hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Atmosphere

First Team Breakthrough
    Aye but it’s all about the match day experience! build big screens and they will come….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paying £30+ to watch Hibs v Aberdeen is ****ing scandalous really.

It's not really on to say it because it's Hibs and it's what we do but I almost hope more people stop paying it to send a message.
    Agreed.

If tickets are £30, then Hibs get £25 after VAT.

If tickets are £24. then Hibs get £20 after VAT.

So cutting the price requires a 25% increase in the crowd for Hibs to have the same income from ticket sales, which make up 45% (can't think we're that different to Hearts) of our income. And if that 25% increase doesn't happen, then Hibs have less money to compete with Accrington Stanley on wages, and we're seeing a lower standard of player at Easter Road which will make it harder to get that 25% increase in crowds.

I'm not saying that £30 is acceptable, but simply looking at the consequences for us of cutting the price.

As regards other sources of income, if Hibs can get more money from TV, sponsorship or whatever, that money can be used to improve the squad or to cut ticket prices, but it can't be fully used for both at the same time.

What we need is the same as every other club and every other league - better football on the pitch from both Hibs and whoever is our opponent that week, because better football will increase crowds far more than cutting prices. Cup wins would also help, as we saw after 2016.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

There are no doubt many reasons for people not attending even when having season tickets, and for myself it is lack of Saturday games. Work makes it difficult on any other day, and with only 4 of 13 games on a Saturday up to the winter break, one of which I could also not make, it is making me think (not for the first time) about giving up being a long standing season ticket holder,

I also know a few others who have given up season tickets over last few years and moved to attending a small number of games at hospitality instead.

Hopefully the review being undertaken will look at all variables, and would be good to know how non Saturday games impact attendance (real attendance that is, not the 17,000+ attendance given for last nights game).

Personally think alot of the newer songs don't hit the mark to get things going and the old songs are the best that don't come out often enough.

Maybe getting old. Felt like a younger crowd around me last night

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    FF lower should be free to children under 13 accompanied by an adutl for all games outwith CAT A games. this area of the ground should have no ST availablty for the season. It should be for walk ups for the big games and for bringing in our future fans.

Quote Originally Posted by one day maybe... View Post
    FF lower should be free to children under 13 accompanied by an adutl for all games outwith CAT A games. this area of the ground should have no ST availablty for the season. It should be for walk ups for the big games and for bringing in our future fans.
    It should be safe standing and let all the young team in there. Use the corners of west and east for family tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by tmb1875 View Post
    Aye but it’s all about the match day experience! build big screens and they will come….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That sort of stuff has it's place. But ( and I think this is a basic of European football Ron hasn't quite grasped ) this is not North America, the matchday experience begins and ends with what's on the park and the atmosphere created by the fans off it and no amount of window dressing can change that fact

https://youtu.be/HpV5vvHt_K8

OMG .... If only

First Team Breakthrough Tommy75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    That sort of stuff has it's place. But ( and I think this is a basic of European football Ron hasn't quite grasped ) this is not North America, the matchday experience begins and ends with what's on the park and the atmosphere created by the fans off it and no amount of window dressing can change that fact

OMG .... If only
    The way Hearts fans and their pals in the media go on, you'd think Tynecastle was like that every week.

Looks amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy75 View Post
    The way Hearts fans and their pals in the media go on, you'd think Tynecastle was like that every week.

Looks amazing!
    They wish lol. But in all seriousness, the full version of that video is mental and way over the top, but a slightly watered down version is my idea of what football matches should be like, we have sanitised our game off the park down to something akin to a slightly over excited Daniel O'Donnell concert ... with only a few small groups at most clubs fighting against the odds to retain some sort of atmosphere, not least at our own club.
    look at the outrage a couple of smoke bombs caused last night .. not flares as some folk seemed determined to call them .. but smoke bombs. Though I acknowledge that for most folk the timing of them was more the issue than the fact they were thrown at all.

