hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Doidge red card appealed

Per the official website.

Although I thought it was an accident at the time, and still do, I also can't see enough for the panel to overturn it.

Might be a tactic to have Doidge available for Saturday as there's little time for the appeal to be heard. We'd then get Boyle back so would only be down one player in each of our next three games.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Although I thought it was an accident at the time, and still do, I also can't see enough for the panel to overturn it.

Might be a tactic to have Doidge available for Saturday as there's little time for the appeal to be heard. We'd then get Boyle back so would only be down one player in each of our next three games.
    Think it's definitely just so he is available for Saturday.

I'm the same, don't think it was deliberate at all. But no chance it's getting overturned.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post

Would say that’s 100% the reason, Saturdays game suits Doidge more than Boyle, and vice-versa next Wednesday.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post

I'm the same, don't think it was deliberate at all. But no chance it's getting overturned.
    Seems to be saying if appeal upheld he will miss Saints game so assume it will be held tomorrow

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    No problem with the appeal from the club, the system is what it is so **** it, if we win and he scores it’s well worth it.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

No chance it's getting over turned.

Ridiculous behaviour from him

@hibs.net private member
    I think the appeal will rest the initial challenge being fine and then the push with the studs being as much the Ross County player advancing as Christian kicking out. Perhaps say it was a natural reaction to avoid being push over and particularly if that was his injured leg

Last nights ref a very good mate of a jambo I know.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    It’s was a clear red card, I’m struggling to see how we can get this overturned.

United we stand here....

Blog Entries
    If the appeal was on the basis that it might not be heard till next week, fine. If not it is a waste of money.
    There’s no way it wasn’t a red.

Was a red card should accept it and move on unless makes him available for Saturday then good idea with Boyle back the following week

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Seems to be saying if appeal upheld he will miss Saints game so assume it will be held tomorrow
    Yeah, looks like you're right. In that case strange appeal if you ask me.

No chance of winning this, I take it there are no additional penalties for frivolous appeals?

Left by mutual consent!
    No chance of winning it but it's a smart move so he can play on Saturday.

There's absolutely no danger of this being overturned, it was a blatant red card.

I'd be interested to hear Hibs' basis for the appeal.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    No chance of winning this, I take it there are no additional penalties for frivolous appeals?
    I think there can be.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I think the appeal will rest the initial challenge being fine and then the push with the studs being as much the Ross County player advancing as Christian kicking out. Perhaps say it was a natural reaction to avoid being push over and particularly if that was his injured leg
    Ross County player advancing doesn’t cause Doidge to straighten his leg and try to take the boy. It was a ridiculous kick-out and it’s a ridiculous appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Ross County player advancing doesn’t cause Doidge to straighten his leg and try to take the boy. It was a ridiculous kick-out and it’s a ridiculous appeal.
    Ridiculous is rather exaggerated - it costs £1k, next to nothing. Just about anything can be argued with decent lawyers as we’ve seen in the past. If it means he can play this weekend (no idea if it’s fast tracked or not) then even enter.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Ridiculous is rather exaggerated - it costs £1k, next to nothing. Just about anything can be argued with decent lawyers as we’ve seen in the past. If it means he can play this weekend (no idea if it’s fast tracked or not) then even enter.
    You have to assume that Hibs have been told that any appeal hearing would take place next week and he'll be free to play against St Johnstone.

Otherwise it is a ridiculous appeal in my opinion as there's no chance this is being overturned.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post

Waste of time and money

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    It’s not exaggerated but it is only my opinion - it’s ridiculous because everyone knows he deserved to be sent off. I’d rather we just admitted both players acted stupidly and moved on from an awful night.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    I see Aberdeen failed in the Ojo appeal. Only ground is for mistaken identity.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    They were trying to appeal a yellow card as opposed to a red card.

A yellow card can only be appealed on the grounds of simulation or mistaken identity.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    It’s not exaggerated but it is only my opinion - it’s ridiculous because everyone knows he deserved to be sent off. I’d rather we just admitted both players acted stupidly and moved on from an awful night.
    For £1k I’d appeal absolutely every single red card in the off chance the ref has made an arse of the process, the panel have an off day, anything really. It’s never going to be added to, it’s only ever £1k and for me that makes it worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Aberdeen never appealed, they were advised that they had no grounds to appeal as there was no mistaken identity, which would have meant they would need to put forward the correct player.

It’s a blatant red unfortunately IMO. The initial challenge no, but the kick out afterwards is a red.

Hopefully the appeal ensures he can play on Saturday.

Does the losing of an appeal mean he misses an extra game?

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    It’s a blatant red unfortunately IMO. The initial challenge no, but the kick out afterwards is a red.

Hopefully the appeal ensures he can play on Saturday.

Does the losing of an appeal mean he misses an extra game?
    Nah - no games added for losing appeal.

Was there not a point in the 90’s when a Hibs player was sent off
    I’m sure it was Yogi Hunter or Willie Miller
    We appealed as we were down to the bare bones of a team over the Xmas period
    I’m pretty sure the appeal panel went and sat on the Friday and the appeal was thrown out

Quote Originally Posted by darwenhibby View Post
    Was there not a point in the 90’s when a Hibs player was sent off
    I’m sure it was Yogi Hunter or Willie Miller
    We appealed as we were down to the bare bones of a team over the Xmas period
    I’m pretty sure the appeal panel went and sat on the Friday and the appeal was thrown out
    I never ever knew you got appeal panels back in those days 😃

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzVF...b_channel=SPFL

I have a sympathy for Doidge on this one.
    He is not expecting the defenders presence as he turns.
    Look at his body position at 3:01 in the above clip.
    Both feet are off the ground and he is leaning back and the defenders body movement is forward.
    I think Hibs will be arguing some sort of natural body mechanics defence i.e. with both feet off the ground and leaning back his body naturally and involuntarily kicks out in an attempt to gain traction as it feels it is falling backwards.
    Watch it and see what you think.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 25-11-2021 at 11:26 PM.