hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since nobody else answered, the reason is because it's never been illegal to be straight. This is a group for the people who are LGBTQ+ to be comfortable and feel welcomed in an incredibly homophobic sport.

This is inclusion, it's for everyone and giving marginalised communities a safe space is to feel like their not alone is vital in the running of a successful football club.

Personally think it's outstanding we've got this group going and hopefully it grows to be massive/we get many more!
    Well said!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Since nobody else answered, the reason is because it's never been illegal to be straight. This is a group for the people who are LGBTQ+ to be comfortable and feel welcomed in an incredibly homophobic sport.

This is inclusion, it's for everyone and giving marginalised communities a safe space is to feel like their not alone is vital in the running of a successful football club.

Personally think it's outstanding we've got this group going and hopefully it grows to be massive/we get many more!
    Hear Hear

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Hey if everyone is meant to be treated the same, then why do we need different groups for people, does this not determine that they are different for some reason? I am confused Burns said we were awe Jock Tamsons bairns.
    No he didny

Hey if everyone is meant to be treated the same, then why do we need different groups for people, does this not determine that they are different for some reason? I am confused Burns said we were awe Jock Tamsons bairns.
    jesus wept

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar

Think Burns also said, 'Wha's like us, gie few....Set phasers to malkie....Freeedom....Fandabydozy and Gonnae no dae that..' I wish he'd also said 'You're a fanny..'

100%

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    A few years back we'd have hundreds, if not thousands singing that an owner of a rival club "sucked off" a rival player, similarly we'd have songs like "all the Hibees are gay" sung at us in equal numbers. All of it was meant in a negative manner with no thought as to what sort of environment that would make going to the football. Nobody batted an eyelid as quite frankly it was seen as acceptable banter at the time.

I think setting up groups such as this one to show that attitudes and indeed football stadia has changed for the better is the least that can be done.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    A few years back we'd have hundreds, if not thousands singing that an owner of a rival club "sucked off" a rival player, similarly we'd have songs like "all the Hibees are gay" sung at us in equal numbers. All of it was meant in a negative manner with no thought as to what sort of environment that would make going to the football. Nobody batted an eyelid as quite frankly it was seen as acceptable banter at the time.

I think setting up groups such as this one to show that attitudes and indeed football stadia has changed for the better is the least that can be done.
    Absolutely spot on.

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

And anyone that disagrees is either stuck in the 60s or just a straight up homophobic loser. No need for hate or discrimination these days, especially towards our own. I hope they have a great Pride day and continue to inspire the young LGBTQ+ generation of Hibbys.

I assume you feel this way about supporters clubs as well?

For example, there shouldn't be a North East hibs supporters club, as we're all Scottish after all.

@hibs.net private member
    The Hibernian LBGTQ+ was very evident at Pride today. A great event and nice to see the a group of Hibs fans flying their flag amongst 1000s of others

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    The Hibernian LBGTQ+ was very evident at Pride today. A great event and nice to see the a group of Hibs fans flying their flag amongst 1000s of others
    I’m just back from a meal in town myself and lots of stragglers from Pride staggering home, some drink has been consumed and folk have clearly had fun. I like living in a city where these events can take place with a feeling that it’s a welcoming place for gays trans community and Hibs were well represented Less and less places around the world where Pride events are easy to stage, sadly .

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Great to hear, hoping to see some pictures later with the flag flying !

@hibs.net private member
    Went for a big walk round the town with the youngest. Was great seeing everyone walking to pride, tons of flags and glad rags worn. Was like crowds walking towards a cup final with everyone smiling and excited.

Edinburgh is unparalleled on days like this, bit of sun and cafes and bars full outside

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by EdinMike View Post
    Great to hear, hoping to see some pictures later with the flag flying !
    https://www.facebook.com/HibernianFo...TvHdFMNcxDqYal

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    My daughter is a member of the group and was there today with the many friends she’s made by being part of the group.

Such a beneficial initiative for both the club and the people involved.

Proud dad 💚💚

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Mainwaring View Post
    My daughter is a member of the group and was there today with the many friends she’s made by being part of the group.

Proud dad 💚💚
    Great stuff
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Proud dad 💚💚
    Best post of the close season. Thanks for sharing.

Great initiative by the club. Proud that this is a club open to everyone and everyone can feel welcome regardless of sexual orientation, race, gender etc etc.

Always going to be a minority of sad, small minded morons that want to make an issue of it on social media. Pathetic really. Don't see why anyone at all would have a problem with a group that is doing nobody any harm and is simply trying to make people from a group that has so often in the past been wrongly marginalized and ridiculed within society feel included and valued (because they are!).

If its not your cup of tea then fine, you don't have to join or be part of it but don't criticize and belittle others who do. Social media is just toxic sometimes and it brings out all the cowardly bullies of the day because they can act the big hard man/woman whilst hiding behind a screen.

Well done to the group and everyone involved in this initiative. A really positive, progressive thing and I hope its something that other clubs follow suit with.
    Last edited by 21.05.2016; 26-06-2022 at 08:27 AM.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Great stuff, well done everyone involved.

Proud dad 💚💚
    You should be. Your daughter and her friends are a credit to this football club.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Proud dad 💚💚
    Great post

Proud dad 💚💚
    Saw the pics on Facebook. Looks like e everybody had a great day.

Our football club was literally founded as a means of helping an underrepresented and marginalised group.

Unfortunately in life, not everyone is treated the same, that's the point. Drawing attention to the mistreatment of minority groups and taking action to counter that mistreatment has always been a necessary exercise in society and it always will be.

Hey, maybe read this. As long as folk are being abused, there's a need. Unfortunately LGBTQ+ people's experiences in some main stream settings are not positive, so to feel safe, it's important to feel a sense of belonging. It's really not that complicated to understand.

Homophobia large portion of online abuse aimed at footballers and basketballers - study - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61912426

Ask yourself honestly, if you heard someone shout homophobic abuse during a game would you challenge it? When the term of difference is being used to cause harm, there's still a need to support those impacted by that difference.

Feel free to come along to our next meeting, it's open to all, you might learn a lot!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    We were in town on Saturday and saw loads of folk that had come from the march and the atmosphere was fantastic, looked like a great event.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    I'm all for inclusivity and diversity. Hibs have always been a club that embraced this.

If our LGBTQ supporters feel comfortable and empowered by joining this branch of the supporters club, what's not too like?