hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Atmosphere

First Team Breakthrough
    You don’t know who it was carrying out the misdemeanours you noted so let’s not be hammering the new group for that. If you want to blame them for something there guilty of a poor 1st attempt at a tifo but hats off to them for giving up time and money to try and get something going, the more experience they get the better the group will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by tmb1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don’t know who it was carrying out the misdemeanours you noted so let’s not be hammering the new group for that. If you want to blame them for something there guilty of a poor 1st attempt at a tifo but hats off to them for giving up time and money to try and get something going, the more experience they get the better the group will be.

I don’t want to blame them for anything, but - apparently - there have been issues with songs about the IRA, smoke bombs and some fighting from around that group. If that wasn’t them, fair enough.

Hats off to folk for making a display, that’s great, it doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be called out for the other stuff that’s being associated with them at the moment.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I don’t want to blame them for anything, but - apparently - there have been issues with songs about the IRA, smoke bombs and some fighting from around that group. If that wasn’t them, fair enough.

Hats off to folk for making a display, that’s great, it doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be called out for the other stuff that’s being associated with them at the moment.
    You can’t ‘call them out’ if you don’t know if it was them.

First Team Breakthrough

That’s all I’m saying, if they’re in the wrong fair do’s. it’s hear say that they are to blame unless there is evidence to back up claims. Just Because someone said it on hibs.net shouldn’t be taken as the gospel.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by tmb1875 View Post
    That’s all I’m saying, if they’re in the wrong fair do’s. it’s hear say that they are to blame unless there is evidence to back up claims. Just Because someone said it on hibs.net shouldn’t be taken as the gospel.

There were multiple sources, including some people i know who saw it first hand.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHibee View Post
    You can’t ‘call them out’ if you don’t know if it was them.

There were multiple sources, including some people i know who saw it first hand.
    So what did they see?

🤡

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHibee View Post
    So what did they see?
    Stuff already mentioned on the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    So by the same token why cant the same be done in the east ? Surely by the same means that group could grow and move along the east, a whole stand with around 5/6000 bouncing around with flags etc would be more noisy and intimidating than 1500 or whatever the FF lower holds
    This just isn’t going to happen in the East. While the East isn’t the new west it does have many supporters who are just happy having a good view of the game. Nothing wrong with keeping a singing section in the East but I would rather have a Motherwell size group making 90 mins of noise then no noise at all.

The FF lower would allow a space where flags / displays / drums etc could be stored / waved etc.

Would the FF upper be difficult for parents with kids to go up the stairs if it moved there ?

Hibs have to start thinking about this soon and make a change - especially when new season ticket information comes out.

If they release ST info and there is no change - someone isn’t doing their job properly and understanding the issues and potential to improve ER.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    This just isn’t going to happen in the East. While the East isn’t the new west it does have many supporters who are just happy having a good view of the game. Nothing wrong with keeping a singing section in the East but I would rather have a Motherwell size group making 90 mins of noise then no noise at all.

The FF lower would allow a space where flags / displays / drums etc could be stored / waved etc.

Would the FF upper be difficult for parents with kids to go up the stairs if it moved there ?

Hibs have to start thinking about this soon and make a change - especially when new season ticket information comes out.

If they release ST info and there is no change - someone isn’t doing their job properly and understanding the issues and potential to improve ER.
    That Motherwell sized group are also sited in a similar position at Fir Park and normally make plenty noise, why cant our supporters do the same ? I agree that fans have paid up for good seats in the East and wont want to shift either, whether it be one or two seats or blocks, why then should fans in the lower FF have to face the same situation, whether that be FF upper or the West wings

I was in the FF lower for a while when the kids were younger, I was upper first and then moved to lower before moving again. Whatever happens it has to suit all parties and at a time where we are struggling to get bums on seats throughout the entire stadium we dont want to be pissing off groups of fans

Im sure whatever the plans are they will be met with challenges and the marketing folk will have to be on the ball. I think we all want the same thing, cant beat Easter Road when its rocking

