hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When we get anything like a full squad back do you think we will improve? I think there's no doubt we will.
    Let's hope so. The run of games we have along with the suspensions worries me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Teams that don’t play a high line against us will have a good chance of beating us. Teams that play a high line and we can get in behind with boyle. We can’t break teams down

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I'd say there's an argument he's certainly our second most important player after Boyle.

He just has a passion and will to win that seems infectious when he plays. I don't see that in other players.
    Magennis is the man who transforms this team.

Boyle is the cutting edge in the final third.

Porteous and Hanlon are both huge players at the back and are badly missed when absent.

If we’re missing any of them we look poorer. If we’re missing 2 or more we look lost.

I expect us to look lost without Magennis and Boyle at the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    Let's hope so. The run of games we have along with the suspensions worries me.
    Their record suggests they will, you really don't have anything to worry about.. do you?

JR must be tearing his hair out at the inconsistency of so many in our squad. We aren’t dealing with a Butcher style melt down here, it’s a blip. Keep the faith, we will turn this around.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    JR must be tearing his hair out at the inconsistency of so many in our squad. We aren’t dealing with a Butcher style melt down here, it’s a blip. Keep the faith, we will turn this around.

@hibs.net private member
    Helpful posts this ..completely agree .

Players and Ross will find their way out of this league run soon

Well that didn't last long.

You'd think the manager would have a bit of credit in the bank after Sunday, but apparently not

Jeezo

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

You'd think the manager would have a bit of credit in the bank after Sunday, but apparently not

Jeezo

Agree a ridiculous onslaught imo.

Jeezo

I agree, once we get most of our players back and January signings in we’ll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Magennis is the man who transforms this team.

Boyle is the cutting edge in the final third.

Porteous and Hanlon are both huge players at the back and are badly missed when absent.

If we’re missing any of them we look poorer. If we’re missing 2 or more we look lost.

I expect us to look lost without Magennis and Boyle at the weekend.
    I like Magennis but I'm not sure I'd go as far to say he transforms the team. He definitely adds to it.

We are the closest thing to a one man team in this league, if Boyle was to get any kind of injury that kept him out for a few months then we'll likely be finishing 9th or 10th.

Left by mutual consent!

Jeezo

Let's be honest, given the league form before Sunday and now the continuation of that league form with a tough run of comes coming up, Sundays result was a nice to have. As mentioned on other threads, when do we become concerned with no European Football and a reduction in Season Ticket numbers next season if this continues? It is a difficult situation, our league form must improve. Bottom six should be a sackable offence for a manager of Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by noz View Post
    we get a great result, then are brought crashing back down to earth, Weve been like this for as long as I can remember, and thats a few years!
    Happened as long as I remember. No even surprised anymair.

Does occasionally work the other way, mind us getting beat by Hearts and we went to Ibrox midweek and skelped the sticky buns 3-0.

Martin and Christian have severely let us down last night. JR needs to beat St Johnstone or I suspect the shoogly peg might fall out.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Let's be honest, given the league form before Sunday and now the continuation of that league form with a tough run of comes coming up, Sundays result was a nice to have. As mentioned on other threads, when do we become concerned with no European Football and a reduction in Season Ticket numbers next season if this continues? It is a difficult situation, our league form must improve. Bottom six should be a sackable offence for a manager of Hibs.
    What if that manager finished third the season before and won the league cup?

It isn't as black and white as that.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

The performances concern me more than the results.

I know some folk think last night was all right (and in isolation it wasn’t the worst) but we just stopped in the second half. We’re already 5 defeats on the bounce, we have a run of fixtures that we don’t have the squad to cope with and last night was the poorest team we’ll face.

I’m not convinced our league position is going to be very healthy by the time we come out of December.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post

Then he'd get the plaudits he deserves. But he'll still be hanging in the balance as despite a commendable league finish and theoretical Cup win it's hard to take to the man and his style of football as it's borderline hoofball when under pressure, which most teams now take advantage of, and hope Boyle can come up with something.

