hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You do know Connolly was an actual Hibs fan? So this chat about being like Celtic isn’t really accurate.
    If you think the use of his name or image has anything to do with him being a hibs fan rather than trying to drag Irish politics into our support your kidding yourself.

For evidence just have a look at the rebel night comment.

It's also just a side story of the group acting like a bunch of bellends

2. Log in to remove the advert

You do know Connolly was an actual Hibs fan? So this chat about being like Celtic isn’t really accurate.

Did you go to the game today and witness the behaviour of those Idiots

Also, can you please tell me what raking up crap about the Irish Rebellion has to do with supporting Hibs? Or for that matter, bullying a bunch of kids?
    Last edited by HNA2; 11-12-2021 at 08:24 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Yeah I do, if you read my post further up I acknowledge that and being a hibs fan for almost 50 years I think Im pretty aware of that thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Yeah I do, if you read my post further up I acknowledge that and being a hibs fan for almost 50 years I think Im pretty aware of that thanks
    **** me, I think you’ve dropped your handbag.
    Don’t be so touchy.

Think its more about the IRA/republican stuff that bothers folk rather than Connolly. I bumped into this group a couple of years ago when we went for a couple of pints in dundee after a game. They got thrown out of the pub because of the party songs. I actually thought they were celtic fans until they appeared on our train back to edinburgh. No place for that crap at hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Did you go to the game today and witness the behaviour of those idiots?

Also, can you please tell me what raking up crap about the Irish Rebellion has to do with supporting Hibs? Or for that matter, bullying a bunch of kids?
    It doesn’t surprise me one bit. There’s a lot of bullying and antisocial behaviour going about.
    Last edited by HNA2; 11-12-2021 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    Think its more about the IRA/republican stuff that bothers folk rather than Connolly. I bumped into this group a couple of years ago when we went for a couple of pints in dundee after a game. They got thrown out of the pub because of the party songs. I actually thought they were celtic fans until they appeared on our train back to edinburgh. No place for that crap at hibs.

That's exactly the point that a large number of Hibbies have been making for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    If you think the use of his name or image has anything to do with him being a hibs fan rather than trying to drag Irish politics into our support your kidding yourself.

For evidence just have a look at the rebel night comment.

It's also just a side story of the group acting like a bunch of bellends
    What about it? There isn't one i just went on a fishing trip. Although before covid I went to the Wolfetones at McSorleys in Edinburgh and there was plenty well known Hibs faces there, guys that have been home and away for 50 years. They obviously never got the memo about going to Parkhead either.

Did you go to the game today and witness the behaviour of those Idiots?

I stand corrected that there was ********s being ********s - never witnessed any of it. Still fail to see the relevance that a daft printed piece of polyester has to do with it though.

Anyway this is getting boring. Back on topic - FF lower for a standing section anyone....
    Last edited by HNA2; 11-12-2021 at 08:23 PM.

It doesn’t surprise me one bit. There’s a lot of bullying and antisocial behaviour going about.

So can you see why some of us are peed off about it?

I mean, do we really need to put some kind of security cordon round a group of teenage Hibs fans that are purely trying to support the team on the pitch?

Last edited by HNA2; 11-12-2021 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    What about it? There isn't one i just went on a fishing trip. Although before covid I went to the Wolfetones at McSorleys in Edinburgh and there was plenty well known Hibs faces there, guys that have been home and away for 50 years. They obviously never got the memo about going to Parkhead either.

I stand corrected that there was ********s being ********s - never witnessed any of it. Still fail to see the relevance that a daft printed piece of polyester has to do with it though.

Anyway this is getting boring. Back on topic - FF lower for a standing section anyone....
    I'll give you that one mate bit early 😉.....

Like I said I didn't use the name because of the flag but because it was indicated that was the name of the collective who were causing the problems

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I was near the back and the group up there had a few chants directed at the block seven guys with accusing them of “grassing n their own”.

No idea what’s going on but if different fan groups are falling out with each other it certainly won’t help with enhancing the atmosphere.

So can you see why some of us are pi55ed off about it?

I mean, do we really need to put some kind of security cordon round a group of teenage Hibs fans that are purely trying to support the team on the pitch?

Yeah, of course. If there was bullying, definitely condemn that, get it to ****. If there was Connolly flags being flown, i don’t really have a problem with a great historical Hibby being referenced like that. And I don’t even have a strong position re-Irish republicanism.

In terms of atmosphere at Easter Road I just don't think enough Hibs fans actually care enough to make a difference. Our attendances are at least 5 or 6 times the size of Livis yet their group of noisy fans/singing section is bigger than our own. That's embarrassing in itself but it shows the lack of appetite to get involved from the majority of Hibs fans

OK, why not.

OK, why not.
    I think it should be trialled at one of the Scottish Cup games this year

Left by mutual consent!
    So now Ross is gone we can expect a full house during the week.. aye will it ****, part time fans can **** off (covid worriers/isolators excepted)

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Poison

1) Why would people who have put in time, effort and money following Hibs, who have an Edinburgh born Hibs fan on a flag goto Parkhead FFS?

2) What regular bother at Hibs away games? There is literally never any bother at Hibs away games. Genuinely can't think of any trouble at any Hibs game in seasons? A few scraps after the Huns semi-final a few weeks ago and that's about it.

Our away support is that sanitised these days that anyone who dares go to an away game and not treat it like an afternoon at the Playhouse is a drunken thug and "not welcome here".

Can't help but feel you'll be disappointed with the lack of replies. Players are barely in tunnel and you're on here greeting and the only response you've got is me calling it BS

If you don't want to witness any unsavoury scenes I'd probably give Hampden a miss next Sunday if I was you.
    My son was unfortunately sitting in the same part of the stand as these guys. He said the atmosphere was poisonous at times. He was quite upset actually.

Did you not witness this today?

@hibs.net private member
    Sat a few rows down from them I heard one of them shout I think this is a since 1875 reunion didn't think it was to posinous but a few songs against block 7 but the handbags after the game were out of order.

Quote Originally Posted by JXM73 View Post
    So now Ross is gone we can expect a full house during the week.. aye will it ****, part time fans can **** off (covid worriers/isolators excepted)
    The part time fans have ****ed off already.

Probably more due to the fact we are a hard watch just now rather than anything else.

First Team Breakthrough
    It’s funny when you see some hibs fans get triggered when hibs and anything to do with Ireland get mentioned in the same sentence. Can smell the staunch from here! No amount of denying the clubs history can get away from the fact that hibs were set up by irish people to help irish immigrants in Edinburgh. If people want to have an affinity with that they should be able to do so without getting told to go to Celtic park. If folk don’t so be it hibs are for everyone. Bit of respect all round needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=tmb1875;6779884]It’s funny when you see some hibs fans get triggered when hibs and anything to do with Ireland get mentioned in the same sentence. Can smell the staunch from here! No amount of denying the clubs history can get away from the fact that hibs were set up by irish people to help irish immigrants in Edinburgh. If people want to have an affinity with that they should be able to do so without getting told to go to Celtic park. If folk don’t so be it hibs are for everyone. Bit of respect all round needed.

The James connelly connection never "triggered" me. The out of order behaviour towards other hibs fans did. On the topic tho the undertones of the "irish" connection , including unnaveptable shouts and songs are divisive and have no more of a place than the sectarian elements at Tyrie or though the west