Its a bit like these threads we get before cup finals where folk say, hey why dont we all wear green and make a real show of it ... FFS when you go to a cup final supporting Hibs you would think the least you could do is wear something green, even if its a scarf, to my mind I find it incredible that folk need to be encouraged to do it .... I mean, if you go to a game as important as a cup final and you still need to be encouraged to wear the clubs colours and join in the singing whats the point of going at all, you might as well watch it on the telly.

Perhaps I'm an unrealistic auld romantic when it comes to the game and what it should be as a supporter and why I'm such a fan of the idea of an FF standing section .... but rather that than the noiseless colourless spectacle the folk running the game seem to be determined to turn it into, with unfortunately far too many fans seemingly willing to accept it.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    They wish lol. But in all seriousness, the full version of that video is mental and way over the top, but a slightly watered down version is my idea of what football matches should be like, we have sanitised our game off the park down to something akin to a slightly over excited Daniel O'Donnell concert ... with only a few small groups at most clubs fighting against the odds to retain some sort of atmosphere, not least at our own club.
    look at the outrage a couple of smoke bombs caused last night .. not flares as some folk seemed determined to call them .. but smoke bombs. Though I acknowledge that for most folk the timing of them was more the issue than the fact they were thrown at all.

Its a bit like these threads we get before cup finals where folk say, hey why dont we all wear green and make a real show of it ... FFS when you go to a cup final supporting Hibs you would think the least you could do is wear something green, even if its a scarf, to my mind I find it incredible that folk need to be encouraged to do it .... I mean, if you go to a game as important as a cup final and you still need to be encouraged to wear the clubs colours and join in the singing whats the point of going at all, you might as well watch it on the telly.

Perhaps I'm an unrealistic auld romantic when it comes to the game and what it should be as a supporter and why I'm such a fan of the idea of an FF standing section .... but rather that than the noiseless colourless spectacle the folk running the game seem to be determined to turn it into, with unfortunately far too many fans seemingly willing to accept it.
    I don’t wear much in the way of club colours, won’t be doing a lot of singing but certainly won’t be watching the final on the telly.

I really don’t understand this need for fans to be dictating to other fans what they should do, what they can’t sing or should sing, when they should sing, how many pints they can have , what they should wear or whether they should stay at home and watch on TV because they are not classed as good enough fans to attend.

Finals going to be a cracking atmosphere - don’t see what the worry is all about?
    Last edited by Carheenlea; 03-12-2021 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I don’t wear much in the way of club colours, won’t be doing a lot of singing but certainly won’t be watching the final on the telly.

I really don’t understand this need for fans to be dictating to other fans what they should do, what they can’t sing or should sing, when they should sing, how many pints they can have , what they should wear or whether they should stay at home and watch on TV because they are not classed as good enough fans to attend.

Finals going to be a cracking atmosphere - don’t see what the worry is all about?
    lol .... I wasn't actually going as far as telling folk what to wear mate, what I said was I don't quite get why folk wouldn't want to wear at least something in their club's colours to a final, I'm not suggesting they should be stopped at the turnstiles .
    It seems a no brainer to me that if a song gets going you would want to join in so the players can hear it. As for my watch it on the telly comment, my point is if you are actually at the game why wouldn't you want to be part of the colour and atmosphere that makes it a spectacle ... I think you suggesting my opinion was that some fans aren't good enough was a bit of a misrepresentation of what I meant.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar

OMG .... If only
    argentinian supporters and the atmosphere they create are on another level to almost anything Europe has to offer these days.

Would folk who currently sit FF lower be wanting to move seats for the greater good of improving atmosphere ?

It’s simply a no brainer that the FF lower needs to be changed next season.

Whether it’s rebranded the singing section or safe standing section (obviously this would involve a cost to install) or even the community section with cheaper tickets in reserved seating.

But something has to change to make ER more appealing to everyone…having seen some other countries games even if the game is awful and your team lose having a loud vocal support makes the occasion more entertaining. But on the whole it really helps grow a connection between players and fans plus helps the team with support.

