hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Football Focus

Football Focus

Just put on football focus and there was a puff piece about the jambos and how they saved their club...

One of the yams still refers with deference to Mad Vlad as Mr Romanov, after he nearly killed their club?!?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Servile forelock-tuggers.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Couldnt believe the comment 'we are the biggest small club in the world'

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who the **** said that?

“I’ve got the biggest 4 inch cock in the world”
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    Deluded....cheats.

2 words to describe them. Won their last 3 Scottish Cups on a mountain of debt with players they couldn't afford.

Avoided paying their debts, then wow...a new stand appears within a couple of years.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Just put on football focus and there was a puff piece about the jambos and how they saved their club...

One of the yams still refers with deference to Mad Vlad as Mr Romanov, after he nearly killed their club?!?
    I had just switched on when Neilson appeared saying, and I quote, "Ah Romanov, he was an interesting character"
    Not a mention of his embezzlement and fraud or that an arrest warrant is still awaiting him in Lithuania.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Who the **** said that?

They must have said we are the 3rd biggest in scotland about 4 times....trying too hard guys lol.

I did enjoy how little chat afterwards was actually about the famous as they moved swiftly onto Newcastle, Bury and other English teams 🤣

Who the **** said that?

You are very chipper after getting tickets yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    I had just switched on when Neilson appeared saying, and I quote, "Ah Romanov, he was an interesting character"
    Not a mention of his embezzlement and fraud or that an arrest warrant is still awaiting him in Lithuania.
    Hmmm, yes. Trying to whitewash their murky/illegal/cheating/money laundering past.

The Hearts piece was deluded twaddle but the item on Gary Speed that followed was very moving, RIP Gary.

Hearts the team that boast their 4 inches is in fact 8 inches.

Who the **** said that?

Made me laugh that 🤣🤣

For the rest of the football world who didn't suffer under the financial cheating the aftermath has become a feel good story which unsurprisingly Hearts new 'owners' will feed off and who can blame them, you would have to be crass indeed not to acknowledge the efforts of their support, even if they refuse to admit their part in making saving the club a necessity.

In the list of supporters wants if you can't be snapped up by billionaires then the next best alternative is to be fan owned. But this isn't Germany where clubs have massive fan bases and a league with enough glamour surrounding it that sponsorship and TV money rolls in and the wealthy are prepared to invest even if they cant be owners.

In the UK being fan owned means living strictly within your means, there's a reason Hearts are the biggest fan owned club in the UK and in the main it's because fan ownership can work well for small community clubs, not giants or sleeping giants with big on field ambitions, but clubs prepared to accept the reality that this model is anything but a fast track to on field glory, the glory is in knowing the club is yours and it's continuing existence is down to you.

Your average Jambo's ambitions are bigger than that, but already their accounts are showing that without cash injections from unnamed 'benefactors' the club would be making a loss even with "nearly nine thousand FoH members" ...... being gifted millions by one or two individuals that puts you into profit is not evidence that fan ownership is working successfully, its evidence that to be at the level Hearts want to be at the fans input along with sponsorship and other revenues isn't going to be enough on it's own.

Back in the day Hearts fans came within a baw hair of losing their club because they weren't prepared to admit they had a megalomaniac crook for an owner, even when it had become obvious to everybody else. Its already staring them in the face that it has taken somebody other than FoH to turn a 2 million loss into a 2 million profit .... If they don't plan for the inevitable day when that money dries up history will repeat itself and the club's demise will be the story on Football focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Hmmm, yes. Trying to whitewash their murky/illegal/cheating/money laundering past.
    Pinkwash surely? 😁

Did they ask them about the Lady Haig Poppy Fund?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Did they ask them about the Lady Haig Poppy Fund?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They fell silent at that point.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    They fell silent at that point.
    Each to their own but a wee bit crass IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    For the rest of the football world who didn't suffer under the financial cheating the aftermath has become a feel good story which unsurprisingly Hearts new 'owners' will feed off and who can blame them, you would have to be crass indeed not to acknowledge the efforts of their support, even if they refuse to admit their part in making saving the club a necessity.

In the list of supporters wants if you can't be snapped up by billionaires then the next best alternative is to be fan owned. But this isn't Germany where clubs have massive fan bases and a league with enough glamour surrounding it that sponsorship and TV money rolls in and the wealthy are prepared to invest even if they cant be owners.

In the UK being fan owned means living strictly within your means, there's a reason Hearts are the biggest fan owned club in the UK and in the main it's because fan ownership can work well for small community clubs, not giants or sleeping giants with big on field ambitions, but clubs prepared to accept the reality that this model is anything but a fast track to on field glory, the glory is in knowing the club is yours and it's continuing existence is down to you.

Your average Jambo's ambitions are bigger than that, but already their accounts are showing that without cash injections from unnamed 'benefactors' the club would be making a loss even with "nearly nine thousand FoH members" ...... being gifted millions by one or two individuals that puts you into profit is not evidence that fan ownership is working successfully, its evidence that to be at the level Hearts want to be at the fans input along with sponsorship and other revenues isn't going to be enough on it's own.

Back in the day Hearts fans came within a baw hair of losing their club because they weren't prepared to admit they had a megalomaniac crook for an owner, even when it had become obvious to everybody else. Its already staring them in the face that it has taken somebody other than FoH to turn a 2 million loss into a 2 million profit .... If they don't plan for the inevitable day when that money dries up history will repeat itself and the club's demise will be the story on Football focus.

I'd have just loved it had they gone bust. Its mental no one has had the balls to call them out for years and years of theft.