hibs.net Messageboard

 

Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Ref last night

  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    35,809

    Ref last night

    Thought he was atrocious from the joke yellow card to Nisbet to the clear free kick on Campbell ignored which led to them getting a free kick and goal. Allowing Tillson to stay on the pitch when over the ball to Cadden was a joke think the 4th official bottled it from big bad Malky. Tillson then clearly fouls Campbell off the ball prior to being subbed. On first viewing thought Doidge was unlucky and don't think there was any malice in the initial challenge however he did then appear to kick out a bit though in comparison to others let go may have been a little unlucky. Someone should have dragged Boyle away.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    auchterteuchter
    Age
    36
    Posts
    542
    He was abysmal, smug faced little **** aswell.
    Pretty sure hes the ref Hecky said he would like to knock his teeth out.

  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    42,264
    daily record link


    jack ross considering appealing BOTH red cards...

    Jack Ross considering Hibs red card appeals as he reveals why Martin Boyle was sent off (msn.com)

    The Easter Road boss pointed the finger for a shock fifth straight Premiership defeat in the Premiership squarely in the direction of referee Gavin Duncan.

    the SFA will probably give him a red card as well for saying that

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thankerton, SL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    12,509
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    daily record link


    jack ross considering appealing BOTH red cards...

    Jack Ross considering Hibs red card appeals as he reveals why Martin Boyle was sent off (msn.com)

    The Easter Road boss pointed the finger for a shock fifth straight Premiership defeat in the Premiership squarely in the direction of referee Gavin Duncan.

    the SFA will probably give him a red card as well for saying that

    Well why the **** not? If you lodge an appeal the suspension is suspended isn't it?

    **** the SFA, appeal them both and see what happens.

    It's so important to win this game on saturday, we need al our fit players available.
    A great day out ruined by the football

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    42,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well why the **** not? If you lodge an appeal the suspension is suspended isn't it?

    **** the SFA, appeal them both and see what happens.

    It's so important to win this game on saturday, we need al our fit players available.

    uh huh, but there's a £1k fine for each if not overturned, and do they not usually get the ban increased if unsuccessful , or is that for retrospective reds ?

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    daily record link


    jack ross considering appealing BOTH red cards...

    Jack Ross considering Hibs red card appeals as he reveals why Martin Boyle was sent off (msn.com)

    The Easter Road boss pointed the finger for a shock fifth straight Premiership defeat in the Premiership squarely in the direction of referee Gavin Duncan.

    the SFA will probably give him a red card as well for saying that
    This angers me as much as the cheating referees, the fact the dictatorship that is the SFA ban any criticism of referees, giving them a free reign!

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    35,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well why the **** not? If you lodge an appeal the suspension is suspended isn't it?

    **** the SFA, appeal them both and see what happens.

    It's so important to win this game on saturday, we need al our fit players available.
    If true seems ridiculous Boyle getting red for something that happens most weeks however refs tend to protect their own on these occasions.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If true seems ridiculous Boyle getting red for something that happens most weeks however refs tend to protect their own on these occasions.
    I wonder if it was maybe a comment too far? As you say, refs/assistant refs must get abused from players every game. Why was the reputed abuse from Boyle any worse that it merits a red card.

    Some refs love the glory tho.

  10. #9
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    51
    Posts
    8,573
    Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder if it was maybe a comment too far? As you say, refs/assistant refs must get abused from players every game. Why was the reputed abuse from Boyle any worse that it merits a red card.

    Some refs love the glory tho.
    Sensible referee would have simply laughed off a frustrated player mouthing off after full time and ushered him away. Boyle was on his way anyway. Bit of attention seeking from the referee. They maybe need to remind a few of them that the games are not all about them, and the best referees are rarely noticed during a match.

  11. #10
    Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,100
    Thought Doidge deserved to be red carded for the follow through. As for Boyle, if all he did was criticise the refs performance; no swearing or personal abuse then the ref is out of order. There would be multiple red cards every game in those circumstances.

    Other than that, the ref looked to at best biased against us and at worst cheating. If he was being consistent with Nick Walsh then the County player should have been red carded in the first half as the tackle was a carbon copy of the Porteous challenge at Ibrox. There were several other obvious fouls on Hibs players he completely ignored - not even debatable. The one on Campbell, the County boy even stopped his run with the ball in play as he knew it was a foul and very likely a yellow card.

    Hibs 2nd half performance was abysmal last night and they were primarily to blame for the defeat. Yet again though it looks like we've come up against a cheating referee.

