hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah - no games added for losing appeal.
    If it's deemed to have been a frivolous appeal the ban can be increased by one game.

I'd say it's unlikely to happen though.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzVF...b_channel=SPFL

I have a sympathy for Doidge on this one.
    He is not expecting the defenders presence as he turns.
    Look at his body position at 3:01 in the above clip.
    Both feet are off the ground and he is leaning back and the defenders body movement is forward.
    I think Hibs will be arguing some sort of natural body mechanics defence i.e. with both feet off the ground and leaning back his body naturally kicks out in an attempt to gain traction as it feels it is falling backwards.
    Watch it, see what you think.
    I've seen it several times now and I still think it's a red card.

Not a chance it will be pulled. I hope he doesn’t get more for appealing. We need him playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    If it's deemed to have been a frivolous appeal the ban can be increased by one game.

Don’t think it’s ever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Don’t think it’s ever happened.
    I can't think of an example either to be honest, just thought I'd point out that the rule does exist.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Aberdeen never appealed, they were advised that they had no grounds to appeal as there was no mistaken identity, which would have meant they would need to put forward the correct player.

Maybe not aformal appeal, but they did try to have it overturned on the grounds that the referee was a twat!

Aberdeen held talks with the governing body in an attempt to have it overturned but FIFA rules only allow a yellow card to be rescinded for cases of mistaken identity or simulation, so Ojo is now banned for Sunday’s clash with Celtic.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Both feet are off the ground and he is leaning back and the defenders body movement is forward.
    I think Hibs will be arguing some sort of natural body mechanics defence i.e. with both feet off the ground and leaning back his body naturally and involuntarily kicks out in an attempt to gain traction as it feels it is falling backwards.
    Watch it and see what you think.
    Nah. In real time first view I did think it was him being off balance and falling backwards, but the replays clearly show a voluntary straightening of the leg into the RC player. No need. It is deliberate action with intent and rightly red.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I'm glad Christian is not scheduled to appear in front of the Hibs Net judiciary panel otherwise he'd be shot at dawn!

I think Hibs will be arguing some sort of natural body mechanics defence i.e. with both feet off the ground and leaning back his body naturally and involuntarily kicks out in an attempt to gain traction as it feels it is falling backwards.
    I don't think it will be overturned but I presume our case will centre on him being off balance and also the Ross County player's hands were on his leg so they might say he was trying to shake him off. However it's not as if the guy has a grip on him so I think our case won't be strong enough to prove the ref has made a blatant error. Don't know if the player's character comes into it but violent conduct is totally against Doidge's character.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Reckon there’s an outside chance of this appeal being successful. Yellow card was about right for the “crime”. There were about three more dangerous tackles/flying arms which went unpunished compared to Doidge’’s tangle.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Reckon there’s an outside chance of this appeal being successful. Yellow card was about right for the “crime”. There were about three more dangerous tackles/flying arms which than Doidge’’s tangle.
    Correct, the boys tackle on Cadden was a shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I don't think it will be overturned but I presume our case will centre on him being off balance and also the Ross County player's hands were on his leg so they might say he was trying to shake him off. However it's not as if the guy has a grip on him so I think our case won't be strong enough to prove the ref has made a blatant error. Don't know if the player's character comes into it but violent conduct is totally against Doidge's character.
    They tend to be very prescriptive hence even in the most extreme cases of unfairness such as the Ojo yellow card they couldn't do the right thing and resind it.
    Doidge was sent off for 2 yellows in a game last season so not going in with a blank sheet.
    As I said this incident looked like a red card for violent conduct but when you look at all the circumstances it isn't so straight forward, however, as you say the appeal is unlikely to be successful unless a wordsmith argues his case.

Agree with some important points you’re making on this - his standing leg is definitely in an unusually vulnerable position, especially given the immediate proximity and movement of the opponent and i think he feels under a bit threat because of that, particularly after a spell out with an injury. But I think it’s the clear force of the high loose one going into the player that’s going to make the appeal unsuccessful.

