hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He seems to be held to a different standard from other players, who are allowed consecutive poor games but start the following ones. As disappointing as I find it I’ve come to accept he no longer has a future with us.
    100% agree. He had 1 bad 45 v Dundee utd (like most of his team mates) and that seems to be that. Doesnt get unlimited opportunities like others.

As for Boyle im more inclined to give him a bit of slack. Hes been our best player this season by a distance and had a daft moment at the end of the game. Its not as if hes at it every game and renowned for being ill-disciplined.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    For me the most annoying thing is the referee was the official who told Heckingbottom to **** off when he was a fourth official causing Hecky to go public with it.

Seems it’s ok for him to tell someone to **** off but not the other way around.
    Interesting didn't know that. Explains his performance last night.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    100% agree. He had 1 bad 45 v Dundee utd (like most of his team mates) and that seems to be that. Doesnt get unlimited opportunities like others.

As for Boyle im more inclined to give him a bit of slack. Hes been our best player this season by a distance and had a daft moment at the end of the game. Its not as if hes at it every game and renowned for being ill-disciplined.

Bottom line is with Allan he hasn't been great and doesn't look particularly sharp including last night. Campbell obviously impressed the manager much more than him as shown on Sunday.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    He seems to be held to a different standard from other players, who are allowed consecutive poor games but start the following ones. As disappointing as I find it I’ve come to accept he no longer has a future with us.
    Of course Scott Allan is held to different standards, he is a player with specific health issues and the club, Jack Ross specifically, will be taking great care of him as his conditions ebb and flow.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    For me the most annoying thing is the referee was the official who told Heckingbottom to **** off when he was a fourth official causing Hecky to go public with it.

Seems it’s ok for him to tell someone to **** off but not the other way around.
    Interesting that. Talking about the refs performance on the way down the road and I mentioned it wasn’t just his decisions that were crap, his manner and the way he dealt with the players was as well. He was one of them who seemed to quite like shouting at them and generally seemed to piss everyone off.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Not trying to excuse Boyle, but the dissent rule seems a mess to me. Dissent is surely just that. Talking back of any form. That was surrendered generations back and we’re left in a situation where swearing at a ref is bookable or not depending on how bad the ref receives it as.

For what it’s worth, I’d like to see football be like rugby where there is a universally-understood line you don’t cross.
    If a rugby player had done what Boyle did, irrespective of whether he swore or not, but just simply for his "in your face" finger pointing criticism, he'd be looking at a minimum 6 weeks suspension rising to a year!
    A player must not verbally abuse a Match Official. Verbal abuse includes, but is not limited to,abuse based on: religion, colour, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation.Low-end:6 weeks/matches to 12 weeks/matches; Mid-range:18+ weeks/matches; Max:52 weeks/matches.

Scottish football would run out of players within a week.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    are there any twitter/youtube clips of what Boyle did, i totally missed it

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    are there any twitter/youtube clips of what Boyle did, i totally missed it
    Hibs tv highlights and BBC highlights both include it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Bottom line is with Allan he hasn't been great and doesn't look particularly sharp including last night. Campbell obviously impressed the manager much more than him as shown on Sunday.
    Allan can’t be sharp when he hardly gets any minutes on the park. When he did get a wee run he was contributing.

Second half last night was crying out for someone who could do something a bit different. We were doing nothing in the final third and the game was drifting along until they scored. It was a reactive sub to chase the game rather than trying to make a proactive one to win the game. Campbell did a specific job at the weekend but I’ve not seen anything to suggest that he’s going to be the creative type (so he’ll probably fit in quite well with this team).

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    There could be a silver lining where no Boyle forces us into a total change of system which could catch St Johnstone off guard.

FWIW I thought we were fine last night, but Nisbet's finishing really let us down, and it seemed we were punished by the ref for every ball into the box.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post

I'm with you on this one, Boyle must be one of the league's most fouled players.
    Yet he just gets up and gets on with the game, no wonder he gets f#cking pissed off with these inconsistent ref's !

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Of course Scott Allan is held to different standards, he is a player with specific health issues and the club, Jack Ross specifically, will be taking great care of him as his conditions ebb and flow.
    C’mon you really can’t believe he’s getting 15 minutes here and there because Jack Ross is protecting him. He’s getting so little time because Ross prefers others over him, evidenced by the fact he tried to offload him in the summer window. It’s clear he wants a midfield of workers with no flair or cutting edge over someone who can cut the opposition open, but isn’t great defensively and may lose possession.

I’m really disappointed that Ross prefers Josh Campbell over Scott Allan, but as I said earlier I’ve come to accept his career at Hibs is effectively over.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Hibs tv highlights and BBC highlights both include it.
    thanks will have a look later

although not prolific Gavin Duncan does like that red card a little Gavin Duncan Football Referee (football-lineups.com)

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    There could be a silver lining where no Boyle forces us into a total change of system which could catch St Johnstone off guard.

FWIW I thought we were fine last night, but Nisbet's finishing really let us down, and it seemed we were punished by the ref for every ball into the box.

I'd like to see that but the sad fact is that without Boyle, we're pretty toothless and predictable.

We'll have Nisbet, who hasn't scored in months and.... well that's about it.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I've seen very little from Scott Allan this season (perhaps understandably) to see how he should be starting games or getting significant game time.

It sounds very harsh and cruel considering what he's been through, but I don't think he's of the required standard any longer.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I've seen very little from Scott Allan this season (perhaps understandably) to see how he should be starting games or getting significant game time.

It sounds very harsh and cruel considering what he's been through, but I don't think he's of the required standard any longer.
    He’s contributed when he’s got on the pitch. One goal and four assists in 434 minutes of football isn’t bad going.

Quote Originally Posted by SON OF PADDY View Post
    I'm with you on this one, Boyle must be one of the league's most fouled players.
    Yet he just gets up and gets on with the game, no wonder he gets f#cking pissed off with these inconsistent ref's !
    Absolutely especially when he is rotationally hacked down. Personally thought Randall's hack down his Achilles could have been red as imo was meant to injure. Horrible tackle and Boyler gets them every game with little protection