hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 265
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The goalie had a worldly? there's 1 for starters
    Read again. I never said the goalie had a worldy. I said itís been made out that he did. He (their goalie) never had a serious save to make.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #122
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The goalie had a worldly? there's 1 for starters
    You need to read his post properly.

  4. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many efforts on goal did we have v Rangers? Had we scored our chances weíd probably have even had the same result. The way we setup and the way we played in the first half was very similar to Sunday. The avoidable goal then screws up the game for us.
    Youíre comparing last night to playing the champions in a national cup semi final. We won the game in the first half an hour, sat back and protected what we had for the remainder. We were never going to create chance after chance.

    Last night we were playing the team bottom of the league who had one win and conceded 26 goals in their 12 games. We had a couple of decent bits of play in the first half and nothing after the break other than a couple of half chances from the edge of the box.

    Weíre absolutely toothless as a team except for one man.

  5. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Read again. I never said the goalie had a worldy. I said itís been made out that he did. He (their goalie) never had a serious save to make.
    Show me where's it being made out he did, that was my point, I can read thanks.

  6. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Show me where's it being made out he did, that was my point, I can read thanks.
    I keep reading that we missed countless chances. By that measure, the goalie must have had something to do with keeping us out. In reality, he had to gather a few tame efforts, Thatís not us being unlucky as is being made out, itís poor finishing. We canít score goals.

  7. #126
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I keep reading that we missed countless chances. By that measure, the goalie must have had something to do with keeping us out. In reality, he had to gather a few tame efforts, Thatís not us being unlucky as is being made out, itís poor finishing. We canít score goals.
    Yep, have a watch of Nisbets attempts last night.

  8. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh god, we lost a game, that boy bond rubbish is being said again, totally out of context and complete rubbish.
    I knew and Iím sure others did that a performance like that was on the cards. Still though they couldnít do anything about it.

    Iím not saying they are a boy band but that they showed they have it in them.

  9. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I keep reading that we missed countless chances. By that measure, the goalie must have had something to do with keeping us out. In reality, he had to gather a few tame efforts, Thatís not us being unlucky as is being made out, itís poor finishing. We canít score goals.
    So it's not being made out he had a worldy and you just made that up? thanks for clarifying my point

  10. #129
    Was we great last night? No Was we terrible? No.

    Put in average performances then you will get average results which unfortunately is becoming the norm again for Hibs.

    Really can't see Ron sacking Jack any time soon unless we have a really bad December which on paper don't look great for us.

    Two good results in 18 months is not great but I will always support Hibs and the manager come kick off.

  11. #130
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was we great last night? No Was we terrible? No.

    Put in average performances then you will get average results which unfortunately is becoming the norm again for Hibs.

    Really can't see Ron sacking Jack any time soon unless we have a really bad December which on paper don't look great for us.

    Two good results in 18 months is not great but I will always support Hibs and the manager come kick off.
    Two good results in 18 months?

    Think you'll see some comments for that one.

  12. #131
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was we great last night? No Was we terrible? No.

    Put in average performances then you will get average results which unfortunately is becoming the norm again for Hibs.

    Really can't see Ron sacking Jack any time soon unless we have a really bad December which on paper don't look great for us.

    Two good results in 18 months is not great but I will always support Hibs and the manager come kick off.
    Two good results in 18 months? I didnít realise things were so bad that we were heading for league 1!

  13. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two good results in 18 months? I didnít realise things were so bad that we were heading for league 1!
    Nearly spat my coffee out at that one myself

  14. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two good results in 18 months? I didnít realise things were so bad that we were heading for league 1!
    Maybe should of said two great results instead of good as bar 0-2 away to tynie and last Sunday please give me some great results??

    Winning at home to Ross county 3-0 and away 0-4 to Hamilton and 1-4 away to Livingston should be normal for a club the side of Hibs.

  15. #134
    @hibs.net private member Bobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    EH7
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,870
    It's all about fine margins, Nisbet had 3 decent chances and Hanlon hit the post, if we score with any of them then its a different game but we don't and we lose to a really poor goal. Our main problem is the lack of quality in our crossing and set piece delivery, we pass up far too many chances because of that.

    Everyone knows the squad needs more depth both up front and in defence but we may not see enough changes in the January window to really make that much of a difference? The players we currently have need to dig deep until their fortunes change and hopefully we'll start to see the return of better results.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.


  16. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's all about fine margins, Nisbet had 3 decent chances and Hanlon hit the post, if we score with any of them then its a different game but we don't and we lose to a really poor goal. Our main problem is the lack of quality in our crossing and set piece delivery, we pass up far too many chances because of that.