  12. #11
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    South Gyle
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sensible referee would have simply laughed off a frustrated player mouthing off after full time and ushered him away. Boyle was on his way anyway. Bit of attention seeking from the referee. They maybe need to remind a few of them that the games are not all about them, and the best referees are rarely noticed during a match.
    He isnít a sensible referee. He sent off a deaf player in the juniors for explaining thatís why he hadnít heard the whistle and subsequently celebrated a disallowed goal.

    The club should be telling the players not to shake the officialsí hands at the end of games. They donít deserve that respect. Saying that, Scott Brown got sent off for us for refusing to shake the refís hand (I think) after THAT Falkirk game, so weíd probably have the whole team suspended.

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Fife
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,246
    Boyle was punished for knocking out the ref's team on Sunday.

  14. #13
    Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    roond the corner
    Posts
    1,389
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought he was atrocious from the joke yellow card to Nisbet to the clear free kick on Campbell ignored which led to them getting a free kick and goal. Allowing Tillson to stay on the pitch when over the ball to Cadden was a joke think the 4th official bottled it from big bad Malky. Tillson then clearly fouls Campbell off the ball prior to being subbed. On first viewing thought Doidge was unlucky and don't think there was any malice in the initial challenge however he did then appear to kick out a bit though in comparison to others let go may have been a little unlucky. Someone should have dragged Boyle away.

    I'm still trying to come to terms as to why he never gave a free kick, there was absolutely no reason for Campbell to go to ground after sprinting away from his marker. Has to go down as one of the most bizarre decisions from an official in many a year.

  15. #14
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    42,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This angers me as much as the cheating referees, the fact the dictatorship that is the SFA ban any criticism of referees, giving them a free reign!
    my memory is really sketchy but did the SFA not try a trial or something like that years ago where referees explained after the game about decisions that were made ? it obviously didn't last very long

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sensible referee would have simply laughed off a frustrated player mouthing off after full time and ushered him away. Boyle was on his way anyway. Bit of attention seeking from the referee. They maybe need to remind a few of them that the games are not all about them, and the best referees are rarely noticed during a match.
    Totally agree. Game over, player frustrated and letting off a bit steam, a good ref ushers him away or just ignores him.

    This ref however seems to like all the attention.

    Iím not condoning Boyle but the ref could have handled it a bit better.

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Letham, Angus
    Age
    60
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    my memory is really sketchy but did the SFA not try a trial or something like that years ago where referees explained after the game about decisions that were made ? it obviously didn't last very long
    I think it was called 'Whistleblower' or something like that. Didn't last long though.

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    42,264
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it was called 'Whistleblower' or something like that. Didn't last long though.


    i feel relieved now that it did indeed happen, ta

  19. #18
    @hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    EH5
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,695
    You could tell with the smug smiling and laughing he was doing all over the pitch last night that he was loving the attention, absolute prick.

  20. #19
    Testimonial Due 500miles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,181
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he was being consistent with Nick Walsh then the County player should have been red carded in the first half as the tackle was a carbon copy of the Porteous challenge at Ibrox
    It was worse than Porteous who went across the front of Aribo. Tilston crunched right into the player, like Lundstram.

  21. #20
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    35,809
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was worse than Porteous who went across the front of Aribo. Tilston crunched right into the player, like Lundstram.
    And clearly over the ball

  22. #21
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    14,396
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    daily record link


    jack ross considering appealing BOTH red cards...

    Jack Ross considering Hibs red card appeals as he reveals why Martin Boyle was sent off (msn.com)

    The Easter Road boss pointed the finger for a shock fifth straight Premiership defeat in the Premiership squarely in the direction of referee Gavin Duncan.

    the SFA will probably give him a red card as well for saying that
    It would be absolutely idiotic to appeal either.

    Doidge's was a clear red, every day of the week.

    They won't overturn Boyles. They'd be saying that their referee got it wrong and should have been in the line of fire of Boyle's anger which they will never do.

    Take the medicine and move on.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  23. #22
    Not sure about the Boyle one as didnít see or hear it, but sounds a bit like him making excuses immediately after losing the heid and getting a stupid red card.

    Itís a joke if we appeal the Doidge one though. As clear a red for violent conduct as youíll see, and I trust Jack Ross will see it that way now heís seen replays and forget about any appeal. Punishing the player would more appropriate than ďprotectingĒ.

  24. #23
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRS
    Posts
    10,649
    Doidge was an accident as I don't think he saw the Ross County player. That said, there was plenty of contact and it was high so the panel won't see enough to overturn it.

    As regards Boyle, pointless appealing for him criticising the referee. Don't know what exactly he said, but it had to have been better than the ref's performance.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)