hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    What about chucking tennis baws on the pitch in the 50th minute.
    Ties in the protest with the SPFL and Celtic.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you a season ticket holder?
    I am.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    In what way would Rod (or hearts) have “put his foot down” that hasn’t been done by the club here?
    Rod had alot of influence and friends within the higher bunch of the football beaks, its just my opinion that we dont seem to have that currently and maybe has effected the outcome here. going forward clubs outside the OF need clarification on how the SPFL are going to proceed on ticket allocations, seems very unfair that in a national cup final we are giving the two ugly sisters more tickets than others when teams like ourselves can sell out half of Hamden.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I am.
    OK, I'll forgo my season ticket privilege and not go to the final in protest if you do the same.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Hibs haven't failed to shift our allocation for any cup final this century. In fact three times we have sold more than half Hampden's capacity against Livingston, Kilmarnock and Ross County.

Given that fact the SPFL's decision to limit us to 17,500 is a disgrace that effectively hands an advantage to Celtic. Are we so lethargic and submissive as a support that it is outwith our imagination to organise some sort of 'on the day' protest against this biased move that disadvantages our club .... What's the point of the SPFL playing the game at a so called neutral venue at all if they then take an unjustifiable decision that makes that venue anything but neutral?

If it's just about money why not play the bloody game at 60,000 capacity Celtic park and be done with it.

To be honest I'm only thinking this way because of what in my opinion is Hibs absolutely tepid and pathetic response to the issue ..... I for one want to see a far stronger and public response from the club along the lines of accusing the SPFL of being biased in favour of Celtic.
    Were we given a. bigger allocation than Livingston, Kilmarnock and Ross County for those finals?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Were we given a. bigger allocation than Livingston, Kilmarnock and Ross County for those finals?

Each of those three clubs had the opportunity to take 50% of the seats. They didn't take it, as they presumably felt they wouldn't sell them all.

Every club should have that choice.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Each of those three clubs had the opportunity to take 50% of the seats. They didn't take it, as they presumably felt they wouldn't sell them all.

Every club should have that choice.
    Cheers, wasn’t sure what had happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LunasBoots View Post
    Rod had alot of influence and friends within the higher bunch of the football beaks, its just my opinion that we dont seem to have that currently and maybe has effected the outcome here. going forward clubs outside the OF need clarification on how the SPFL are going to proceed on ticket allocations, seems very unfair that in a national cup final we are giving the two ugly sisters more tickets than others when teams like ourselves can sell out half of Hamden.
    You’re right, in fact It is more than very unfair, it’s scandalous.

It’s still not Hibs’ fault though.

With prices high, time of year and the form of the team suggesting Rangers was a fluke and a pumping v Celtic quite likely... I'm starting to think 17k might be about right.

Lose our next few games and I'd be surprised if we sold the 25K.

OK, I'll forgo my season ticket privilege and not go to the final in protest if you do the same.
    No thanks. I will be supporting my team.

@hibs.net private member
    Seems to have been a lot of our supporters in the meetings between Hibs and the SPFL judging by the ITK comments

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MKHIBEE View Post
    Seems to have been a lot of our supporters in the meetings between Hibs and the SPFL judging by the ITK comments
    Not really when you consider this part of Hibs statement

As a club, we had a number of long and intense discussions with the SPFL fighting for an even split of tickets with Celtic for the Premier Sports Cup Final at Hampden Park, knowing our history of selling out tickets for cup finals and for sporting integrity. However, they have come to the decision that we will have an allocation of approximately 17,500 tickets for the match. A decision that we are incredibly frustrated about. We made our thoughts very clear.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Can anyone explain to me what the SPFL's reasoning was / formula used to give Hibs 17,500?

I've seen the auto-response from Doncaster but it doesn't actually provide transparency on how they arrived at the number.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    No thanks. I will be supporting my team.
    What a light weight protester you turned out to be .

Power to the People ...............Freedom for Tooting!
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 25-11-2021 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LunasBoots View Post
    Seems a weak attempt to me, they should have put there foot down, if Rod was still in charge we wouldnt even be having this conversation.

