hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cup final ticket protest

Hibs haven't failed to shift our allocation for any cup final this century. In fact three times we have sold more than half Hampden's capacity against Livingston, Kilmarnock and Ross County.

Given that fact the SPFL's decision to limit us to 17,500 is a disgrace that effectively hands an advantage to Celtic. Are we so lethargic and submissive as a support that it is outwith our imagination to organise some sort of 'on the day' protest against this biased move that disadvantages our club .... What's the point of the SPFL playing the game at a so called neutral venue at all if they then take an unjustifiable decision that makes that venue anything but neutral?

If it's just about money why not play the bloody game at 60,000 capacity Celtic park and be done with it.

To be honest I'm only thinking this way because of what in my opinion is Hibs absolutely tepid and pathetic response to the issue ..... I for one want to see a far stronger and public response from the club along the lines of accusing the SPFL of being biased in favour of Celtic.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 25-11-2021 at 01:12 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

So what have you got planned for the day that the lethargic tepid support can join in with?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i don't think protests will achieve anything here, wouldn't surprise me if stewards are told to take down any protest banners etc

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs haven't failed to shift our allocation for any cup final this century. In fact three times we have sold more than half Hampden's capacity against Livingston, Kilmarnock and Ross County.

Given that fact the SPFL's decision to limit us to 17,500 is a disgrace that effectively hands an advantage to Celtic. Are we so lethargic and submissive as a support that it is outwith our imagination to organise some sort of 'on the day' protest against this biased move that disadvantages our club .... What's the point of the SPFL playing the game at a so called neutral venue at all if they then take an unjustifiable decision that makes that venue anything but neutral?

If it's just about money why not play the bloody game at 60,000 capacity Celtic park and be done with it.

To be honest I'm only thinking this way because of what in my opinion is Hibs absolutely tepid and pathetic response to the issue ..... I for one want to see a far stronger and public response from the club along the lines of accusing the SPFL of being biased in favour of Celtic.
    Down with this sort of thing. Careful now.

If people want to organise a protest then they should get on and do it.

There are multiple platforms that can be used to drum up support, appeal for financial assistance and so on. It's easy to look to other people to do it, if you want there to be a protest then put the work in to make one happen.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    So...what would a protest look like?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Singing about the TV broadcaster being SXxte causes extreme embrassment to all parties. Doncaster would not be happy about that.

Then again Premier would try turn the microphone off at our end.
    Cougars!!!

To the OP:

So what's your plan for the protest?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Nobody in the Hibs sections of the stadium will give the ticket allocation a moments thought on the day of the game. It’s already starting to feel like old news.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Nobody in the Hibs sections of the stadium will give the ticket allocation a moments thought on the day of the game. It’s already starting to feel like old news.

Given the reaction to last night's result, I'm beginning to wonder if we're actually going to need 17,500 tickets.

Some posters have gone from total elation to 'Ross Out' in the space of three days

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i don't think protests will achieve anything here, wouldn't surprise me if stewards are told to take down any protest banners etc
    The best protest ever would be that not one supporter turns up at Hamden.
    It’s a pipe dream I know but wouldn’t that be something?

Something of this magnitude needs to happen for the authorities to sit up and take notice but it won’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    It's not going to be old news going forward, it will be the norm if you're happy with that.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post

Something of this magnitude needs to happen for the authorities to sit up and take notice but it won’t.
    I think it was Blackpoolhibs who posted, hibs should have taken zero tickets. This would have been the best way to stuck the fingers up to the clowns.
    Cougars!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    I think it was Blackpoolhibs who posted, hibs should have taken zero tickets. This would have been the best way to stuck the fingers up to the clowns.
    Fans are so desperate to go to a cup final that they will just accept anything. They’ll all moan and groan but not many would be willing to actually make that sort of protest.

Unfortunately it means that this type of **** will happen more in the future.

I really thought Someone like Ron Gordon would want to stand upto this clear bias.
    All about the money it seems

Fans are so desperate to go to a cup final that they will just accept anything. They’ll all moan and groan but not many would be willing to actually make that sort of protest.

Unfortunately it means that this type of **** will happen more in the future.

I really thought Someone like Ron Gordon would want to stand upto this clear bias.
    All about the money it seems
    Imagine in five years time when were getting 10,000 for finals against Rangers and Celtic. Can see it a mile off and now precedent has been set what's to stop them?

Left by mutual consent!
    I really think this is the only way. Take no tickets. Football is nothing without fans and at least a fair split.

It's a scandal that we haven't been given 50% of the tickets, an absolute scandal that could set a dangerous precedent.

That is the only real protest but 99% of our complainers are blowhards.

If we dont take our allocation the tickets would just go to Celtic and Hamdump would be full. We would therefore still have to buy our tickets and then not turn up on the day leaving 17500 empty seats which will never happen. IMO its up to the club to take some kind of action like vote of confidence in Doncaster and co or boycott the press, in our modern society where any form of predujice is unacceptable its about time Rangers and Celtic were taken to task and its up to all clubs not just Hibs to do this

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

I’ll quite happily attend the final. That will do for me - and many others I suspect.

Don't take our seats till the game starts but have a large banner calling out SPFL and Doncaster prominently displayed
    Players then walkoff pitch before ref blows for start of game then do not return until fans in the ground.
    Last edited by gbhibby; 25-11-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    That is the only real protest but 99% of our complainers are blowhards.
    And let's face it you would know one.

The thing is for me is that if The Gunts where in the same position as us they wouldnt merely accept it and would demand no less than the full fair allocation, so why do we.

Ive emailed the SFA and am now in two minds about even attending, the fact remains those at the top only care for two clubs and until that changes nothing changes.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LunasBoots View Post
    The thing is for me is that if The Gunts where in the same position as us they wouldnt merely accept it and would demand no less than the full fair allocation, so why do we.

Ive emailed the SFA and am now in two minds about even attending, the fact remains those at the top only care for two clubs and until that changes nothing changes.
    Hibs didn’t just accept it either. They fought their ground for a day or maybe more and were still told no and the SPFL put their statement out.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar

Good luck with your email because it's nothing to do with the SFA
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

You’ve wasted your time emailing the SFA as it’s nothing to do with them .

Not going as a protest to our allocation?? That’s a new excuse

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    And let's face it you would know one.
    Are you a season ticket holder?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hibs didn’t just accept it either. They fought their ground for a day or maybe more and were still told no and the SPFL put their statement out.
    Seems a weak attempt to me, they should have put there foot down, if Rod was still in charge we wouldnt even be having this conversation.

*re sent email to the SPFL

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Seems a weak attempt to me, they should have put there foot down, if Rod was still in charge we wouldnt even be having this conversation.

What does that look like? How do they put their foot down further than they did when the decision maker simply isn’t listening?

In what way would Rod (or hearts) have “put his foot down” that hasn’t been done by the club here?