He should be given an opportunity to try and turn performances around and get us playing more consistently, but he'll never be more than a couple of games away from many of our support turning unless things improve dramatically. Given our next couple of games and our thread bare squad it's difficult to see how he'll manage it.

He needs to do what he can and get us to January without further imploding as we've done well in the winter transfer window over the last few years and it may be the only way to getting us fighting at the right side end the table.
    Last edited by CMac1988; 25-11-2021 at 08:58 AM.

First Team Breakthrough
    In our current predicament he will not get sacked, if the League slide continues I believe January would be the time

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I agree, we will stutter along in 6th or 7th eventually ending up 6th.

Basically boring.

Could be curtains for J R if that happens though, as STs will plummet.
    It’s not just next season’s sales that will be down, attendances at ER are going to fall throughout December I’d imagine. Home games are going to be pretty grim.

We’ll limp along to the transfer window, but if we’re honest with ourselves, we won’t strengthen enough to be in a position to challenge for Europe.

Testimonial Due
    Fans waiting for Doidge to come back, he then gets sent off in his first game back, Boyle follows him with a stupid red card?
    What chance have we got if we get players back, but can't keep our discipline?
    Poor manager is getting pelters, but its the players letting him down!!!

Left by mutual consent!

Let's hope him winning the Semi isn't a Duffy style reprieve and he stays longer than he should if December does get ugly to our real detriment. He really does need to sort out the league form regardless of the squad, injuries, suspensions or poor transfer windows which he was in the building for. He is our manager, it is on him.

McInnes is available and I'm sure he'd love to work at Hibs with what we have.
    Last edited by 90274; 25-11-2021 at 09:38 AM.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Let's hope him winning the Semi isn't a Duffy style reprieve and he stays longer than he should if December does get ugly to our real detriment. He really does need to sort out the league form regardless of the squad, injuries, suspensions or poor transfer windows which he was in the building for. He is our manager, it is on him.

Jack loves you. Honest. That stuff is all in the past.

Jack Ross is giving us the pragmatic football that has worked for us in the past, with occasionally brilliant games in which we play scintillating football.

DM was emptied from Aberdeen because of the style of football. You really think he will totally change his style because he's at Hibs where a certain way of playing is more valued by the support?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Left by mutual consent!
    Jack Ross is giving us the pragmatic football that has worked for us in the past, with occasionally brilliant games in which we play scintillating football.

DM was emptied from Aberdeen because of the style of football. You really think he will totally change his style because he's at Hibs where a certain way of playing is more valued by the support?
    When did we last play scintillating football under Jack Ross?

Derek McInnes has more credentials than Jack Ross has that's for sure. I'd get him in for the cup final.

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    Fans waiting for Doidge to come back, he then gets sent off in his first game back, Boyle follows him with a stupid red card?
    What chance have we got if we get players back, but can't keep our discipline?
    Poor manager is getting pelters, but its the players letting him down!!!
    absolutely, the players can’t pick and choose when to perform. Sunday’s performance compared to last night isn’t down to the manager.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar

Derek McInnes has more credentials than Jack Ross has that's for sure. I'd get him in for the cup final.
    How many cup finals did he win v Celtc? Bottled them all from what I can remember. McInnes would face the same issues Ross did last season. Folk would moan like **** about his football even if we are winning.

Are you for real?

Finishing 3rd and 2 cup finals in a row being compared to Duff Jimmy?

Oh well, at least that cheered me up after last night.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Are you for real?

Ha. I agree: made me chuckle …very funny post…..some posters are obviously having a field day today …others are having a more balanced criticism of the league form..the post you quoted is one of the former!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Are you for real?

Our form really is that bad and we have seen monumental collapses before post christmas.

We have a tough run of games, let's hope we can get some results quickly somehow.

This thread stinks to high heaven.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

About 3 ****ing days ago against the Huns in national semi-final.

Right then I'll bite, I'm guessing you're going to offer up a League Cup and a few second & third placed finished when Hibs and Rangers were both in the championship as DM's credentials?

Sir Alex Ferguson