*re sent email to the SPFL
    Why don’t you email Rod while you’re at it then to get his take on it? He will be in regular contact with Doncaster I suspect.

What about chucking tennis baws on the pitch in the 50th minute.
    Ties in the protest with the SPFL and Celtic.
    That would be my preferred option, along with a few banners and some appropriate chants. There's a sports direct 5 minutes from my house where you can get tennis balls for a few quid

Getting banners done aint my thing, but there's a few folk who read and contribute to this site with experience, so if somebody was willing to get one organised I would most certainly contribute towards it.

I E Mailed Doncaster and believe it or not got a reply. He cited Rangers selling more tickets than us for last Sunday and the fact that we were given more tickets for the finals v Kilmarnock, Livvi and Ross County. I replied pointing out that the old firm for obvious reasons have always sold more tickets for semis and that that has never been, nor should be, a factor in deciding final allocations for reasons that should be bloody obvious .... reasons I outlined for him anyway.

I pointed out to him that Hibs got more tickets for the finals he mentioned because it was absolutely obvious the likes of Livvi, Ross County and to a lesser extent Killie were incapable of selling half the stadium, whereas Hibs have proved time and again that we can sell 23,000 for a final and that I was not impressed with his lazy and illogical false equivalence.

He also stated the difficulty in segregating the north stand if Hibs failed to sell our half of it out. I pointed out to him that there had been no problem segregating the east stand at Hampden last Sunday for a historically far more volatile match than Hibs v Celtic .... I forgot to, but should have pointed out to him that if that's his problem then all Hibs have to do is sell the north stand first and then move onto the east stand, segregation issue solved at a stroke.

Anyway .... Its tennis balls for me at an arranged time, to get it done all we need is a bit of consensus on here and the bounce, facebook etc.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    That would be my preferred option, along with a few banners and some appropriate chants. There's a sports direct 5 minutes from my house where you can get tennis balls for a few quid

Getting banners done aint my thing, but there's a few folk who read and contribute to this site with experience, so if somebody was willing to get one organised I would most certainly contribute towards it.

I E Mailed Doncaster and believe it or not got a reply. He cited Rangers selling more tickets than us for last Sunday and the fact that we were given more tickets for the finals v Kilmarnock, Livvi and Ross County. I replied pointing out that the old firm for obvious reasons have always sold more tickets for semis and that that has never been, nor should be, a factor in deciding final allocations for reasons that should be bloody obvious .... reasons I outlined for him anyway.

I pointed out to him that Hibs got more tickets for the finals he mentioned because it was absolutely obvious the likes of Livvi, Ross County and to a lesser extent Killie were incapable of selling half the stadium, whereas Hibs have proved time and again that we can sell 23,000 for a final and that I was not impressed with his lazy and illogical false equivalence.

He also stated the difficulty in segregating the north stand if Hibs failed to sell our half of it out. I pointed out to him that there had been no problem segregating the east stand at Hampden last Sunday for a historically far more volatile match than Hibs v Celtic .... I forgot to, but should have pointed out to him that if that's his problem then all Hibs have to do is sell the north stand first and then move onto the east stand, segregation issue solved at a stroke.

Anyway .... Its tennis balls for me at an arranged time, to get it done all we need is a bit of consensus on here and the bounce, facebook etc.
    Are you really wanting Hibs fans to be a bunch of tossers at the final?

I have my doubts many tennis balls thrown from the west stand will make it as far as the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post

I have my doubts many tennis balls thrown from the west stand will make it as far as the pitch.
    Good point, I'll bring a tennis racket and the dug's auld tennis baws.
    Get Andy Murray along he's still pretty yisfae at the tennis and should be able to get the right trajectory on the baws tae get them on the pitch.
    This is fair comin' the gither.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 25-11-2021 at 02:28 PM.

... Don't think that hadn't crossed my mind as well mate ........... the good thing is that tennis baws bounce and not all our fans will be at the extreme distance from the pitch.