That Motherwell sized group are also sited in a similar position at Fir Park and normally make plenty noise, why cant our supporters do the same ? I agree that fans have paid up for good seats in the East and wont want to shift either, whether it be one or two seats or blocks, why then should fans in the lower FF have to face the same situation, whether that be FF upper or the West wings

I was in the FF lower for a while when the kids were younger, I was upper first and then moved to lower before moving again. Whatever happens it has to suit all parties and at a time where we are struggling to get bums on seats throughout the entire stadium we dont want to be pissing off groups of fans

Im sure whatever the plans are they will be met with challenges and the marketing folk will have to be on the ball. I think we all want the same thing, cant beat Easter Road when its rocking
    I think you make fair points but I think Motherwell have family section behind their goal?

I don’t know the exact number of ST in FF lower but looking at the stadium seating plan you can roughly work it out.

Add in the fact folk just aren’t turning up. Now you could say Hibs don’t mind as they have the money but I think we have to look at the bigger picture to benefit the whole stadium experience which they keep talking about.

Those in FF lower would get first pick of any new seats and even possibly a discount to renew and move elsewhere to new family section (south / lower west / east corner / ff upper) or a seat in another part of stadium.

I’ve sat in FF lower and it wasn’t as family friendly as you would expect. Several parents swearing and yelling regularly.

I hope Hibs do feeeback or some research and ask what fans want before new ST information is released.

There is also an issue just now - what does Gold ST really get you? Are they doing monthly draws ? Free training session ? I don’t see any benefits except a central seat which currently isn’t making much difference as loads of empty seats and some fans move into empty seats.

Left by mutual consent!

If the East Stand was the same height as their side stand, I'd agree it could be easily done. Problem is our East is so big, so even if you have 20 or so folk standing and singing all game (particularly down the front) it just gets lost and doesn't really carry much. The ideal place (short of the FF Lower) would be the top of 43 again, but it seems like fewer and fewer singers are up there these days. If I was Hibs, I'd advertise 43, 44 and 45 as the 'atmosphere' parts of the ground, and advise season ticket holders/walk-ups buying there that they can expect to be standing for 90 minutes there. The atmosphere - even in recent games - has been night and day when the majority of 43/44 have been standing too

First Team Breakthrough
    At the end of the day, sitting down doesn't lend itself to singing. And neither does having big gaps of empty seats. Singing is a communal thing, and people need to be together for it to happen.
    Apart from that, the seat pricing means that the boisterous young fans who are most up for a singalong have been replaced by more affluent older supporters.

It would help if we were winning regularly in an entertaining manner, and the absentee ST holders turned up, but I can't see the atmosphere returning until we get a safe standing area.

we need something to sing about.

I am also getting to old to sing.

only certain games will create atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    If the East Stand was the same height as their side stand, I'd agree it could be easily done. Problem is our East is so big, so even if you have 20 or so folk standing and singing all game (particularly down the front) it just gets lost and doesn't really carry much. The ideal place (short of the FF Lower) would be the top of 43 again, but it seems like fewer and fewer singers are up there these days. If I was Hibs, I'd advertise 43, 44 and 45 as the 'atmosphere' parts of the ground, and advise season ticket holders/walk-ups buying there that they can expect to be standing for 90 minutes there. The atmosphere - even in recent games - has been night and day when the majority of 43/44 have been standing too
    I doubt the club can be seen to be saying there's an area where you can expect to be standing when it isn't a proper safe standing area.

Slight change of topic, but watching the Brentford - Watford game, the place was jumping well after the final whistle. Despite being 1-0 down until the 84th minute, no-one appeared to be 'sneaking out'. Then Brentford score two goals in the final few minutes to win the game. As the Brentford players and manager go round the pitchside at the end, it looked as if not one fan left their seat to move towards the exit. Contrast that with Easter Road, when people leave early and there's the rush to the exit. Even after a Derby win, there is the rush to the exit.

