hibs.net Messageboard

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What makes you think Ross will sort this?
    With our limited squad he has got his work cut out.
    I'm still a bit optimistic after Sunday, needs to be damage limitation this month and then a big window.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    We were brilliant on Sunday and tonight we reverted back to the way we've been playing in the league for most of this season - p1sh. Last season we were consistently good in the league but completely failed to turn up in big Cup ties.

Something's not right either in the way we prepare for games or in the players attitude/mentality. Seems like they just turn it on when they can be bothered.

Big problem for Ross which he needs to sort out pronto.
    Or maybe we just failed to take our chances and lost to a freak goal? the over reactions on here are unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    So kicking someone from behind who is running at full tilt and who has no idea the contact is coming is lesser than pushing off someone. I think Doidge deserved a red but so did their no 2 in the first half. To allow that tackle to be a yellow means players will always make it. Football really needs to think about rules which promote attacking play. Rugby does everything to make the game more attractive and football seems to enjoy a game where cheats prosper
    Well in the rules of the game, yes. I don’t necessarily disagree that fouls like the one in first half (assuming we’re talking about same one) SHOULD be looked at as reds, but they aren’t.

Violent conduct like Doidge’s kick-out always will be a red.

*edit - the one on the sideline over the top of the ball could have been a red for dangerous play though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    Or maybe we just failed to take our chances and lost to a freak goal? the over reactions on here are unreal.
    Not when we have lost 5 league games in a row under a manager that is far from convincing.

First Team Breakthrough
    Folk need to temper their language/comments about Boyle. We’d be absolutely ****ed without him this season, he’s the only real bit of quality we have in this squad. He’s let his frustrations get the better of him tonight, but leave it at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by McHibby View Post
    How TF is this not a penalty?
    Foul given against Hanlon before the attempted shirt removal is the official line.

Quote Originally Posted by tmb1875 View Post
    Folk need to temper their language/comments about Boyle. We’d be absolutely ****ed without him this season, he’s the only real bit of quality we have in this squad. He’s let his frustrations get the better of him tonight, but leave it at that.

Why? He has been brilliant this season and was probably man of the match if we hadn’t gone on to lose.

Doesn’t mean folk can’t call him stupid for getting sent off like that after the game, same as they would any other player.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike

Failure to take our chances killed us tonight - was nothing to do with fight, desire, tactics or the manager as people are claiming.

Could easily have scored at least 3 or 4 before their flukey goal.

Nisbet's three clear cut chances, Boyle's volley, penalty shout on Hanlon, and his shot that hit the post. We created enough to win the game and on another night we would have had the game tied up at half time.

Football is a game of fine margins and we came off on the wrong side tonight, we played much better overall than we did against Aberdeen or Dundee utd imo.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Ross County could, and should have scored at least 2-3 more. They were atrocious at finishing, one was an open goal and they had two clear chances through on the goalkeeper and they managed to miss.

Over reactions go both ways - everyone was getting giddy over our win against Rangers.

We have lost 5 league games in a row; worst form in the league. Lost against bottom team who, barring a couple of players, look like relegation material.

I agree and I dread to think where we would be without him tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Doidge was definitely a red card for me, crazy from him.

I thought he was unlucky as he didn't see the guy coming, even Tam on Hibs TV thought he was unlucky, don't think it was intentional.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar

You can agree with all of that and still think he’s an idiot for getting himself sent off tonight. Going to be a huge miss on Saturday. Let his teammates down.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post

Failure to take our chances killed us tonight - was nothing to do with fight, desire, tactics or the manager as people are claiming.

Nisbet's three clear cut chances, Boyle's volley, penalty shout on Hanlon, and his shot that hit the post. We created enough to win the game and on another night we would have had the game tied up at half time.

Football is a game of fine margins and we came off on the wrong side tonight, we played much better overall than we did against Aberdeen or Dundee utd imo.
    Points win prizes unfortunately. I only caught the last 20 minutes or so but County could have scored 3 in that time.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I thought he was unlucky as he didn't see the guy coming, even Tam on Hibs TV thought he was unlucky, don't think it was intentional.
    Genuinely don't think it's intentional either. But it's a clear a red as you'll ever see. Imagine that's Morelos on Porto? (other than the fact it's an OF player and he'd never be sent off)

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    That second half was terrible tonight. Ref was garbage but we need to look at ourselves. Created nothing and lost the plot after the red card.

Sunday was brilliant but came from nowhere. League table is a concern.
    Can’t keep blaming refs, he was poor tonight for both teams, we were poor, Nisbet is just pretty average just now and nothing happening for him, he had the cheek to complain when he got subbed, Doidge was stupid to kick out like that and has no complaints about his red, Boyle should be fined 2 weeks wages for his stupidity after the whistle went, to be honest we could have lost more goals in the 2nd half, Ross is now under massive pressure, the league is our bread and butter and we need to stay in it, our form just now in the league is very worrying.

I think the initial contact was perhaps accidental but from where I was watching he's then left his boot in for longer than was necessary and also flicked it in a forwards motion towards the guy's chest.

