hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s about 8 hours long in total.

Really fascinating stuff watching the dynamics of the four of them.

I’m not a huge Beatles fan but I’m a music fan it’s basically just them in the studio rehearsing and creating music.

Love it
    That's what it's all about really. Seeing them create would be fascinating. I'm not so bothered about the banter stuff. I found Lennon in particular a right pain in the neck.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    That's what it's all about really. Seeing them create would be fascinating. I'm not so bothered about the banter stuff. I found Lennon in particular a right pain in the neck.
    The banter stuff is part of them creating.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

i finished watching this yesterday, had been waiting until I had the house to myself to watch it on peace. My Dad was playing them as I was growing up so I've always been a fan. I bought my first vinyl copy of the Let it Be album using money from my paper round which makes it older than many of posters on this site. Despite it's awful press I always loved it. Phil Spector didn't do a bad job, he just didn't do the best job he could have done. I love Let it Be Naked and the originally planned Get Back album by Glyn John's. I wish they had just released the latter at the time but I can see why they didn't, it's pretty raw. Its great having three versions to choose from though, let's us all make up our favourite album using tracks from all three. Or am I the only one geeky enough to do that.

I absolutely loved this series I was initially disappointed that we weren't getting the originally intended cinema release but I love that we got a much longer running time. It certainly killed the idea that these sessions were a joyless experience for all as suggested by the original Let it Be movie. It was as much a film about friendship as it was about music, those four guys obviously still loved each other. I loved when they were just talking about last nights tv etc. The sequence with Heather McCartney was particularly heartwarming. Her confused look as Yoko screamed in to a mic followed shortly afterwards by her copying her with John Lennon saying 'Yoko? ' was superb.
    Watching them at work was something else. The creativity coupled with hard graft put in by them all was awesome. The scene where Get Back was coming together showing McCartney playing followed by George, Ringo and a just arrived Lennon joining in gave me goose bumps. George Harrison 'helping' Ringo to write Octopus's garden put a pretty big smile on my face as well.
    After discussing it with a fellow Beatles nut I realise I've missed loads. Guess I'll have to watch the whole lot again.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    After discussing it with a fellow Beatles nut I realise I've missed loads. Guess I'll have to watch the whole lot again.
    DVD / bluray release coming later this year.

@hibs.net private member
    I loved it. I learned so much about them and their personalities I didn't know. So sad to think just 11 years later John Lennon was killed. It kinda made that hit harder.
    I sometimes have it on the background just listening to it as I potter around the house. It's so good

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    DVD / bluray release coming later this year.
    Superb. I will be buying that.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S View Post
    I loved it. I learned so much about them and their personalities I didn't know. So sad to think just 11 years later John Lennon was killed. It kinda made that hit harder.
    I sometimes have it on the background just listening to it as I potter around the house. It's so good
    I grew up with Beatles songs being played and sung as a big part of my early life.
    Everything the Beatles did was major news back then, their songs and films just couldn't come quickly enough for their massive, eager audience.
    Mum's, dad's, brothers, sisters, everybody loved the Beatles, and we were all devastated when the band broke up in the early 70s.

This 'Let it Be' 3 part Docu Film was excellent.
    Seeing them composing, chatting and the interaction between them all was superb.
    Seeing the 4 of them again as young fresh faced laddies was immense and a great watch as well. It's a fantastic historical record of a pivotal moment in our musical history.

I hope the movie wins many awards as I think it should.

Ps, anybody who hasn't watched the Michael Caine Docu movie My Generation should watch it as that captures the early 60s feeling brilliantly and it has some Beatles footage in it too 😉

GGTTH
    Last edited by Eaststand; 08-01-2022 at 10:42 AM.

Watched it last week and loved it, you start to see the drift in their direction, George being the one drifting more and becoming distant, while Paul and John just bounced off each other idea wise and Ringo sitting there just going with the flow. Understandably they split not long after, the cracks were showing but my biggest gripe was Yoko Ono shadowing Lennon all the time every minute, bit weird.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Watched it last week and loved it, you start to see the drift in their direction, George being the one drifting more and becoming distant, while Paul and John just bounced off each other idea wise and Ringo sitting there just going with the flow. Understandably they split not long after, the cracks were showing but my biggest gripe was Yoko Ono shadowing Lennon all the time every minute, bit weird.
    I heard someone say that it was shortly after she’d had a miscarriage and Lennon didn’t want her to be alone so said he’d record if she could be there with him.

Blog Entries
    Watching part one right now. It’s fascinating seeing them kicking around all the songs we now take for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I heard someone say that it was shortly after she’d had a miscarriage and Lennon didn’t want her to be alone so said he’d record if she could be there with him.
    If that's true then fair enough, just found it a bit creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Watching part one right now. It’s fascinating seeing them kicking around all the songs we now take for granted.
    Love watching them put tunes together and hearing the original lyrics to classic tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    i finished watching this yesterday, had been waiting until I had the house to myself to watch it on peace. My Dad was playing them as I was growing up so I've always been a fan. I bought my first vinyl copy of the Let it Be album using money from my paper round which makes it older than many of posters on this site. Despite it's awful press I always loved it. Phil Spector didn't do a bad job, he just didn't do the best job he could have done. I love Let it Be Naked and the originally planned Get Back album by Glyn John's. I wish they had just released the latter at the time but I can see why they didn't, it's pretty raw. Its great having three versions to choose from though, let's us all make up our favourite album using tracks from all three. Or am I the only one geeky enough to do that.

I absolutely loved this series I was initially disappointed that we weren't getting the originally intended cinema release but I love that we got a much longer running time. It certainly killed the idea that these sessions were a joyless experience for all as suggested by the original Let it Be movie. It was as much a film about friendship as it was about music, those four guys obviously still loved each other. I loved when they were just talking about last nights tv etc. The sequence with Heather McCartney was particularly heartwarming. Her confused look as Yoko screamed in to a mic followed shortly afterwards by her copying her with John Lennon saying 'Yoko? ' was superb.
    Watching them at work was something else. The creativity coupled with hard graft put in by them all was awesome. The scene where Get Back was coming together showing McCartney playing followed by George, Ringo and a just arrived Lennon joining in gave me goose bumps. George Harrison 'helping' Ringo to write Octopus's garden put a pretty big smile on my face as well.
    Given what they'd been through with Beatlemania, the death of Brian Epstein and the sheer volume of work they put out, it's pretty miraculous they were still able to function at all, let alone be just about to produce Abbey Road, one of the greatest albums ever.

The angsty post-breakup period (Too Many People, How Do You Sleep? etc) didn't really last that long. Lennon & McCartney were back in touch and saying nice things about each other within a few years. McCartney's song "Here Today" written not long after Lennon was killed is beautiful. Almost a love letter.

I'm pretty sure they'd have worked together again if it hadn't been for John Lennon's untimely death.