The challenge is upsetting folk in the FF lower but I think Hibs need to look at the full stadium set up and make changes to fill it up.

Correct me if I’m wrong it wasn’t even that long ago Hibs had a scheme that you could resell your seat if you couldn’t attend.

Hibs TV still showing live games - the cost of tickets / living and fans not fully convinced by Jack Ross seem to be main issues people aren’t attending but a fresh idea of allowing fans to stand behind the goals would add some novelty to boost numbers and hopefully get better back into the habit or even encourage new fans to attend. We are fortunate we have a great stadium but it’s not being used to its potential.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    argentinian supporters and the atmosphere they create are on another level to almost anything Europe has to offer these days.
    Apart from Tynecastle, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Would folk who currently sit FF lower be wanting to move seats for the greater good of improving atmosphere ?
    We should ask the pair of them ;-)

Do you propose moving the whole family section to another area of the ground or just do away with the concept completely?

If the answer is moving it, what part of the ground did you have in mind? And will it be the same price as it is just now?

(not being argumentative, these are genuine questions)

@hibs.net private member
    To be honest do we really need a family section? Most regulars know where to avoid if you don't want too much noise, possible issues etc i.e. around the signing section area maybe. I take my 4 year old Granddaughter and we sit in the FF Upper. She may hear the odd swear word but it goes over her head as it means nothing to her. Maybe I'm lucky it's a good group around us. If I was sitting in the lower though I think I would happily move if it was going to improve the atmosphere.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Do you propose moving the whole family section to another area of the ground or just do away with the concept completely?

If the answer is moving it, what part of the ground did you have in mind? And will it be the same price as it is just now?

I don’t see the need for it, there are thousands of kids all over the stadium.

I’d be tempted to offer up a “Category B” season ticket for kids with adults in the south stand. When a Catagory A game comes along the adults have a reserved seat in the other 3 stands thats fixed for the season - so for Cat B games the seat can be released for sale if a child is coming or reserved for the season ticket holder if not.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Coaching Staff

Would it matter where they moved it to as it would seem the families rarely turn up judging by the number of empty seats always on display.

@hibs.net private member
    I loved the FF lower family section, it was well populated when I moved down with the sprogs. I think hibs have to look at why numbers have dwindelled before looking at moving a singing/standing section there which is not guaranteed to make much difference to revenue but which might look pretty on tv for ‘big games’

I hope the family section can be reignited in the lower FF and Im sure the marketing team will be looking at that. I may have grand kids and would like to rekindle past memories, maybe even in the same seats

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    I loved the FF lower family section, it was well populated when I moved down with the sprogs. I think hibs have to look at why numbers have dwindelled before looking at moving a singing/standing section there which is not guaranteed to make much difference to revenue but which might look pretty on tv for ‘big games’

I hope the family section can be reignited in the lower FF and Im sure the marketing team will be looking at that. I may have grand kids and would like to rekindle past memories, maybe even in the same seats
    I’m sure you could rekindle the memories wherever the family section is. I’d also be interested to know just why it has become so unpopular these days as it’s never been as empty as it is now. Overall though I think it should move to the south and allow season ticket holders there to have first dibs on tickets for the bigger games in one of the other stands.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I’m sure you could rekindle the memories wherever the family section is. I’d also be interested to know just why it has become so unpopular these days as it’s never been as empty as it is now. Overall though I think it should move to the south and allow season ticket holders there to have first dibs on tickets for the bigger games in one of the other stands.
    I think part of the unpopularity so to speak will be that the original family section was a 1st generation thing. By that I mean people who sat there as kids will have moved on and found their own area over the years. I was 9 or 10 when the FF was built and went in there with my mum and grandad.

25 years later, I take my own daughter and the thought of moving back down from the upper never crossed my mind. We have had seats in the upper for years now and that's where we sit. I'm sure others of my generation feel the same about the East and West.

