hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 118
  1. #1
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    214

    same old, same old

    we get a great result, then are brought crashing back down to earth, Weve been like this for as long as I can remember, and thats a few years!


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,171
    Perhaps time to change our HC

  4. #3
    Cup final or no cup final. The manager has to go. The man is not up to the job!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    1,634
    Quote Originally Posted by noz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we get a great result, then are brought crashing back down to earth, Weve been like this for as long as I can remember, and thats a few years!
    Been like this since I started supporting hibs since the sixties. We are in deep trouble as our midfield is poor and we donít have a strike force. Then add in the ageing defence .

  6. #5
    First Team Breakthrough AliboyFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Newcastle
    Age
    16
    Posts
    429
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: MixerAlizz
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cup final or no cup final. The manager has to go. The man is not up to the job!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree

  7. #6
    Testimonial Due berwickhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    berwick upon tweed
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,696
    Squad very sparse and then let down by unprofessional actions tonight.

    5 defeats in a row is totally unacceptable for hibs,manager not my favourite but he was let down in the last transfer window.

  8. #7
    Consistant cup form
    Consistant league form

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,858
    Quote Originally Posted by noz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we get a great result, then are brought crashing back down to earth, Weve been like this for as long as I can remember, and thats a few years!
    Yep. They build you up and then drop you down from a great height. That was atrocious tonight and showed exactly what weíre lacking. Nisbet had 3 great chances to score and didnít get close, he needs to be dropped and given a rest but thereís no one else to take his place. Doidge and Boyle both managed to get themselves sent off by being ****in idiots, that means weíre flogging a dead horse for the next 2 games. I feel sorry for Nisbet, heís not had a break for well over a year and heís had to lead the line when in any other circumstances heíd be given a break. On that performance itís going to be a torrid time with all the games coming up.

    United we stand here....

  10. #9
    @hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,334
    Our squad is awful and itís not been helped by individuals letting their teammates down. Doidge and Boyle both utterly stupid tonight. We now go into two big games without Doidge and one without Boyle.

    Being in a position where two of our summer signings canít even make the squad while Darren McGregor and Jamie Gullan are getting game time tells itís own story. Shambles.

  11. #10
    Right now a relegation fight looks more likely than 3rd. January transfer window is massive now.

  12. #11
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right now a relegation fight looks more likely than 3rd. January transfer window is massive now.
    Right now neither is the most likely option.

    United we stand here....

  13. #12
    We need to arrest this slide and tbh I'm far from confident we will do so in the next couple of games.

    With a hectic schedule coming up, a still not insignificant injury list and now 2 stupid suspensions we are in a bit of bother. Ross needs a big result in the league and quickly. The performance is largely irrelevant, we just need a win. It's far from an easy run coming up so the sooner we get it the better.

    Tonight is so disappointing in a number of ways. It once again highlights how important starting a rebuilding process in January is.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southside
    Age
    53
    Posts
    7,572
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right now neither is the most likely option.
    I agree, we will stutter along in 6th or 7th eventually ending up 6th.

    Basically boring.

    Could be curtains for J R if that happens though, as STs will plummet.

  15. #14
    Testimonial Due BegbieHSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,633
    Weíll get beat by St Johnstone, and somehow manage to skelp the Huns again next week, before losing at home to Motherwell the following weekend. Stick a score on it!

  16. #15
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,858
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, we will stutter along in 6th or 7th eventually ending up 6th.

    Basically boring.

    Could be curtains for J R if that happens though, as STs will plummet.
    I think the January window will be huge for him. Itís seems to accepted that he was badly let down in the August window and as a result Iíd expect him to receive decent backing in January. We could win the league cup and have a strong second half or we could limp along and as you say be basically boring. Right now with the games coming thick and fast we need a manager to guide us through, tonight was a bad start to that.

    United we stand here....

  17. #16
    Since when was signing 6 players a bad transfer window!?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, we will stutter along in 6th or 7th eventually ending up 6th.

    Basically boring.

