hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

When are the club going to act?

5 defeats in a row in the league. Potentially looking at 7 now no Doidge or Boyle. This has to be our worst run of form since we all know when.

Sunday was great and the manager and the players got the praise they all fully deserved but we can’t go on like this.

I’m not sitting here calling for the manager to be sacked this isn’t exactly a Ross out thread but if this run continues then surely the club will have no choice but to sack him or we could be in real trouble which is a very scary thought.

It’s also confusing because Sunday showed we can perform to a much higher level. Yes we had an awful summer window and that no doubt has a part to play in this but ultimately the players that are still here are more than good enough to get results needed.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Potentially felt the effects of Sunday tonight, to be fair. How many times have teams had a huge performance then fine on to win the next game so close to it?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Potentially felt the effects of Sunday tonight, to be fair. How many times have teams had a huge performance then fine on to win the next game so close to it?
    Yeah that’s a fair comment matty but like I said that’s now 5 on the bounce in the league and potentially looking at 7.. at what point does something change?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    Yeah that’s a fair comment matty but like I said that’s now 5 on the bounce in the league and potentially looking at 7.. at what point does something change?
    Go on then, you tell us what you'd like the club to do, magic some players out of thin air? wish away all the injuries and suspensions? Or is this another of your Ross out posts, give it a rest man.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    Go on then, you tell us what you'd like the club to do, magic some players out of thin air? wish away all the injuries and suspensions? Or is this another of your Ross out posts, give it a rest man.
    Yep the thread title is a bit of a giveaway to his thoughts.

The thing people need to realise is that games like tonight aren’t the one offs. It’s games and performances like Sunday.

Too many performances and results like tonight and not enough like Sunday.

Something has to change.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    The club aren’t going to act and nor should they.

it’s a crap night and a bad run. That’s all. We’ll be alright
    Last edited by Pagan Hibernia; 24-11-2021 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    The club aren’t going to act and not should they.

it’s a crap night and a bad run. That’s all. We’ll be alright
    It’s our worst run of form since Butcher. If we surpass that run should the club act?

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    It’s our worst run of form since Butcher. If we surpass that run should the club act?
    let’s see where we are at the winter break. If we’re in in a serious relegation battle then, and lost the cup final… yes the club should act.

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    The thing people need to realise is that games like tonight aren’t the one offs. It’s games and performances like Sunday.

Something has to change.
    Don't know what the answer is, but if we are all honest - you are right, Sunday was the one that shocked us, not tonight.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Time is running out for JR at our club. There is still time to save our season by a change of management

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Time is running out for JR at our club. There is still time to save our season by a change of management
    He was always the wrong choice, his spell at Sunderland was awful. He's too stubborn to change though and I think we're in trouble.

Something has to change.
    What's changing is we are not going to chop and change manager every time we have a blip. Ross Jack is here for the long term like it or not. What happened to perseverance?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Something has to change.
    Only recently prior to that we were very consistent. His win rate for a Hibs manager is exceptional

Unless we lose every game until the final and the final he’s not going anywhere.

I feel like the club are fully behind Ross and to be honest rightly so after what he’s achieved.

But 5 defeats in a row in the league is indefensible. Never know we might get 6 or 4 points from the next 2 games and that takes us 6th and in a final with lots of games to go before the season end.

There’s not a huge gap either way and a run of form quickly changes everything.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Unless we lose every game until the final and the final he’s not going anywhere.

I feel like the club are fully behind Ross and to be honest rightly so after what he’s achieved.

But 5 defeats in a row in the league is indefensible. Never know we might get 6 or 4 points from the next 2 games and that takes us 6th and in a final with lots of games to go before the season end.

I think the club very much see Jack Ross as being virtually bulletproof for the time being. I think they pretty much accept that he was let down in the summer and is working with his hands tied until we get to January.

Personally i think that’s being a bit kind on him, and he should be getting more out of the team than we are seeing.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

When does a run of form become the ‘norm’? Admire the optimism but I just don’t see that happening to be realistic.
    Last edited by Hibs90; 24-11-2021 at 09:16 PM.

Sunday's performance put a very temporary mask on the problems at Hibs. Tonight's result was on the cards.

Even with a full squad we are still short of real depth, which was caused by the last transfer window.

If they do not realise it already a few of the posters on here are in for a bumby ride given the amount of fixtures on the horizon. Our real problems won't be anywhere near getting solved until the next transfer window.

It looks to me this season may be one where we hover around mid-table and look for success in the cups. Hopefully we do not suffer injuries to key players or we may continue to drop even further down the table.

No way will Ross be sacked by Hibs, unless he decides he has had enough or feels he is not getting enough backing from Gordon.

First Team Breakthrough Since1875's Avatar

I’m interested to know what Jack Ross had “achieved”??

Sunday was great but my concern is that it’s papering over the cracks!! GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since1875 View Post
    I’m interested to know what Jack Ross had “achieved”??

Sunday was great but my concern is that it’s papering over the cracks!! GGTTH
    Did you miss last seasons league campaign?

First Team Breakthrough Since1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Did you miss last seasons league campaign?
    I did not no. But in a league without Hearts and a poor Aberdeen team I think finishing less than third would be unacceptable, just my opinion of course.

I’ve never been the managers biggest fan. Not since he walked in the door. Last season he got away with it coz we finished 3rd but in all reality we were poor more often than we were good and the cup runs kept him ticking over.

Personally, I’d have sacked him after the cup final BUT he was kept on and backed in the summer (we didn’t have a poor window in terms of numbers. We actually signed quite a few players). This is his mess and he needs to go. Cup final or not 5 league defeats in a row isn’t good enough. Time to wake up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    What's happened to that Top 4 record for so many months now Jack?

With the run of games and amount of games coming up, I think he's a goner and hopefully sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by 90274; 24-11-2021 at 09:14 PM.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post

With the run of games and amount of games coming up, I think he's a goner and hopefully sooner rather than later.
    9x2=18 74 the year hearts were formed.

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    9x2=18 74 the year hearts were formed.
    Give it a rest.

Give it a rest.
    Did you enjoy your rest on Sunday?

@hibs.net private member

None of them are big matches so don’t count towards sacking him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    None of them are big matches so don’t count towards sacking him.
    Maybe so but losing 5 straight league games isn't on, it could easily be 7 straight league losses. Terry Butcher stuff.

@hibs.net private member
    Maybe so but losing 5 straight league games isn't on, it could easily be 7 straight league losses. Terry Butcher stuff.
    Could.

Might not be.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Could.

Might not be.
    Probably will be in reality though.