally annoying was the Yellow vests taking a week to deal with it, burning two large patches on the park as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree that it was totally the worst time in the match to throw a flare but totally ridiculous that that the referee waited until it went out and nobody just picked it up and threw it off the pitch...crazy

@hibs.net private member
    I said the same as the OP on the match thread. Idiotic behaviour and cost us all our momentum. If Macey had been hit with the one from the Dunbar end, that was clearly aimed at him, then it could have been nasty. Can we not have a wee area in the car park for the children to play before the game. No need for them to enter the stadium as they clearly have no idea how football works to throw a missile, stop the game to the opposition's advantage and cost their club money. Hope they are banned until they grow up.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    It seemed to be smoking for a short time before being thrown - I wonder if whoever ignited it panicked and instinctively threw it away? Maybe even went off accidentally?

It was a strange time to decide to let one off and definitely took the sting out of what had been a promising spell for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesforever View Post
    Agree that it was totally the worst time in the match to throw a flare but totally ridiculous that that the referee waited until it went out and nobody just picked it up and threw it off the pitch...crazy
    Not really. Would I **** be going near any one of those things to pick it up if I didn't need to. There was a video doing the rounds of one blowing a Rangers fan's hand to pieces a while back. Anyone who brings these things into sports stadiums should be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    We commented the same. That fanny could have cost us at least one point.
    Goldson was down injured for a minute and a half, Beaton stopped the match for 2 and a half minutes for the flares and there were 5 subs so there should have been at least 6 and a half minutes injury time but there was only 5. The flare probably cost us at least a minute of game time to get an equaliser.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Hope the silly **** gets a lengthy ban
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Goldson was down injured for a minute and a half, Beaton stopped the match for 2 and a half minutes for the flares and there were 5 subs so there should have been at least 6 and a half minutes injury time but there was only 5. The flare probably cost us at least a minute of game time to get an equaliser.
    And he only played 3 min injury time.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    And he only played 3 min injury time.
    5 minutes jnjury time should have been more

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    It seemed to be smoking for a short time before being thrown - I wonder if whoever ignited it panicked and instinctively threw it away? Maybe even went off accidentally?

It was a strange time to decide to let one off and definitely took the sting out of what had been a promising spell for us.
    Aye right! And that happens right enough 🙄

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

It seemed to have been let off by accident and was just left smoking, then one of the laddies next to it just picked it up and lobbed it towards the pitch to get it away.

They were shouting at another wee laddie telling him to ‘get to ******’ who I assume had set it off.

Tosser. Nuff said.

What you have to remember about these twats is that they're not really there to support the team, this is all about them and how they look on TV and Social Media

Attention seeking idiots.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CL0762 View Post
    It seemed to have been let off by accident and was just left smoking, then one of the laddies next to it just picked it up and lobbed it towards the pitch to get it away.

They were shouting at another wee laddie telling him to ‘get to ******’ who I assume had set it off.
    Set off by accident😂
    What did the numbskull think he was fiddling with in his pocket?
    I’ve heard some excuses in my time…

Set off by accident😂

He accidentally bought it and accidentally took it into the stadium then accidentally set it off.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    He accidentally bought it and accidentally took it into the stadium then accidentally set it off.
    nailed it in three👍🏻

@hibs.net private member
    Set off by accident😂
    Aw I’m far from making excuses, only going by what I seen at the time. The laddie let it off then just dropped it and seemed to be in a state of shock at what was happening.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Set off by accident😂
    He's hardly making excuses for them.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Was he with the bunch that were accidentally singing IRA songs? They can accidentally **** off

A pedant writes.

It was a smoke bomb, not a flare.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by CL0762 View Post
    Aw I’m far from making excuses, only going by what I seen at the time. The laddie let it off then just dropped it and seemed to be in a state of shock at what was happening.
    That’s pretty much what I was suspecting had happened, and you being a bit closer to it backs that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    A pedant writes.

It was a smoke bomb, not a flare.
    How big are the flares that the Rangers fans brought in last night? Celtic had them as well so must be easy to smuggle in.