    Could be curtains for J R if that happens though, as STs will plummet.
    It's really boring getting to all these finals and semi-finals?

    I really don't understand football fans - this is a great time to be a Hibs fan - when has it been any better?

  19. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since when was signing 6 players a bad transfer window!?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When 2 of them can't even make the bench, one of them is currently playing for Raith Rovers, one isn't here yet, one has been injured for months and one of them is a 3rd choice goalkeeper?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  20. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire HFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's really boring getting to all these finals and semi-finals?

    I really don't understand football fans - this is a great time to be a Hibs fan - when has it been any better?
    I could agree with this if we played attacking free flowing football. But since we are no where near that, Iíd disagree.

  21. #20
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thankerton, SL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    12,361
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since when was signing 6 players a bad transfer window!?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wood and Scott arenít getting on the bench. Poor.
    JDH has been decent, struggled since his COVID but seems to be getting back to his best. Good.
    McKay. Injured. Judgement reserved.

    Honestly canít even remember who else?

    The point is itís not about quantity.
    A great day out ruined by the football

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,334
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since when was signing 6 players a bad transfer window!?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Since one of them is on loan at Raith Rovers, one is a third choice backup goalkeeper and the rest are either injured or deemed not good enough by the manager. JDH is the only one to have made any positive impact.

  23. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When 2 of them can't even make the bench, one of them is currently playing for Raith Rovers, one isn't here yet, one has been injured for months and one of them is a 3rd choice goalkeeper?
    Window was so bad when you look at it spelled out...

    I cannot believe this was solely the fault of Mathie though. Hoping it was as it'll mean we have chance to have superb January window but I won't hold my breath.

  24. #23
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thankerton, SL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    12,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since one of them is on loan at Raith Rovers, one is a third choice backup goalkeeper and the rest are either injured or deemed not good enough by the manager. JDH is the only one to have made any positive impact.
    Aye that was it, a player on a loan back to Raith and a third choice goalie.

    Thanks recruitment team 🙄
    A great day out ruined by the football

  25. #24
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire HFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's really boring getting to all these finals and semi-finals?

    I really don't understand football fans - this is a great time to be a Hibs fan - when has it been any better?
    We are a very boring team to watch just now though.
    Stop Boyle and you stop Hibs.

  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    18,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When 2 of them can't even make the bench, one of them is currently playing for Raith Rovers, one isn't here yet, one has been injured for months and one of them is a 3rd choice goalkeeper?
    Aye but apart from that?

    United we stand here....

  27. #26
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    kirkcaldy
    Posts
    8,211
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Been like this since I started supporting hibs since the sixties. We are in deep trouble as our midfield is poor and we donít have a strike force. Then add in the ageing defence .
    Yes 40 odd years for me, it's been the occasional highlight, but mainly mediocrity.

  28. #27
    I said this afternoon when I was discussing the game with friends that I wouldnít be surprised if we lost after Sunday as itís ďtypical HibsĒ.

    Iím sure thousands said the same.

    Here we are.

  29. #28
    Letting us down is the Hibs way. We have the best, most loyal and loudest fans in the country but the club simply aren't at the same level.

    depressing stuff.

  30. #29
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRS
    Posts
    10,630
    Having been a Hibs fan for over fifty years, I just shrugged at the performance and result because going radge at a computer screen wouldn't change anything. I've seen both often enough regardless of the players or managers involved that I wasn't surprised. Disappointed yes, but the rest of my life goes on and I learnt a long time ago not to let Hibs affect that.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  31. #30
    @hibs.net private member Coco Bryce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Just outside the box !!
    Age
    51
    Posts
    5,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Having been a Hibs fan for over fifty years, I just shrugged at the performance and result because going radge at a computer screen wouldn't change anything. I've seen both often enough regardless of the players or managers involved that I wasn't surprised. Disappointed yes, but the rest of my life goes on and I learnt a long time ago not to let Hibs affect that.
    Been watching Hibs for over 40 years and I've smashed about 10 TVs 😂

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)