No complaints from me.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    So we ignore our league form? It’s not just been this game. Our recent run in the leagues been terrible

Sunday’s papered over the cracks

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Out of curiosity, what justifies a straight red for dissent? More often than not it is a yellow. If you're Liam Craig and Steven Naismith it isn't even a polite warning.

Is it really a case of what you've said?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I think the initial contact was perhaps accidental but from where I was watching he's then left his boot in for longer than was necessary and also flicked it in a forwards motion towards the guy's chest.

No complaints from me.
    Nope, it’s a clear red and very silly from him.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by coldingham hibs View Post
    Points win prizes unfortunately. I only caught the last 20 minutes or so but County could have scored 3 in that time.
    Points are all that matters but folk are acting like tonight was a dreadful performance like the Dundee utd and Aberdeen games where we created nothing, when it clearly wasn't.

The game completely flipped after they scored that goal and we seemed to collectively lose the head which is worrying, but with the chances we made the game should have been put to bed by then anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post

Can’t get points because of what you could have done.

First half was reasonable. Second half was dreadful. Created nothing more than a couple of half chances, didn’t test the keeper, didn’t react to going a goal behind and lost the plot after the red card.

We need to find some points from somewhere or we’ll find ourselves in a bit of bother.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Nonsense. I don't think Doidge even seen the County player. It was momentum that brought them together, it certainly wasn't in any way malicious.
    He left his foot in and raked it down the County’s player, defo a red.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    So kicking someone from behind who is running at full tilt and who has no idea the contact is coming is lesser than pushing off someone. I think Doidge deserved a red but so did their no 2 in the first half. To allow that tackle to be a yellow means players will always make it. Football really needs to think about rules which promote attacking play. Rugby does everything to make the game more attractive and football seems to enjoy a game where cheats prosper
    you forget who runs the game in Scotland, it aint gonna change anytime soon.

The only criticism i would have tonight is taking Nisbet off.

For me he was having a good game and was lot more like his old self. His link up play was good and although he missed chances I felt one was coming.

Now Ross can turn and say he’s scored 2 all season and missed heaps tonight so deserved to be subbed. But tonight and against Rangers was more like the form I was used to seeing from him.

For me the sub was Doidge for Cadden (who was having a good game) and Boyle out wide.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Genuinely still think we'll be fighting for third come the end of the season. The league is so open this year anyone can beat anyone and it means we still have a chance at third.

The frustrating thing is we really should have went all in last transfer window and been out of sight in third. Poor recruitments that's cost us so far.
    I can’t share your optimism
    With three games a week ,a small squad with injured players snd now two players suspended for next two games we are likely to be on seven league defeats in a row and still in bottom six
    A few more injuries would deplete us further
    It’s looking like a very difficult December to me

Tam on TV changed his mind when he saw him kick out.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Genuinely still think we'll be fighting for third come the end of the season. The league is so open this year anyone can beat anyone and it means we still have a chance at third.

The frustrating thing is we really should have went all in last transfer window and been out of sight in third. Poor recruitments that's cost us so far.
    I think we’re as likely to be relegated as we are to put a decent challenge in for 3rd. I genuinely don’t know which, or whether it will be something in between.

This squad is paper thin and desperately short of depth. There’s a core of a decent team and the odd bit of quality but it’s miles off being a squad that you can rely on to pick up consistent results.

We have an awful lot of football to play over the next month with a squad that’s just not fit for purpose.

We might turn it around from January on and I wouldn’t be surprised if we put on a decent counter attacking performance and won the cup.

Biggest problem is going forward. Going into the weekend without Boyle and Doidge and having to play Nisbet is a frightening prospect.

As much fun as the weekend was, we’re still a shambles imo…

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    an astonishing state of affairs given how the entire club was feeling on Sunday night
    Reality is Sunday just made us forget recent results and how we've been playing.

We've become a one man team. Win your battles against Boyle and keep him quiet and you've all but won the game. Our defence and keeper are prone to making amateurish mistakes and our £5million striker has been posted missing most of the season. Midfield don't work hard enough off the ball.

Yet on Sunday. The defence found a way to defend and block almost everything thrown at them. Nisbet despite not scoring chased and harried lost causes. The midfield were closing everyone down and putting their bodies on the line. Why can't we do that more often?

Away to County in Dingwall and we're back to normal service. Slow to start but start to get a good footing in the game. Despite not playing well we're edging the game. Switch off for a minute and boom! The whole thing crumbles. Ross has been on a hiding to nothing for a while but finally managed to garner a little favour after Sunday. Unfortunately for him it's all undone and he's back in the hot seat. Something needs to change and fast.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Out of curiosity, what justifies a straight red for dissent? More often than not it is a yellow. If you're Liam Craig and Steven Naismith it isn't even a polite warning.

I totally get what you're saying and you see it happening all the time without any repercussion. But it's just so stupid from Boyle. He must know better than anyone he's out best player and we rely on him so much. Just needs to let it go and get down the tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post

I think if you say the refs a cheat or such like you’re off. If you say he’s **** or just sweary complain that’s a yellow. I could be wrong though