hibs.net Messageboard

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Hibs v The Hun

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scott Allan isn't a consistent player. If he was, at his peak he'd have been on a massive sum in the Premiership down south.
    He is averaging a goal/assist for every 75 minutes played this season. How much more consistent can he be? It’s now a case that if he doesn’t come on and change a game he’s labelled as brutal, inconsistent or whatever.

If he’s inconsistent, what are all these guys that have been playing week in, week out when we’ve been losing?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Sad that our most technically gifted player can’t get a look in

Chucked on with 4 minutes to play was a disgrace
    It wasn't really Scott is gifted but is nowhere near our most effective player and hasn't been for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    10 points is a minimum for the next four League games and I know every game is a must win but Saturday is a big one.
    It has to be our aspiration ,but other teams see we are losing a lot of games and if they can play a system that nullifies Boyle they know we can be vulnerable at the back as the game progresses
    And with three games a week and not a lot of options off the bench it’s a big ask
    Murphy needs more game time to get match fit as Will Doidge But we need to manage that so neither breaks down agin this month
    McGennis is s big miss and Gogic seems to be so far out the picture that if Halberg is fit he would be better getting game time . However he was about to leave before injured so can see him being moved on inJanuary Window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I'd have to disagree. If Scott Allan had the fitness levels of Josh Campbell or Kyle Mageniss (or indeed Newell) then he'd be starting.
    I don’t think it’s as black and white. Players have different attributes and you need to find a balance. As I said elsewhere, as much as I’m sticking up a fair bit for Allan, it’s not all about getting Scott Allan in the team for me. I just think we need someone that compliments the others and gives us that creativity that they lack, whoever that might be and at the moment Allan is the only one it really could be. Playing with that three in that system we’ll still get the odd result but won’t get them consistently IMO.

He’s not going to get to a good level of fitness without playing.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Mueller and Tait both look like promising signings. The key is using them properly.
    Surely thats the key to any player ever?

First Team Breakthrough
    Honestly don’t get some folk on here, Scott Allan has more goals and assists than jdh, newell and Campbell combined. They’ve all had more minutes than him. You want to watch folk do plenty running go to an athletics track you want to watch your team score goals get Allan in the starting 11. The guy himself has said he wants to start and never been fitter. Lazy narrative that he can’t tackle etc.. he would be no worse than joe newell off the ball that’s for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tmb1875 View Post
    Honestly don’t get some folk on here, Scott Allan has more goals and assists than jdh, newell and Campbell combined. They’ve all had more minutes than him. You want to watch folk do plenty running go to an athletics track you want to watch your team score goals get Allan in the starting 11. The guy himself has said he wants to start and never been fitter. Lazy narrative that he can’t tackle etc.. he would be no worse than joe newell off the ball that’s for sure.

He would. Newall is very good off the ball.

He also gets more goals and assists than Mcginn ever did. Not a good argument

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrimbetween View Post
    Scunnred to say the least

F T O F and the S F A
    FTR to be precise.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He would. Newall is very good off the ball.

He also gets more goals and assists than Mcginn ever did. Not a good argument
    Wrong, mcginn chipped in with goals and assists at hibs and even more so now at villa/Scotland. Look at his stats .
    They’re midfielders there job is to provide the strikers with opportunities to score and help protect the defence from runs into our box aswell as setting up attacks. Newell not good off the ball, however what he does do well sometimes is recover from the hole he put himself in. Ie not tracking a runner but when someone else slows down that runner newell nips in will get the ball sometimes, there chance in the box in the 2nd half where there player shot into the side netting perfectly sums newell up off the ball for me.
    Again only in my opinion.

He is way worse than Newell off the ball.

Newell, as well as being very fit and athletic is very defensively sharp and keeps shape very well. That's not Allan's game at all.

First Team Breakthrough
    He’s not been played as centre mid for jr so how would you know. He’s said himself numerous times he’s better a wee bit deeper and more central to make things happen. Anyway it won’t matter what I think just my thoughts.

He’s not been played as centre mid for jr so how would you know. He’s said himself numerous times he’s better a wee bit deeper and more central to make things happen. Anyway it won’t matter what I think just my thoughts.

Because I've watched him over many years at Hibs? How else are we forming opinions on players? What a strange thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    He is way worse than Newell off the ball.

Newell, as well as being very fit and athletic is very defensively sharp and keeps shape very well. That's not Allan's game at all.
    Yep. Newell has had a great season on the pitch for us thus far. It’s the number 10 role that is up for grabs.