hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Garry O’Hagan

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Garry O’Hagan

Back at Hibs in a new position
    Head of Operations and Infrastructure. Great move. If anyone knows about these things at Hibs, it’s Garry

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Couldn’t disagree more. Power hungry and couldn’t be more disconnected from supporters if he tried. Was his era not circa 2008-2015 previously? Great success had there. Hopefully he’ll stay well clear of that area and leave it to KP.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Couldn’t disagree more. Power hungry and couldn’t be more disconnected from supporters if he tried. Was his era not circa 2008-2015 previously? Great success had there. Hopefully he’ll stay well clear of that area and leave it to KP.
    And in the context of infrastructure and operations what was your concern? To what extent we’re things constrained by the previous regime?

In my experience that’s not the way he came across in the LWT meetings I attended. Maybe I was in a minority? Always thought he was one of the good guys.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Coaching Staff
    Always found Garry helpful and approachable. Sure he will do a good job. Also great to have a Hibby back in the club.
    Good luck Garry.

From somebody who has dealt with him garry’s one of the good guys so pleased he’s back

@hibs.net private member matty_f's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Moore View Post
    From somebody who has dealt with him garry’s one of the good guys so pleased he’s back
    Same here.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    In my experience that’s not the way he came across in the LWT meetings I attended. Maybe I was in a minority? Always thought he was one of the good guys.
    Absolutely, good to have him back.
    Space to let

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Was stadium manager when I worked at Hibs late 90's.

Knows the place inside and out. I'm glad he's back
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Did his best work well before 2008 including involvement in the new West Stand and the construction of the Training Centre.
    I think he was also involved in the new East. His job wasn’t necessarily one that involved supporter connection but in my experience he managed it well enough.

@hibs.net private member
    Lets be honest - what came out of all of those LWT sessions? They were a tick box / talking shop with little action or output, which is why after best part of a year I gave up on them.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Lets be honest - what came out of all of those LWT sessions? They were a tick box / talking shop with little action or output, which is why after best part of a year I gave up on them.
    In my opinion your coming across as taking the man not the ball here and possibly both but I’m not sure why? You start with some comments but fail to back them up with examples. Then you look at the wider LWT thing as a whole rather than commenting on how he came across. It evolved. And it was a collective LWT effort was not fronted by Garry. It needed to start somewhere - it was a vehicle rather than an end in itself.

Its not that I didn’t get scunnered at times with with the lack of traction. My impression was that was not for the lack of willingness on the majority. There were IMO constraints outwith the control of some of the participants - the club simply did not have the bandwidth or resources so must have had to be ruthless in priorities.

I left prior to Leeann joining but suspect that LWT was perhaps the right ideas but just needed more favourable circumstances and suspect that if it had been initiated now would have found more joy.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.