hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Block 7"?

Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our city neighbours, some will jump on that but their attendances are what ours should be.
    They’re not selling run of the mill league games but they are getting more in to the stadium than us.

The map for tomorrow looks really poor (and that’s before you consider quite a few of those seats that are sold will be unoccupied).

2. Log in to remove the advert

Think theres a few reasons our attendances are down. Rangers/celtic/hertz have remained strong. Huns...league champs. Celtic...new manager/decent signings. Hertz...promoted and big chip on shoulder after being demoted. Hibs had a good last season but it all ended very flat after cup final etc. There was no buzz about the club at the start of the season. Hopefully things are starting to look up now. You saw how beating huns at hampden that one game can lift the whole club. Fans will start to drift back...it just takes a bit of time....and a few big wins.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

The map for tomorrow looks really poor (and that’s before you consider quite a few of those seats that are sold will be unoccupied).
    Yes, the FF Lower will look virtually empty tomorrow night.

Yes, the FF Lower will look virtually empty tomorrow night.
    You need to back tae keekback.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Anybody who compares hearts attendances with ours needs to have a look at their games on the telly. There were masses of spaces at tiny on Saturday. Not sure what they claimed as the attendance but it sure as **** wasn't north of 14000

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    You need to back tae keekback.
    No, the problem with the FF Lower is a current hot topic and related to this thread. It is where Block 7 should be located long term. That fact is clear as day.

And our home attendances this season are a concern. You said it yourself, we need results in the bigger games to get people back.
    Last edited by 90274; 30-11-2021 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Covid?
    And live TV.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Gnome View Post
    Think it's been said a few times on here that cutting prices by a few quid doesn't really have the desired effect, to any great level anyway.

Putting them up though is always going to give people the opportunity to bother less often or not at all.

Fair to say Hibs are suffering from this more than others? Most other attendances look steady, both from the fake figures and how stadiums look on match day. ER is about half empty though, and at least 2k down on where we'd realistically look to be.

There's been many studies which show that price cutting, unless really dramatic, has very little effect on attendances. I agree, is someone who won't pay £26 to go to The Well game on Saturday going to go if its reduced to £22 or even £20? I seriously doubt it. At the end of the day it's the product on the park which sells tickets. Demand also creates demand. When we had 14k season tickets, the walk ups sold quickly because there weren't many spare tickets, now there are plenty. Add to that the continuing pandemic uncertainty and our erratic form and the downturn in numbers is understandable. Win the cup and we'll sell a decent number of half season tickets.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    There's been many studies which show that price cutting, unless really dramatic, has very little effect on attendances. I agree, is someone who won't pay £26 to go to The Well game on Saturday going to go if its reduced to £22 or even £20? I seriously doubt it. At the end of the day it's the product on the park which sells tickets. Demand also creates demand. When we had 14k season tickets, the walk ups sold quickly because there weren't many spare tickets, now there are plenty. Add to that the continuing pandemic uncertainty and our erratic form and the downturn in numbers is understandable. Win the cup and we'll sell a decent number of half season tickets.
    Good Post, when put like that the SPFL really have shafted Hibs. I wonder how many half season tickets we might have sold with the guarantee of a Cup Final Ticket?

With more tickets available an offer could have been run but the club went with two per season ticket.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    And live TV.
    Yep season ticket holders able to watch the game in their house will be an undoubted factor plus live tv. Wouldn't miss tomorrow for the world think it will be an excellent game.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Everything noted there is valid but I think, ultimately, it just comes down to how much folk want to go and watch. A lot of folk, whatever the reason, just aren’t that fussed for going to watch this team. Season ticket holders next to me aren’t turning up all the time and it’s not really for any other reason than the fact they can’t really be bothered.

Of all the reasons I think Covid will probably be having the smallest impact. There will undoubtedly be people who are steering clear of this type of setting but I don’t think it’ll account for too big a number of the empty seats.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    We
    Other clubs are selling out run of the mill League Games and stadiums are full in England. We have almost sold out for a Cup Final but our home attendances remain poor. Large away supports taken to Motherwell, Hearts, Dundee, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen.
    Performances on the pitch will always dictate our attendance figures.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Out of interest do displays require approval from Hibs before they are displayed?
    I would imagine the club would want to know , especially if it involves some sort of wording .

Not meaning to disagree with anybody regarding performances, but two of our last three games have been pretty exciting.

Hopefully we can keep that going and encourage people to attend more regularly. Winning the League Cup would definitely help as well :)

FWIW,I do know one person that doesn't want to go to games just now because they're worried about Covid, though obviously I've no idea how widespread that is.

How a request from the Block 7 guys can turn into the usual suspects slagging the club again is highly depressing.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    How a request from the Block 7 guys can turn into the usual suspects slagging the club again is highly depressing.
    That not singular

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    You can't exactly have a red line on every thread which somehow or supposedly can't be crossed.

And naturally, supporter group ambitions becomes a talking point about the size of support when there aren't enough supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Everything noted there is valid but I think, ultimately, it just comes down to how much folk want to go and watch. A lot of folk, whatever the reason, just aren’t that fussed for going to watch this team. Season ticket holders next to me aren’t turning up all the time and it’s not really for any other reason than the fact they can’t really be bothered.