    Everyone knows the squad needs more depth both up front and in defence but we may not see enough changes in the January window to really make that much of a difference? The players we currently have need to dig deep until their fortunes change and hopefully we'll start to see the return of better results.
    And on that note let's all get behind the team and pick up the dummy

  17. #136
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe should of said two great results instead of good as bar 0-2 away to tynie and last Sunday please give me some great results??

    Winning at home to Ross county 3-0 and away 0-4 to Hamilton and 1-4 away to Livingston should be normal for a club the side of Hibs.
    Ok, so how many ďgreatĒ results is it possible to have if you have ruled that 90% of the games we play are ineligible?

  18. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe should of said two great results instead of good as bar 0-2 away to tynie and last Sunday please give me some great results??

    Winning at home to Ross county 3-0 and away 0-4 to Hamilton and 1-4 away to Livingston should be normal for a club the side of Hibs.
    Should be but rarely has been. Thereís a vocal minority that got bored with winning all these games comfortably cos theyíre not sexy enough - even to the extent they were happy to discard winning 1-0 away to Aberdeen and 3-0 and 3-1 at home to them, especially cos cups were more important.

    Now last nightís more important than the cup. Quite hard to keep up - they keep you on your toes.

  19. #138
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's all about fine margins, Nisbet had 3 decent chances and Hanlon hit the post, if we score with any of them then its a different game but we don't and we lose to a really poor goal. Our main problem is the lack of quality in our crossing and set piece delivery, we pass up far too many chances because of that.

    Everyone knows the squad needs more depth both up front and in defence but we may not see enough changes in the January window to really make that much of a difference? The players we currently have need to dig deep until their fortunes change and hopefully we'll start to see the return of better results.
    I think the term fine margins angers the fans more than anything. Nothing more infuriating than Jack Ross saying losing a Derby Semi Final is down to fine margins.

  20. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the term fine margins angers the fans more than anything. Nothing more infuriating than Jack Ross saying losing a Derby Semi Final is down to fine margins.
    Do you think it only angers the fans that donít understand what fine margins means?

  21. #140
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think it only angers the fans that donít understand what fine margins means?
    Fine Margins is a textbook cliche to say we were unlucky.

    I don't think it's what the fans want to hear after such a loss though.

  22. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fine Margins is a textbook cliche to say we were unlucky.

    I don't think it's what the fans want to hear after such a loss though.
    Even if we are?

    It doesnít just mean unlucky BTW.

  23. #142
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    51
    Posts
    28,338
    Expectations need to be managed about the January window. Itís going to be hard to find clubs who want to let good players leave and good players who want to come. Good players know they can earn more at other clubs. (Unless we have a new wage structure planned).

  24. #143
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    34,409
    Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fine Margins is a textbook cliche to say we were unlucky.

    I don't think it's what the fans want to hear after such a loss though.
    What do you want to hear? The manager foaming at the mouth and slagging off every player individually?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  25. #144
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thankerton, SL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    12,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even if we are?

    It doesnít just mean unlucky BTW.
    Nope, thats not what fans want to hear regardless of how true it is.

    I for one think it sums up the vast majority of games we've had under Jack Ross where we've lost.

    If our striker scores his chances last night we win the game IMO.
    A great day out ruined by the football

  26. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Expectations need to be managed about the January window. Itís going to be hard to find clubs who want to let good players leave and good players who want to come. Good players know they can earn more at other clubs. (Unless we have a new wage structure planned).
    We have 2 coming in already. Iíd expect 3 more with at least Allan and Wright leaving. The loan players will also be away.

  27. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope, thats not what fans want to hear regardless of how true it is.

    I for one think it sums up the vast majority of games we've had under Jack Ross where we've lost.

    If our striker scores his chances last night we win the game IMO.
    That sounds like fine margins while singling out an individual.

  28. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, so how many ďgreatĒ results is it possible to have if you have ruled that 90% of the games we play are ineligible?
    Im just saying that's all the great results I could think of at the time of he post.

  29. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The bod band thing annoys me more than it should. Was it not originally directed at Riordan, Thompson etc with their bleached hair? Why does it get trotted out when we lose a game? Makes absolutely no sense.
    Correct

    Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is not used more to describe how soft we can be at times, take last night for example, a cold winter night up in the Scottish Highlands.
    Incorrect

  30. #149
    "This isn't a Ross out thread"

    Proceeds to ask about manager getting sacked.

    Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

  31. #150
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im just saying that's all the great results I could think of at the time of he post.
    But if you say we only had 2 great results, but then say the vast majority of the games we play are not eligible to be great results: if you rule out league games against anyone outside hearts and the old firm, thereís not many games left. Especially given hearts havenít been around for 12 of those 18 months.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)