hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd rather stick thanks.
    Running with the pontoon analogy, McInnes would be like twisting on 17 when you know the aces and twos are gone from the pack.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Or, the players got themselves up for a big Semi Final, then went right back to where they were in the next league game.
    Genuinely didn't think we were that bad yesterday actually thought we were good first half just done by awful goal and red card.

Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    The 3-1 home defeat to Hearts was the pre-cursor to all his criticism and lack of big game credentials.
    Nonsense

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Running with the pontoon analogy, McInnes would be like twisting on 17 when you know the aces and twos are gone from the pack.
    The McInnes shout is only so he can moan about the poor standard of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    It’s a results driven business. The cons are outweighing the pros for me.
    I know that but hopefully you are wrong and we don't panic at the first sign of poor form especially after just reaching our second final on the trot blowing away the league champions. His record at Hibs clearly imo outweighs his cons.

The 3-1 home defeat to Hearts was the pre-cursor to all his criticism and lack of big game credentials.
    I started the jack Ross in big games thread and it was not after the 3-1 hearts defeat at home.

He's also proven since he is very capable in games both big and small. Binning him would be a mistake. He'll turn this round.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I started the jack Ross in big games thread and it was not after the 3-1 hearts defeat at home.

He's also proven since he is very capable in games both big and small. Binning him would be a mistake. He'll turn this round.
    I’m genuinely conflicted about whether he’s the right man any more.

I think he probably deserves the chance to turn it around but I’m not sure how long that chance extends. Sunday came from nowhere really. Otherwise, I’m not seeing a great deal to make me think anything is turning. We can’t score goals.

Derek McInnes
    Nobody agrees, Derek.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I’m genuinely conflicted about whether he’s the right man any more.

I think he probably deserves the chance to turn it around but I’m not sure how long that chance extends. Sunday came from nowhere really. Otherwise, I’m not seeing a great deal to make me think anything is turning. We can’t score goals.
    Maybe Sunday was us turning it around. Last night, as an individual game, was no disaster. A rubbish result away on a Wednesday night, missed chances. It happens. A very rare defeat away from home under Ross. We'll win this weekend.

5 defeats in a row in the league. Potentially looking at 7 now no Doidge or Boyle. This has to be our worst run of form since we all know when.

Sunday was great and the manager and the players got the praise they all fully deserved but we can’t go on like this.

I’m not sitting here calling for the manager to be sacked this isn’t exactly a Ross out thread but if this run continues then surely the club will have no choice but to sack him or we could be in real trouble which is a very scary thought.

It’s also confusing because Sunday showed we can perform to a much higher level. Yes we had an awful summer window and that no doubt has a part to play in this but ultimately the players that are still here are more than good enough to get results needed.
    I think the squad is underachieving and the buck stops at the manager. Whether it's bad luck or bad management is something only time will tell but Ron doesn't strike me as a wait and see character. I think that if there is no improvement in the next few weeks, Jack Ross will be in an extremely precarious position, particularly so since we now have an obvious caretaker manager at the club in Steve Kean.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Wasn’t really criticising him. Just pointing out that we weren’t 11th when he came in. We’ll never know where we’d have finished had the season been played to completion, would probably have been determined by that St Johnstone game. We weren’t steadily climbing by the time the season was stopped though, hadn’t won in three and the last two games we got pumped by Hearts and Aberdeen.
    But before those 2 pumpings we were steadily climbing the table ok....

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    But before those 2 pumpings we were steadily climbing the table ok....
    We’d climbed from where he took over but then dropped a bit again. Enough problems to discuss currently without going in to all that though. As I said, my intention wasn’t really to criticise him for what he did at that point in time, we did clearly improve I just thought that initial improvement was more modest than others did.

Maybe Sunday was us turning it around. Last night, as an individual game, was no disaster. A rubbish result away on a Wednesday night, missed chances. It happens. A very rare defeat away from home under Ross. We'll win this weekend.
    I really hope we do but I'm not sure where you are getting the confidence from that we'll beat St Johnstone. A team we have a terrible record against and we'll be without our best player.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Looks like "Sunday was papering over the cracks" is the new "doesn't win big games".

