hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ryan Porteous

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I hope the club realise the strength of feeling among the Hibs fans and what is basically character assassination.

Ban them, ban them from Easter Road, East Mains and every event connected with Hibs. Give them **** all, forever.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monarch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Podcast sounded like 3 inebriated huns in the Louden Tavern instead of a media discussion. It was a demolition job on Porto. Where was the balance ?
    Its called the Record Rangers Podcast.

I suspect that its not meant to be a balanced view............

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Don’t think he’ll be around much longer, will get a move in January and if not it’ll be the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Don’t think he’ll be around much longer, will get a move in January and if not it’ll be the summer.
    A few clubs have enquired about him I've heard. I also think he'll move on soon. He needs a fresh start without the hassle of the blatant infirm biased media.

@hibs.net private member

Ryan Porteous

Appears to be Another nasty horrible opinion piece from Boyd in the Sun today. I’ve not read it all tbf, but from the social media headline and opening comments it’s another “Ryan needs to grow up” piece. They obviously realise how good he is as clearly, they want to unsettle him. Hibs need to come out again and attack this media offensive from the west coast against him…it’s not right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Thankfully people who know the game will know better than to read this drivel and judge Ryan on his game performance. Yes, he caught Kent for the penalty but he was head and shoulders above any other defender on that pitch until that point. There’s a reason Moleros got subbed early on as Ryan had him in his back pocket most of the game. I agree that he needs to stop the petulance but he’s growing into a terrific footballing defender, he’ll go onto play at a level higher than hibs.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Appears to be Another nasty horrible opinion piece from Boyd in the Sun today. I’ve not read it all tbf, but from the social media headline and opening comments it’s another “Ryan needs to grow up” piece. They obviously realise how good he is as clearly, they want to unsettle him. Hibs need to come out again and attack this media offensive from the west coast against him…it’s not right.

Their jealousy is plain to see. The Rangers would love Ryan in their team.

Easiest job in the world to get thickos like Boyd to put their name to another hatchet piece on him.

@hibs.net private member St.Kristopher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    After that performance, I wouldn't be surprised to see Rangers or even Celtic go for him next month. I thought he was immense. I wish he'd stop the childish antics and play acting, it has to be having an effect on his concentration.
    It’s not childish antics it mind games and playing the ref. Ryan kills so many attacks by going down easy, like it or not, it’s part of the modern game. I also think most of the people saying this are watching on TV, triggered by the camera and the coverage. I love watching him live doing all the dark arts, he gets better every week.

He gets himself in front of the ball and attacker and once contact is made goes down, attack over free kick to Hibs.

At other times he is giving the ref something to look at or think about, if an attacker is constantly leaving a leg or arm in and Ryan brings attention to it he is eventually going to get a free kick…end of attack.

We may not like it but it works, not as much against rangers though. But that’s not his fault.
    Last edited by St.Kristopher; 04-12-2021 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by St.Kristopher View Post
    He gets himself in front of the ball and attacker and once contact is made down, attack rover free kick to Hibs.

We may not like it but it works, not as much against rangers though. But that’s not his fault.
    The master at this is SJM and probably where he gets it - get between man and ball….possession or foul every time. Clever play

Boyd was at it on sky aswell. Took great delight sayin Ryan “doesn’t look happy with the penalty decision”. Sick of the old firm bias in this country. It’s the fundamental thing holding back the Scottish game.

Boyd is just like every other Sevco fan. Bitter, raging, deluded, obsessed with Ryan and full of of honking patter.

The media will continue to hound one of our players as long as we allow it and dont dish out bans. Its been happening for years now.
    Last edited by we are hibs; 04-12-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Boyd was at it on sky aswell. Took great delight sayin Ryan “doesn’t look happy with the penalty decision”. Sick of the old firm bias in this country. It’s the fundamental thing holding back the Scottish game.

First Team Regular

I think you should read it all before slating Boyd. It states the Scotland future of Ryan Porteous is in his own hands. Concentrate on his own game and forget about what is happening around him,which is all meant to distract him.