hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kevin Nisbet

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He doesn’t. Dropping deep is exactly what he needs to do in our system
    Not when we’re a man up and desperate for a goal or two.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He doesn’t. Dropping deep is exactly what he needs to do in our system
    Not in that system we played today. All the important stuff he did today was by being on the shoulder and/or in the box.

Offside goal (that didn’t look offside), disallowed header, goal, putting one on a plate for Murphy, being the highest up the park when he ended up playing Porteous in. Fine dropping in at times but your centre forward needs to be up the park and between the posts.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 27-11-2021 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Not in that system we played today. All the important stuff he did today was by being on the shoulder and/or in the box.

Offside goal (that didn’t look offside), disallowed header, goal, putting one on a plate for Murphy, being the highest up the park when he ended up playing Porteous in. Fine dropping in at times but your centre forward needs to be up the park and between the posts.
    Not for me. He has to be all of that and more.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I was actually getting annoyed by him dropping too deep. Even in the second half and a man up. He. Needs to be playing on the last man and in and around the box. He’s a good player and can finish well but not if he’s out wide or dropping into midfield.
    I don’t agree

Kevin linking the play is absolutely central to what we do.

If he was a static stay up top striker he wouldn’t be nearly as effective as he doesn’t have sufficient physical presence like for example Doidge

Kevin won’t score the same type of goals as Doidge, he is far more dangerous from broken open play when he has a wee bit time to plan and execute his finish

I would concede that he has work to do on sharp instinctive finishing but for a goal like today his finishing is outstanding, absolutely top notch.

When he has the chance to lift his head and place it, is when he is at his best and he won’t have that with a static centre half right up against him

I have often been critical of him on this forum but his all round game today was excellent and took his goal superbly. If he can apply himself like that in every game he will have a real chance of being a success. Well done Kevin!

Nisbet played very well today, was a constant menace to the St Johnstone defence and was blatantly robbed of the opening goal.

Here's hoping that his second goal will be the start of a scoring run.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    He was great at Hampden and great today. He looks to be getting back to form.
    His performances come under scrutiny as he is such a tidy player that we all want to do well, but we want him to do well as we are fans ... but have no real qualification to scrutinise as much as we do. Apart from these platforms of course when our badges in such things are apparent.
    I’d a fellah behind me at Hampden go on and on (and on) about how “lazy” he was ... If we are stuck with anyone lazy then I want that lazy player to be like Kevin Nisbet.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Nisbet played very well today, was a constant menace to the St Johnstone defence and was blatantly robbed of the opening goal.

Here's hoping that his second goal will be the start of a scoring run.
    Third.

@hibs.net private member
    We will see a different KN in next couple weeks. That performance will do his confidence wonders. Fully expect the floodgates to open now!

Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    We will see a different KN in next couple weeks. That performance will do his confidence wonders. Fully expect the floodgates to open now!
    Deffo. Him and Boyler on Wednesday night. We're going to stuff them again!

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Deffo. Him and Boyler on Wednesday night. We're going to stuff them again!
    Was also impressed with Gullan today, sharp and contributed to a lot of our early decent play. Bit rusty or I’d have expected him to have burst the net when he got his shot blocked first half.

Not for me. He has to be all of that and more.
    I’m not sure what you mean? Today was his best performance of the season for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    He was great at Hampden and great today. He looks to be getting back to form.
    His performances come under scrutiny as he is such a tidy player that we all want to do well, but we want him to do well as we are fans ... but have no real qualification to scrutinise as much as we do. Apart from these platforms of course when our badges in such things are apparent.
    I’d a fellah behind me at Hampden go on and on (and on) about how “lazy” he was ... If we are stuck with anyone lazy then I want that lazy player to be like Kevin Nisbet.
    His performances have been under scrutiny because he’s not been playing well. Today he did play well and most of the same fans notice that as well.

I think he’s worked harder this past week. Before the break he wasn’t and he wasn’t much good to us. No player at Hibs is ever good enough to be lazy. For me, there’s been a noticeable difference in his work rate and it’s no coincidence that he’s contributed more in the games as a result.

His performances have been under scrutiny because he’s not been playing well. Today he did play well and most of the same fans notice that as well.

I think he’s worked harder this past week. Before the break he wasn’t and he wasn’t much good to us. No player at Hibs is ever good enough to be lazy. For me, there’s been a noticeable difference in his work rate and it’s no coincidence that he’s contributed more in the games as a result.
    I just think ‘lazy’ and ‘work rate’ are easy to Chuck at him when results don’t go our way. Wednesday he was fine, but because we inevitably lose and he misses chances he was back to being lazy. Our team haven’t been giving him any support so regardless how much he runs about - if he’s nobody to bounce off then he’s going to look useless. He’ll have poor games of that there is no doubt, he’ll be unplayable other times, he won’t be playing if he was lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    I just think ‘lazy’ and ‘work rate’ are easy to Chuck at him when results don’t go our way. Wednesday he was fine, but because we inevitably lose and he misses chances he was back to being lazy. Our team haven’t been giving him any support so regardless how much he runs about - if he’s nobody to bounce off then he’s going to look useless. He’ll have poor games of that there is no doubt, he’ll be unplayable other times, he won’t be playing if he was lazy.
    I did say I thought it was working noticeably harder in the last week, that includes the defeat during the week so it’s not just something to chuck at him when we lose. He was making runs and getting in to good positions, I don’t think he was doing enough of that prior to the break.

I did say I thought it was working noticeably harder in the last week, that includes the defeat during the week so it’s not just something to chuck at him when we lose. He was making runs and getting in to good positions, I don’t think he was doing enough of that prior to the break.
    It was all over social media Wednesday again though, hence why I feel chucking claims of him being lazy are unhelpful as it sticks even when it’s not necessarily true in games.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    It was all over social media Wednesday again though, hence why I feel chucking claims of him being lazy are unhelpful as it sticks even when it’s not necessarily true in games.
    Think it was deserved previously though. Aberdeen away when he spent 90 minutes pointing at other folk, trying to tell them what to do. Celtic game where he wandered about and couldn’t be bothered to put a proper challenge in. In the last week it’s not been merited, even if he missed a few chances during the week he was actually on the move and getting on the end of things. I hope he’s turned a corner form wise because he was good today.