But you never know - I stopped trying to second guess the inner workings of the minds of our footballing ‘authorities’ many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Reckon there’s an outside chance of this appeal being successful. Yellow card was about right for the “crime”. There were about three more dangerous tackles/flying arms which went unpunished compared to Doidge’’s tangle.
    I'm not sure other tackles in the game will be used as a measurement for whether the appeal will be successful or not.

The incident will be judged in its own right, as it should be, and if we take the green specs off it's definitely in red card territory.

I'd be astonished if the appeal is successful.

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I'm glad Christian is not scheduled to appear in front of the Hibs Net judiciary panel otherwise he'd be shot at dawn!
    He would survive though as the Hibsnet firing squad are poor shots. Bit early in the morn too.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I'm not sure other tackles in the game will be used as a measurement for whether the appeal will be successful or not.

The incident will be judged in its own right, as it should be, and if we take the green specs off it's definitely in red card territory.

I'd be astonished if the appeal is successful.
    Subjective of course, and the only opinion that matters really is that of the panel. Quietly hopeful!

Appeal will be held tonight so will know either way ahead of tomorrow

Apologies for my misinformation - serves me right for believing the “it’s just a grand each time”.

In that case we’d deserve to get an extra game for appealing that…(not that it’ll happen obviously)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Or a few people are able to look at the challenge objectively, like grown ups, and see there’s absolutely no argument against the red card, and therefore just say that rather than pretending otherwise because it’s hibs and a player we like.

It’s worse every time I see the replay.. he’s actually raked his studs down the boy after extending his leg.

If that had been Morelos (or any non hibs player for that matter) we’d be going absolutely radge about it.

It won’t be changed. It shouldn’t have been appealed. It was stupid from Doidge. Time to move on and accept it.

@hibs.net private member RMQ1967's Avatar
    Or a few people are able to look at the challenge objectively, like grown ups, and see there’s absolutely no argument against the red card, and therefore just say that rather than pretending otherwise because it’s hibs and a player we like.

It’s worse every time I see the replay.. he’s actually raked his studs down the boy after extending his leg.

If that had been Morelos (or any non hibs player for that matter) we’d be going absolutely radge about it.

It won’t be changed. It shouldn’t have been appealed. It was stupid from Doidge. Time to move on and accept it.
    Agreed - it was daft unfortunately. No chance it will be overturned:(

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Appeal will be held tonight so will know either way ahead of tomorrow
    Mad how quick they can hear an appeal when it's us.

When it's another team it can take weeks.

@hibs.net private member

If it was Moreles he would have been booked so he couldn't have got a retrospective red. I think that is something we could cite in our favour pointing to previous incidents that were given as yellow. We could probably spend an hour just on Morelos

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    If it was Moreles he would have been booked so he couldn't have got a retrospective red. I think that is something we could cite in our favour pointing to previous incidents that were given as yellow. We could probably spend an hour just on Morelos
    I can’t think that pointing to challenges by other players that should have been reds but weren’t, will help Doidge get off with with a red that was rightly given, but we’ll see.

Personally think there’s absolutely zero chance of getting the red overturned regardless of how we pitch it, and rightly so, but again we will see.

@hibs.net private member h185forever's Avatar
    Appeal rejected

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Maybe not aformal appeal, but they did try to have it overturned on the grounds that the referee was a twat!
    They were basically told from the offset that they stood no chance based on the rules. Broadfoot explained the process well on one of this weeks sportsound shows.

Doidge appeal unsuccessful.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by h185forever View Post
    Appeal rejected
    No surprise there. They’d have been as well standing outside the ticket office and handing the first fan that went past a grand.

United we stand here....

Literally no idea why we appealed this tbh

Quote Originally Posted by h185forever View Post
    Appeal rejected
    Doesn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Because in normal circumstances the hearing wouldn't have been organised so quickly, and we've have had Doidge available tomorrow when Boyle is out, then suspended once Boyle is back.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Because James Scott might have to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Because James Scott might have to play.
    I might change my prediction to St Johnstone 1, Hibs -1.

And if he's reading this, please make me look like an idiot, James.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.