Of all the reasons I think Covid will probably be having the smallest impact. There will undoubtedly be people who are steering clear of this type of setting but I don’t think it’ll account for too big a number of the empty seats.
    Covid right now will be having a small impact, but the biggest impact for me is coming out of the pandemic - people being used to not going, the habit of watching us on tele last year was easy to say ‘**** it I’ll do something else’ and it’s hard to turn that around. Of course other clubs are the same but it’s easy to see why they’re getting crowds. Rangers and Celtic will sell out regardless when they are in the same league, hearts felt an injustice, got promoted and have started very well. They also gave shedloads of tickets away.

Our support latched onto the boring tag last season and it’s continued this year. I must admit I play Saturdays but still have my season ticket, have barely been this season though, either through playing or going to watch Preston. That’s nothing to do with the team but just find it easier to stay local and get decent value.

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs giving tickets sold as opposed to through the turnstile really does mask the problem.

Attendances have been very poor this season.

You do have to wonder what is the biggest factor on attendances, pricing or the manager and performances on the pitch?
    I think there is a bit of a glass ceiling effect after coming 3rd last year. Hearts are now getting better crowds as they can see an upwards trajectory and don't quite know where the limit is yet. It was the same with us when we got promoted and got better crowds than Hearts who had started to stagnate. We were on the up and we didn't know where the limit was. After a few years, the freshness is lost and its a case of best we can do is 3rd and we play the same teams 4 times. I think Aberdeen have suffered from this too.

Not sure what you do to address this but its fairly symptomatic of having 2 dominant teams sharing the top prize between themselves and stifling competition.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Covid right now will be having a small impact, but the biggest impact for me is coming out of the pandemic - people being used to not going, the habit of watching us on tele last year was easy to say ‘**** it I’ll do something else’ and it’s hard to turn that around. Of course other clubs are the same but it’s easy to see why they’re getting crowds. Rangers and Celtic will sell out regardless when they are in the same league, hearts felt an injustice, got promoted and have started very well. They also gave shedloads of tickets away.

Our support latched onto the boring tag last season and it’s continued this year. I must admit I play Saturdays but still have my season ticket, have barely been this season though, either through playing or going to watch Preston. That’s nothing to do with the team but just find it easier to stay local and get decent value.
    That's the 1st I've heard about Hearts giving loads of tickets away. Where did you hear/read about that one and how many have they given away?

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post

Your example is kind of the point I’m trying to make in that for all the reasons given from cost to Covid to games being on TV, folk just don’t value actually going enough just now. When folk have already parted with their hard earned cash and still aren’t really fussed for going, that’s a problem for the club IMO. As I mentioned there are folk around me who were previously there every week that just pick and choose these days, even though they still have their season ticket.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    That's the 1st I've heard about Hearts giving loads of tickets away. Where did you hear/read about that one and how many have they given away?
    Maybe he meant cheap season tickets, as they didn’t get the full no of games in the championship. Lad I’ve just been on holiday with, him and his wife got £200 off each of their tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Maybe he meant cheap season tickets, as they didn’t get the full no of games in the championship. Lad I’ve just been on holiday with, him and his wife got £200 off each of their tickets
    Ah right, thanks. Bit pointless comparing us to them then.

@hibs.net private member
    My best mate a jambo. Adult & Child season tix.
    Ann Budge guaranteed the fans 18 home games. When this could not be achieved they started to throw all different options at him.

1. We will allow you to watch on Hearts TV. If you watch one game you've effectively committed to the whole season, whether watching 1 game or 18.
    He refused & never logged into Hearts TV.

2. Give you the value of season tickets to spend in club shop.
    He refused.

3. Give you the value of season ticket to spend in hospitality.
    He refused.

4. 2 season tix this season & never paid a penny towards them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Sproule View Post
    At the risk of spoiling the surprise, walked past this morning and looks like its a flag for every seat of the new white "HFC" seats. So maybe head along a little earlier if you can if you're on a white seat.
    I drove past last night and saw what I thought were a load of flags beside the new white lettering on the seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    My best mate a jambo. Adult & Child season tix.
    Ann Budge guaranteed the fans 18 home games. When this could not be achieved they started to throw all different options at him.

1. We will allow you to watch on Hearts TV. If you watch one game you've effectively committed to the whole season, whether watching 1 game or 18.
    He refused & never logged into Hearts TV.

2. Give you the value of season tickets to spend in club shop.
    He refused.

3. Give you the value of season ticket to spend in hospitality.
    He refused.

4. 2 season tix this season & never paid a penny towards them.
    And they've got the cheek to slag off our ticket sales. That's Jambos for you. Still, at least what you've described gives us an easy response. 👍

And they've got the cheek to slag off our ticket sales. That's Jambos for you. Still, at least what you've described gives us an easy response. 👍
    Even with the above I don’t think they sold a huge amount more season tickets than us.

Think where we have a bit of an issue is the moment is with the number of seats bought going unused. Tonight for example, with season tickets, away tickets and hospitality sold out that gives you 15-16k tickets sold (before walk ups) but there’s no way there’ll only be 4K empty seats.

People just simply have less disposable income to spend these days with everything going up apart from wages. Edinburgh ain’t a cheap place to live in comparison to other places in Scotland with big football clubs. Football, for many, is easily the first thing that gets chopped from the monthly budget.

First Team Breakthrough timewilltell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Covid?
    English Premiership grounds are full every week...

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by timewilltell View Post
    English Premiership grounds are full every week...
    I saw lots of empty seats at wolves on match of the day.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.