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Slight change of topic, but watching the Brentford - Watford game, the place was jumping well after the final whistle. Despite being 1-0 down until the 84th minute, no-one appeared to be 'sneaking out'. Then Brentford score two goals in the final few minutes to win the game. As the Brentford players and manager go round the pitchside at the end, it looked as if not one fan left their seat to move towards the exit. Contrast that with Easter Road, when people leave early and there's the rush to the exit. Even after a Derby win, there is the rush to the exit.
    Brentford's atmosphere is helped by having a good pub at every corner of the ground - terrific place to watch a game

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by son of haggart View Post
    Brentford's atmosphere is helped by having a good pub at every corner of the ground - terrific place to watch a game
    They have moved since Griffin park mate. Was one of the best away days on the circuit.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Not now unless you’re still in one of them!

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    They have moved since Griffin park mate. Was one of the best away days on the circuit.
    That's what happens when you get old and move away from London!

Was there in about 2012 with a bunch of Germans - crazy night in the pub which ended with the Germans up on stage doing Mass Marlene Deitrich impressions and singing their national anthem.....

Was thinking the same tonight 👍

What a great night those fans had - staying past the full time whistle to celebrate with their team. At ER even after a win the ground is pretty much empty by the time the players have shaken hands and getting ready to applaud the fans. Our mass clear out starts at about 78 minutes or if we got 2 goals down. We don’t seem to score many late goals funnily enough …

Easter Road is not great for atmos, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Was thinking the same tonight ��

What a great night those fans had - staying past the full time whistle to celebrate with their team. At ER even after a win the ground is pretty much empty by the time the players have shaken hands and getting ready to applaud the fans. Our mass clear out starts at about 78 minutes or if we got 2 goals down. We don’t seem to score many late goals funnily enough …
    Yes, funny that. Does "fans leave early" equate to "lack of high tempo ending to games". Taking that a bit further does "lack of fans in the stands at the start of the game" equate to "low tempo starts to games".

There have been lots of great fans led initiatives over the years, but how about each individual fan making a little bit more effort to be in the ground and at their seat at 2:45pm on a Saturday afternoon, instead of making that late dash from the boozer. And postpone the leaving the seated area until after the game. Surely, that's not too much to ask.

I'm not a singer, but even me shouting encouragement all helps. It's increasing the decibel levels with whatever helps to create the sound of noise. Banging a drum or singing melodic songs about Paul Hanlon alone won't create that noise. It's each and every fan shouting, chanting and singing from the rafters. Let's make some noise; if only!

The leaving early seems to be getting worse. I live about 15 mins walk from easter road yet i see 2 of my close neighbours leave on about 80/85 mins every week. They are not leaving to miss traffic etc because they walk home. More and more are doing this. Must be difficult for the players seeing this. I get it if we are 3 down with 10 mins to go but not when we are chasing games. Lets cheer them to the end. Its our team, support them.

Get everybody p1ssed. Now that sounds like a plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Was thinking the same tonight 👍

Amazing what can happen when there is something worth watching on the pitch…

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Amazing what can happen when there is something worth watching on the pitch…
    I think your missing the point being made. Even after a thrilling win, the players have hardly shook hands with the referee and there's a dash to the stairwell and exit. Last night, Brentford were going round the pitch long after the final whistle and it looked as if the majority were in their seated area. That was after Brentford had been one down up until the 84th minute. That never happens at Easter Road (fans staying to applaud their team well after the final whistle), exciting game or not.

I think your missing the point being made. Even after a thrilling win, the players have hardly shook hands with the referee and there's a dash to the stairwell and exit. Last night, Brentford were going round the pitch long after the final whistle and it looked as if the majority were in their seated area. That was after Brentford had been one down up until the 84th minute. That never happens at Easter Road (fans staying to applaud their team well after the final whistle), exciting game or not.
    Has that always been the case say in the 70's and 80',s?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Do you not think it’s a bit like comparing apples and oranges comparing us to Brentford though?

They just secured a great result at a higher level than they’ve been at in donkeys. Of course their fans will be ecstatic.

It’s arguably the equivalent of a good European result for Hibs - when our fans would be more than happy to acclaim the team.

SoL under the lights after a huge game is the envy of many clubs - and we have it to ourselves.