hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    100% agree

But that’s what Ross has to work with and to freshen the 11 up after Sunday those players all have enough game time to came in and offer the squad rotation option. Don’t think it would have changed the score or performance but point im making is Ross was too focused on sticking with what worked against rangers when in reality it was a totally different game tonight.

Poor tactics, judgment, what ever you want to call it
    Sorry I couldn’t disagree more, it just lays bare how awful our summer window was. When 2 of our loanees couldn’t even get on the bench it shows how poor it was.

I don’t think that falls on Ross’s shoulders.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

2. Log in to remove the advert

I’d disagree with that to be fair.

He had, Gullan, Allan, Stevenson, Gogic, dare I say it Wright with enough experience to put in a shift and supply some fresh legs to the first 11.
    I think every player listed there would have weakened us tonight.

Obviously they would have provided fresher legs but I would argue it just proves the point about our lack of strength in depth when we are suggesting guys like Gogic, Gullan and Wright as options to freshen things up.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

100% agree

But that’s what Ross has to work with and to freshen the 11 up after Sunday those players all have enough game time to came in and offer the squad rotation option. Don’t think it would have changed the score or performance but point im making is Ross was too focused on sticking with what worked against rangers when in reality it was a totally different game tonight.

Agree that they’re different games but that doesn’t necessarily mean you change the system or players. The players out there tonight and in the positions they were in had more than enough to win tonight.

We made a lot of decent chances but never took them.

I’d hate to see the players & fans reaction if he had changed it at all after Sunday’s performance. He would have got crucified if he changed it and we lost.

I think if we lose the next 3 or 4 games and we're on an 8 or 9 match losing streak then he'll be on a very shoogly peg.

Not many managers can afford to lose that many consecutive league games and still keep their job.

Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    Give it a rest.
    Did you enjoy your rest on Sunday?

Rough result against an awful side. Sounded like it could've gone either way and we didn't take chances. No need to meltdown, we go again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I think if we lose the next 3 or 4 games and we're on an 8 or 9 match losing streak then he'll be on a very shoogly peg.

Not many managers can afford to lose that many consecutive league games and still keep their job.
    it’s a cut-throat business unfortunately

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    JR's comments -

"I don't think we were poor, I don't think we were exceptional," Ross told BBC Scotland post-match. "But I don't think we necessarily deserved to lose the game. I think the only opportunities to come against us were in the latter stages when we were down to 10 men. I think prior to that we were comfortable.

"First half, we created good opportunities, but we don't take them. Second half, we huffed and puffed a lot and maybe ran out of a little energy after Sunday.

"So performance-level okay, but we need to be better than okay to win games and we need to get back to doing that as quickly as possible in terms of the league."

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    5 defeats in a row in the league. Potentially looking at 7 now no Doidge or Boyle. This has to be our worst run of form since we all know when.

Sunday was great and the manager and the players got the praise they all fully deserved but we can’t go on like this.

I’m not sitting here calling for the manager to be sacked this isn’t exactly a Ross out thread but if this run continues then surely the club will have no choice but to sack him or we could be in real trouble which is a very scary thought.

It’s also confusing because Sunday showed we can perform to a much higher level. Yes we had an awful summer window and that no doubt has a part to play in this but ultimately the players that are still here are more than good enough to get results needed.
    did sunday really show that?

1st half granted we played well, but the second half was backs to the wall without much else. the stats from that game 29% possession and 3 shots are pretty dire, has there been a game where possession stats have been that low before?

Every time you think right this is it, ross is all right, it goes tits up. Tonight we never really played bad, but we never really played good either, like you said its confusing, for me it hinges on the management.

On here the majority have been behind ross and shout down the ross out guys constantly, but the reality is the fan base is pretty split on ross and has been since the 3-1 defeat to hearts at easter road.

We won't lose the next 3 or 4 though. No way.

Left by mutual consent!
    1 away win all season on the opening day and the home form is patchy to say the least.

Blog Entries
    100% agree

I agree. However, some of the players who JR might have brought in tonight, but were left on the bench are among those who will be moved on in January. I think JR, for whatever reason, was loathe to give them a start tonight, in favour of the winning team from Sunday. It backfired on him big time and, although I’m pro JR, I think he’s only a couple of games away from a crisis.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

That’s true but I don’t think it will happen. He wasn’t helped tonight by 2 of his more senior players being stupidly sent off. Hopefully both are fined for letting their teammates down.

United we stand here....