Na its more like "doesn't win wee games" now

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Don’t agree with your last sentence.

His job is safe until the cup final at least, I genuinely think we could lose every game between now and then and he won’t get sacked.

Once the cup final is out the road is when pressure will start to build of league form doesn’t improve IMO.
    This post could have been made a couple of years ago when Heckingbottom was here!

I like JR but I think he’s pretty much already on the way out.

If we lose the final I and a few more league games next month, I think he’ll be gone in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I really hope we do but I'm not sure where you are getting the confidence from that we'll beat St Johnstone. A team we have a terrible record against and we'll be without our best player.
    St Johnstone are terrible, we're not. No reason we cant win.

Let's hope so.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar

totally agree and we should be going into the game with positive thoughts.

Saturday is the first league game in a long time that i don't fancy us to get something. In saying that i thought we would lose on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    totally agree and we should be going into the game with positive thoughts.
    I am planning a full 12 minute mindfulness session to flood Jack and the boys with positive thoughts, i think we all should

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I think if we lose the next 3 or 4 games and we're on an 8 or 9 match losing streak then he'll be on a very shoogly peg.

Not many managers can afford to lose that many consecutive league games and still keep their job.
    An eight or nine match losing run? Have we ever had a run as bad as that? Surely we'll pick up a point or two somewhere although it's hard to see where. With the team we're likely to be putting out in Perth it's hard to see past another grim 1-0 type defeat, while Rangers will be well fired up for revenge next week.

Out of interest, anyone know what our worst ever run of league results is? In living memory I'm guessing it must have come under Butcher, Duffy or Turnbull (ie relegation seasons).

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    An eight or nine match losing run? Have we ever had a run as bad as that? Surely we'll pick up a point or two somewhere although it's hard to see where. With the team we're likely to be putting out in Perth it's hard to see past another grim 1-0 type defeat, while Rangers will be well fired up for revenge next week.

Out of interest, anyone know what our worst ever run of league results is? In living memory I'm guessing it must have come under Butcher, Duffy or Turnbull (ie relegation seasons).
    Looking at the league table at the start of January 2014 it's still hard to believe how we ended up getting relegated. That must be the worst run of form in the 2nd half of the season in the club's history. Quite unbelievable that run.

https://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/comphist_tables_onday.php?played=2014-01-13&played_dp=1&played_year_start=128&played_year_e nd=2021&played_mon=&played_da1=128-06-01&played_da2=2021-11-24&played_sna=1&played_aut=&played_frm=&played_tar =&played_inp=1&played_fmt=d-M-Y&played_day=13&played_month=01&played_year=2014&s ubmit=Submit

Looking at the league table at the start of January 2014 it's still hard to believe how we ended up getting relegated. That must be the worst run of form in the 2nd half of the season in the club's history. Quite unbelievable that run.

https://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/comphist_tables_onday.php?played=2014-01-13&played_dp=1&played_year_start=128&played_year_e nd=2021&played_mon=&played_da1=128-06-01&played_da2=2021-11-24&played_sna=1&played_aut=&played_frm=&played_tar =&played_inp=1&played_fmt=d-M-Y&played_day=13&played_month=01&played_year=2014&s ubmit=Submit
    4 points from our last 13 matches.

I wasn’t directly calling for it, I was trying to have an open discussion on how long this can carry on but I can see it’s descending into a bit of a farce with comments like yours
    It's not hard to predict how a thread about sacking the manager, dressed up as an open discussion if you like? Would go after a hibs defeat.

I'm just sick of how after a win this board is full of Ross is brilliant and after a loss its full of he's awful sack him.

He's not getting sacked before the window closes in January.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

In response to the OP the club have now acted. Here's an excerpt from Jack Ross:

To be, or not to be, that is the question:

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer in Dingwall,

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune against Doidge,

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles in Perth

Jack will be appearing in Mothergoose at The Weegie Pavilion if things don't go well in December

Last edited by CMurdoch; 25-11-2021 at 11:21 PM.