Aside from anything else the FF lower must be the most boring place in the stadium to sit now. It's about 2/3s empty every week. Who wants to take an easily distracted child in there?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I could, but it would be good to do it in the FF lower, thats where I had my first family memories.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Atmosphere tends not to be manufactured.

For me, atmosphere goes deeper than simply fans singing. Just general noise from the support which is pretty much in response to what is happening on the pitch. Be that roaring the team on during encouraging passages of play, poor refereeing, foul play from opposition etc.

Some of the best atmospheres I’ve enjoyed at Easter Road haven’t really seen song singing at the forefront of it all.

how many different reasons (excuses) are in this thread, justyfing why people are reluctant to join in a singsong is really poor. No point in listing them all.

My only advice to those and any others -
    Break the habit and sing a long the next time and encourage your father, offspring or your friend next you to do the same.

You won't get blacklisted or ejected from the stadium

Quote Originally Posted by seanshow View Post
    how many different reasons (excuses) are in this thread, justyfing why people are reluctant to join in a singsong is really poor. No point in listing them all.

My only advice to those and any others -
    Break the habit and sing a long the next time and encourage your father, offspring or your friend next you to do the same.

You won't get blacklisted or ejected from the stadium
    People don't need an "excuse" not to sing. It's not part of the condition of entry.

Good and fair questions. I’m not sure the answer but for minimal disruption I would try establish another family friendly area in the stadium. Whether that’s the South lower with entry via the East stand passage way or a corner of the East or even West Lower. I have mentioned the idea of a Cat B ticket also with the chance to attend Cat A games if they want - but we often hear people say they won’t take kids to old firm games which is fine but maybe the adult wants to go and could save some £ if Cat B only. But making sure the club doesn’t lose £.

I remember when younger sitting behind the goals before the FF was built then in the main stand lower then in the FF lower and all have fond memories but there wasn’t much difference except a few other kids.

I think one of the biggest issues stopping a move is as far as I’m aware the club improved/ spent ££ improving the concourse to make it kid friendly.

Obviously the main issue is upsetting current ST holders and relocating them but the thing is right now the FF lower is rarely even close to being full. The big test will be the derby - if it still has loads of empty seats then our really have to wonder what’s going on.

It’s a sad state situation we are in when the stand named after the famous five has got into this condition..behind the goals being shut - lower section often sparsely populated. It needs brought back to life with the displays and noise.

As has been mentioned before if you create a fun area it’s a place over time the kids grow up and then move to..then they can retire to the West stand or East Stand or even family section elsewhere. I’m not saying get rid of the East singing area - but let’s try both. We have had several games when folk in west upper have been in hospitality and made a good amount of noise with a small group - it’s possible to make Easter Road more fun again the club just needs to be creative and not afraid of change.

Its 2021. The whole stadium should be seen as family friendly.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

It’s simply a no brainer that the FF lower needs to be changed next season.

Whether it’s rebranded the singing section or safe standing section (obviously this would involve a cost to install) or even the community section with cheaper tickets in reserved seating.

But something has to change to make ER more appealing to everyone…having seen some other countries games even if the game is awful and your team lose having a loud vocal support makes the occasion more entertaining. But on the whole it really helps grow a connection between players and fans plus helps the team with support.

The challenge is upsetting folk in the FF lower but I think Hibs need to look at the full stadium set up and make changes to fill it up.

Correct me if I’m wrong it wasn’t even that long ago Hibs had a scheme that you could resell your seat if you couldn’t attend.

Hibs TV still showing live games - the cost of tickets / living and fans not fully convinced by Jack Ross seem to be main issues people aren’t attending but a fresh idea of allowing fans to stand behind the goals would add some novelty to boost numbers and hopefully get better back into the habit or even encourage new fans to attend. We are fortunate we have a great stadium but it’s not being used to its potential.
    I like my seat in the ffl (sec17). Been in there since the 2015 season when I started taking the kids. I like my seat and in all likelihood, if those in the ffl get moved it will be to the really **** seats on the end of a stand. I've been right at the end of the main before closest to the FFL and it was horrible