We weren’t poor tho. We just didn’t score with the chances we made. That’s football.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I don't think we will either but Nisbet will need to find a way to start scoring. Either that or we get away with a 0-0 or 2 which I doubt. Saturday looks a hell of a task now.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    We weren’t poor tho. We just didn’t score with the chances we made. That’s football.
    First half we were good but thought we were mediocre second half.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Agree that they’re different games but that doesn’t necessarily mean you change the system or players. The players out there tonight and in the positions they were in had more than enough to win tonight.

We made a lot of decent chances but never took them.

I’d hate to see the players & fans reaction if he had changed it at all after Sunday’s performance. He would have got crucified if he changed it and we lost.
    Think your right

My concern is the squad depth.

There is literally nothing there. Ross clearly can’t or won’t change he has 12/13 players he clearly only sees fit to start. The rest will know their time is coming to an end. How it got to this I don’t know.

First Team Breakthrough Since1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Did you miss last seasons league campaign?
    I did not no. But in a league without Hearts and a poor Aberdeen team I think finishing less than third would be unacceptable, just my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Sorry I couldn’t disagree more, it just lays bare how awful our summer window was. When 2 of our loanees couldn’t even get on the bench it shows how poor it was.

I don’t think that falls on Ross’s shoulders.
    I think a part must be on Ross shoulders.
    Mathie has been punted cause of it.

Was Ross not strong enough demanding more players.

He has been unlucky with injuries, but every team in the world gets injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    I don't think we will either but Nisbet will need to find a way to start scoring. Either that or we get away with a 0-0 or 2 which I doubt. Saturday looks a hell of a task now.
    Next Weds looks much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure.

We could easily lose our next 2 and then we're at home to a Motherwell side who are doing quite well so far.

It's obviously not a foregone conclusion that we will lose them all but we're in a real slump right now in the league and we need to turn it around quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    The thing people need to realise is that games like tonight aren’t the one offs. It’s games and performances like Sunday.

Too many performances and results like tonight and not enough like Sunday.

Something has to change.
    What's changing is we are not going to chop and change manager every time we have a blip. Ross Jack is here for the long term like it or not. What happened to perseverance?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    JR's comments -

"I don't think we were poor, I don't think we were exceptional," Ross told BBC Scotland post-match. "But I don't think we necessarily deserved to lose the game. I think the only opportunities to come against us were in the latter stages when we were down to 10 men. I think prior to that we were comfortable.

"First half, we created good opportunities, but we don't take them. Second half, we huffed and puffed a lot and maybe ran out of a little energy after Sunday.

"So performance-level okay, but we need to be better than okay to win games and we need to get back to doing that as quickly as possible in terms of the league."
    That’s a pretty fair reflection to be honest, if maybe a little positive more of a positive outlook on the second half. The longer this month goes on the worse the summer transfer window is going to look. After the reds tonight I’d almost say the next 2 games are a write off, it’s grim

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Looks like "Sunday was papering over the cracks" is the new "doesn't win big games".
    There’s no real way to dress up the fact that we’ve lost 5 on the bounce, just been beaten by bottom of the league and now go into the weekend with 2 huge players suspended.

It’s a bipolar Hibs side. They deserve the great credit for Sunday. They can’t hide from the deserved criticism of the appalling league form.

@hibs.net private member
    What's happened to that Top 4 record for so many months now Jack?

With the run of games and amount of games coming up, I think he's a goner and hopefully sooner rather than later.
    None of them are big matches so don’t count towards sacking him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    None of them are big matches so don’t count towards sacking him.
    Maybe so but losing 5 straight league games isn't on, it could easily be 7 straight league losses. Terry Butcher stuff.

@hibs.net private member
    Maybe so but losing 5 straight league games isn't on, it could easily be 7 straight league losses. Terry Butcher stuff.
    Could.

Might not be.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    That’s a pretty fair reflection to be honest, if maybe a little positive more of a positive outlook on the second half. The longer this month goes on the worse the summer transfer window is going to look. After the reds tonight I’d almost say the next 2 games are a write off, it’s grim
    Don't like the the 'huffed and puffed' part and using Sunday as an excuse. We could have easily made a number of changes if he knew we were going to struggle with fitness tonight. Stevenson, Gogic, Allan, Doidge and Gullan could have all come in. Not all five but a mixture of any of them to freshen things up.

I do realise three did eventually come on with one sending off and the other two did absolutely nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Time is running out for JR at our club. There is still time to save our season by a change of management
    He was always the wrong choice, his spell at Sunderland was awful. He's too stubborn to change though and I think we're in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Could.

Might not be.
    Probably will be in reality though.