hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

West Ham Games (NHC)

I’ve got tickets for the West Ham game against Chelsea next Saturday and was wondering if anybody here had been to a game at the London Stadium?

I was down at the stadium a couple of years ago but there wasn’t a match on, there didn’t seem to be many pubs around though? I know there’s a wee one in the Westfield shopping centre but was wondering if anybody knew where most folk go for a pre-game pint? Looked like there was a lot of converted shipping containers around the ground that did food etc so not sure if people just congregated at them or if there’s an area with more pubs I should be going to?

Any other tips or hints appreciated.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve got tickets for the West Ham game against Chelsea next Saturday and was wondering if anybody here had been to a game at the London Stadium?

I was down at the stadium a couple of years ago but there wasn’t a match on, there didn’t seem to be many pubs around though? I know there’s a wee one in the Westfield shopping centre but was wondering if anybody knew where most folk go for a pre-game pint? Looked like there was a lot of converted shipping containers around the ground that did food etc so not sure if people just congregated at them or if there’s an area with more pubs I should be going to?

Any other tips or hints appreciated.
    There are some nice pub barges not far from the ground I would avoid the Westfield and go to the more traditional pubs just round the corner like The Queens Head in Stratford
    Had a great wee night in there after a game
    My son lived just round the corner from there At night the Westfield opens its doors for homeless young people and you will get stoned walking to snd from
    The McDonald’s in there lol
    It’s been a couple of years since I was down though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good few pubs in Bow. My son lives there and it’s a 20 minute walk to the Stadium.
    The Little Driver beside Bow Road tube station is cheap and has some characters!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillsidehibby View Post
    Good few pubs in Bow. My son lives there and it’s a 20 minute walk to the Stadium.
    The Little Driver beside Bow Road tube station is cheap and has some characters!
    Went to the Little Driver a few years ago great pub and aye it did have some right characters drinking in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsidehibby View Post
    Thanks.

I’m sure when I was there before we got the Jubilee line to Westfield in Stratford, I don’t remember the Bow Road station, is it a different line I would go on to get to the area with the pubs?

One of my daughters lives in Hackney.Try to take in a game when I visit. Was down in the summer and took in the Atalanta game. If you are anywhere near London fields go to the Cat and Mutton then walk across Victoria Park. Plenty of pop ups also at Hackney Wick. Avoid Westfield but there are plenty of outlets in the stadium. Not cheap however. Beer options limited and £7 for small bottle of wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipperaryjack View Post
    One of my daughters lives in Hackney.Try to take in a game when I visit. Was down in the summer and took in the Atalanta game. If you are anywhere near London fields go to the Cat and Mutton then walk across Victoria Park. Plenty of pop ups also at Hackney Wick. Avoid Westfield but there are plenty of outlets in the stadium. Not cheap however. Beer options limited and £7 for small bottle of wine.
    Thanks mate.

We are staying at Wembley so will be a couple of tubes at least. Do you know how best to get to London Fields?

Apologies if these are stupid questions, the extent of my current London tube knowledge is the jubilee line to Westfield, the size of London terrifies me 😂

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Thanks mate.

We are staying at Wembley so will be a couple of tubes at least. Do you know how best to get to London Fields?

Apologies if these are stupid questions, the extent of my current London tube knowledge is the jubilee line to Westfield, the size of London terrifies me ��
    If you're near Wembley Park underground station get the Metropolitan line to Liverpool Street then the Overground to London Fields station.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    If you're near Wembley Park underground station get the Metropolitan line to Liverpool Street then the Overground to London Fields station.
    That’s brilliant.

Thanks very much (to the other folk that replied too), couldn’t understand how 60,000 folk were fitting into that wee bar in the Westfield 😂 this makes much more sense.

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    There's the Carpenter's Arms in Carpenters Road, which is just the other side of the tracks from the Aquatics Centre, not far from Stratford Station. There are a couple of other places in Stratford High Street, but they will be busy.

The biggest b*llache with the London Stadium is getting out of the place after a game. Everyone gets shoved into queues depending on where you are going and it is a royal pain. However some of the Stadium Kiosks remain open for a good while after matches. Grab a beer, chill and retreat back via the Carpenters would be my advice.