I'm hoping it will be discussed in detail on Off The Ball tomorrow. I sent the following.

Hi Stuart and Tam,

I am sure you are both aware that the SPFL has decided on allocations for suppporters of the two clubs participating in the League Cup Final (Premier Sports Cup), Celtic and Hibernian such that Celtic supporters will fill around two thirds of Hampden Park and Hibernian supporters are being allowed one third. Historically, when those clubs have met in cup finals the crowd has been split 50/50, and indeed when Hibernian has been in the final this century they have not had less than 50% of the crowd, indeed in 2003, 2007 and 2016, when Hibernian played Livingston, Kilmarnock and Ross County, due to the smaller fanbase of these clubs Hibernian had more than 50% of the crowds.

The SPFL cite the larger number of season ticket holders that Celtic have as the rationale, however that being the case will they give Rangers a lower allocation the next time they play Celtic in a League Cup Final as they have around 8,000 less season ticket holders than Celtic.

As supporters of clubs that may be affected by this arbitary decision in the future I think it is something worth discussing on your programme in
    terms of fairness and sporting integrity I think it is something that needs to be addressed as I see this as the thin end of the wedge that will allow the SPFL to reduce the allocations for all Scottish football clubs with the exception of Cetic and Rangers.

Last edited by Moulin Yarns; 26-11-2021 at 12:13 PM.

I'm hoping it will be discussed in detail on Off The Ball tomorrow. I sent the following.
    👍👍👍

Been trying to come up with a song we could sing with Doncasters name in it as a protest. How hard is it to fit that name in? Any budding songwriters amongst our support come up with anything as I'm stumped

That is a good protest avenue to utilise.
    Your percentage of tickets are probably a bit off for Celtic supporters unless you can tell me otherwise.
    I had them getting circa 25,500 tickets to our 17,500 which would mean they have 50% of the tickets to our 33% with 17% skimmed of the top by the SPFL for sponsors, players, hospitality etc etc.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Absolute certainty to be discussed I’d guess. Kind of topic they’re usually all over.

(Along with the same material and guests they’ve had on for the last 10 years or so but somehow get away with it and still keep it reasonably entertaining!)

Your percentage of tickets are probably a bit off for Celtic supporters unless you can tell me otherwise.
    I had them getting circa 25,500 tickets to our 17,500 which would mean they have 50% of the tickets to our 33% with 17% skimmed of the top by the SPFL for sponsors, players, hospitality etc etc.
    Actually taking the numbers you mentioned we are getting about 40/60 split

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    Been trying to come up with a song we could sing with Doncasters name in it as a protest. How hard is it to fit that name in? Any budding songwriters amongst our support come up with anything as I'm stumped
    Oh donkey donkey, donkey donkey donkey donkey Doncaster, repeat ad infinitum.?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MixerAlizz
    Quote Originally Posted by MKHIBEE View Post
    Oh donkey donkey, donkey donkey donkey donkey Doncaster, repeat ad infinitum.?
    Class

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHibee View Post
    Can anyone explain to me what the SPFL's reasoning was / formula used to give Hibs 17,500?

I've seen the auto-response from Doncaster but it doesn't actually provide transparency on how they arrived at the number.
    I would guess that they looked at the number we sold for the semi plus perhaps the drop-off in numbers attending ER?

Personally, I think the fans who go to the final will generate a better atmosphere than if we got half the stadium because these will be the ones who really want to be there, rather than those who simply want to be at a cup final and rarely attend any other games. As Jack Ross says, the noise from the Hibs fans last Sunday sounded way more than 10k plus I'll always remember the incredible atmosphere around 6k Hibs fans generated when we knocked them out on penalties in the 2004 semi-final.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Good effort

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Actually taking the numbers you mentioned we are getting about 40/60 split
    Also worth remembering that those sponsors and hospitality tickets will be almost all Celtic. which will mean we have closer to 33% in the end.

Good note to OtB, sure they will be discussing it.